So don't update to 4.4.2?

Search This thread

choboii

Apr 14, 2013
Plugged in my Z1c to my Mac and now I have an update ready for me. Im assuming its for KitKat. But I have read a lot of threads saying there are a lot of problems. So should I just stay on Jellybean then? Will these problems be fixable by another update if Sony does respond to these problems? If not i'll be staying on 4.3 for a while then. ha

ghtop

Oct 25, 2013
Plugged in my Z1c to my Mac and now I have an update ready for me. Im assuming its for KitKat. But I have read a lot of threads saying there are a lot of problems. So should I just stay on Jellybean then? Will these problems be fixable by another update if Sony does respond to these problems? If not i'll be staying on 4.3 for a while then. ha

Everything is fixable by Sony, should they wish to do so ;)

That said, I've been running KitKat (UK unbranded) for a week now without the kinds of issues reported by others - only the crackling notifications, but I can live with those and it's pretty certain Sony will fix that sooner rather than later. So YMMV.

I'm new to Sony phones, but tbh this kind of rigmarole over updates has been the same with *every* Android OEM I've been with so far. HTC even pulled their KK update for the One Mini within days because of its bugs, and over a month later they still haven't put out a fixed version ... hopeless.

Reactions: choboii

Imaeda

Nov 6, 2012
I am since sunday with the KK and no issues at all, my battery runs ok, ram memory got better and phone calls and camera no problem.
i made by OTA with no wipe. for me looks prety safe, i think most people who run in some problem are those who unlock bootloader or mod the phone.
I am not rooted or so, waiting a good reason to do it(4K video recording could be one)

Reactions: choboii

choboii

Apr 14, 2013
I am since sunday with the KK and no issues at all, my battery runs ok, ram memory got better and phone calls and camera no problem.
i made by OTA with no wipe. for me looks prety safe, i think most people who run in some problem are those who unlock bootloader or mod the phone.
I am not rooted or so, waiting a good reason to do it(4K video recording could be one)

I see. Then I might update since I am not rooted or have an unlocked bootloader either.

Imaeda

Nov 6, 2012
I see. Then I might update since I am not rooted or have an unlocked bootloader either.

I just think this maybe is cause the problem of most people here, my opnion, the only one i ocasianly have is that when I answer a phone call auto go to loudspeaker, but i had that so often with 4.3 that had with 4.4 looks the same(some people say to disable chrome thats dont happen anymore)
auto mode was a catastrophe already on 4.3. my batery is runing good and i play dead trigger 2 and GTA with no lag.
for me, personaly, the update is ok

Bionder

Nov 20, 2011
Lisboa
Until now i didn't find any bugs, what i did was... updating to 4.4 and after install it i did a factory reset. It runs smoothly with no problems until now.

thermalboyz

May 1, 2008
NoWhere
All of those have "NO" problem with KK bug, short survey below.

Are you: -
1. Rooted?
2. Unlocked Bootloader?
3. OTA update?
4. PCC update?
5. Factory Reset after update?
6. Flash using flashtool?

Last edited:

ghtop

Oct 25, 2013
All of those have "NO" problem with KK bug, short survey below.

Are you: -
1. Rooted? NO
2. Unlocked Bootloader? NO
3. OTA update? NO
4. PCC update? NO
5. Factory Reset after update YES

I flashed the UK unbranded with Flashtool. This option should be added to your list.

I do have crackling notifications though - although strangely only with the Sony supplied ones, the Hangouts sounds are always fine. The ways of Sony are mysterious :)

choboii

Apr 14, 2013
So I upgraded to KitKat. Seems fine right now except my camera freezes. Any fix around this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I dont have any issue with 4.4.2

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Everything is fixable by Sony, should they wish to do so ;)

That said, I've been running KitKat (UK unbranded) for a week now without the kinds of issues reported by others - only the crackling notifications, but I can live with those and it's pretty certain Sony will fix that sooner rather than later. So YMMV.

I'm new to Sony phones, but tbh this kind of rigmarole over updates has been the same with *every* Android OEM I've been with so far. HTC even pulled their KK update for the One Mini within days because of its bugs, and over a month later they still haven't put out a fixed version ... hopeless.