Serious issue - White screen

Search This thread

Monegask30

Nov 8, 2010
Hi team.

I have Googy-max2 kernel and dualboot (official GMK6 on 1st ROM and temasek's ROM on second ROM). I always use temasek's. This morning I wake up, my phone was freezed. I rebooted it and since then I have a "white" screen like this : http://choualbox.com/Img/20110711213522Z.jpg

I could reboot it on mode download, the first time i was getting the same issue "like broken screen" but could read "Downloading.. Do not turn off target". Now, i'm getting clearly the download mode. When I plug my phone, Odin recognizes it but i can't flash anything. Nothing happens when I put "Start" button...

Edit: now i'm getting "FAIL!" error on Odin, with this :
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9300XXUGMK6_I9300OXXGML1_I9300XXUGMK6_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/010> Added!!
<ID:0/010> Odin v.3 engine (ID:10)..
<ID:0/010> File analysis..
<ID:0/010> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/010> Initialzation..
<ID:0/010> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/010>
<ID:0/010> There is no PIT partition.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Any idea ? Is that a material issue ? :crying:

Thanks, i'm a little bit freaked out...

Last edited:

Monegask30

Nov 8, 2010
And if it is really dead, is there ANY way to save some data like photos (not on external SD) ? :crying: :(

Jumaqidi

Dec 3, 2013
Nope. Pit partition destroyed. Need a new motherboard.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Data is not recoverable from a dead motherboard.

Don't bump threads within 24 hours.

sadeqn

Mar 3, 2014
Same problem with CM

I have same problem when I was using CM.
I tried to fix it use odin to repartition using several PIT file I found plus Sumsong stock ROM but failed every time.

Any idea? why I see such this screen and what happend to my Galaxy S III (I9300)? and how can I fix my phone?

Monegask30

Nov 8, 2010
I have same problem when I was using CM.
I tried to fix it use odin to repartition using several PIT file I found plus Sumsong stock ROM but failed every time.

Any idea? why I see such this screen and what happend to my Galaxy S III (I9300)? and how can I fix my phone?

I just brought my phone to an official Samsung repairing store. They checked for an hour and finally told me that they indeed need to replace the motherboard. Data will be lost, and it would cost me more than 200€.. At this price, I prefer buying a new phone :(

Sorry for the bad news dude...

But does it mean that temasek's ROM or Googy-Max2 kernel can damage Galaxy S3 phones ? I thought i was the only one getting this issue, but if you have the same problem...

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Nothing to do with the rom or kernel, most sds is caused by the period when the phone was on ICS.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk