[KERNEL] Kernel Sapec 2.6 TW_KK_Update 7_N9005

Search This thread

zamcum

Oct 22, 2008
Hello

ThIs is a kernel for N9005 (International Note 3 LTE). This kernel is for TouchWiz rom's.

This kernel is for all those who like the stock kernel, but appreciate some extra features.

It's not a"racing" kernel or a kernel for "battery".
This kernel has the same performance and battery consumption as stock kernel.

This kernel does not have any tweak for performance or something else. When installed, this kernel has the same configuration as the stock kernel.

Kernel RE-based on Samsung sources update 7 (N9005XXUENB7 - N9005)

Differences for kernel stock:
1 - Support to init.d
2 - Selinux permissive
3 - kernel insegure
4 - Francisco Franco Sound
5 - Display Control
6 - Led Control
7 - Synapse support
8 - CPU OverClock (2.803Mhz Max.) (2.265MHz default)
9 - Added some governors (intelliactive, intelidemand, lionheart, dancedance and smartmax)
10 - Added some schedulers (Bfq, Sio, fiops, fifo, vr and zen)
11 - Tweak menu if Synapse is used
12 - Fast charge configurable
13 - Simple GPU algorithm
14 - GPU Overclock (578MHz Max) (450MHz default)
15 - Added some Wifi TCP algorithms (Westwood, bic and Htcp+)
16 - Backup of Synapse data available (see that)
17 - Added new hardlimit, from yank555, much more versatile than the previous version

Changelog:
Version 1.7 - Initial release on XDA
Version 1.8 - Changed sound mod from FauxSound to Francisco Franco Sound
Versión 1.8.1 - Ramdisk of XXUEND3
Version 2.0 - OverClock (2.803Mhz Max.) (2.265MHz default); added some governors (intelidemand, lionheart, dancedance and smartmax); added some schedulers (Sio, fiops, fifo, vr and zen); Fast charge USB (1200 mV Max.); Tweak menu, if Synapse is used
Version 2.1 - Fast Charge 1.1 by yank555
Version 2.6 - New Menu on Synapse for GPU and CPU governor, Simple GPU algorithm, new hardlimit version 1.6a, Added some Wifi TCP algorithms (Westwood, bic and Htcp+), Added Bfq scheduler, Added Intelliactive governor, GPU Overclock (578MHz Max) (450MHz default), More options and information on Synapse, Backup of Synapse data available (See that)

Credits:
All this kernel mods were written by developers. Credits are to them Thanks to Yank555, Faux123, AndreiLux, Wootever. franciscofranco, civato, Imoseyon, apb_axel, UpInTheAir, and others. if I forgot someone, please send me a P.M.

Download
Download (Mediafire):
To flash with Recovery
To flash with Odin
Mega Mirror:
To flash with Recovery
To flash with Odin
goo Mirror: thanks to joluke
To flash with Recovery
To flash with Odin

Bugs:
nothing so far

Suggestion:
The governor default is interactive. If you want to use other governor, not interactive based, to avoid freezes and randomly reboots, please turn off DVFS with DVFS Disabler or with Wanam Xposed, and reboot your phone, before change the governor.
Any freeze or reboot reported in several days of use, with ondemand.

Apk to configure this kernel:
You can use your prefered application. I think the best option is Synapse. This kernel is fully compatible with Synapse. You can download it free, at Play Store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.af.synapse

Warning:
This kernel is properly tested, and is working on my phone for several days.
I am not liable for any damage to your phone, just because you use this kernel

Sources

Last edited:

Hypercore

Apr 16, 2009
Vancouver
First :) Will report back on the performance.
Running it right now. As expected, very limited options in terms of tweaking, but it's pretty smooth so far. Going to run a few tests and see how it holds up, have you tested its ability to initialize deep sleep mode?

Last edited:

zamcum

Oct 22, 2008
First :) Will report back on the performance.
Running it right now. As expected, very limited options in terms of tweaking, but it's pretty smooth so far. Going to run a few tests and see how it holds up, have you tested its ability to initialize deep sleep mode?

Thanks for your impressions. About deep sleep, nothing wrong to report, it going normally in deep sleep.

Here are some mirrors @ goo.im, because mediafire usually is blocked in some countries and SUCKS a lot:

@zamcum: add it to OP :)

Reactions: antique_sonic

Hypercore

Apr 16, 2009
Vancouver
Zamcum, I've sent you a PM.
If all goes well there will be only MEGA links to the kernel from here on out hosted off a premium account. No more wait times and slow download speeds.

zamcum

Oct 22, 2008
Firstly, I would like to thanks all who have tried this kernel. An extra thanks, to those who gave their feedback

Can somebody show their battery usage? :D

the battery depends on usage. It's different for everyone. Try the kernel and see for yourself, do not you'll regret

It seems that ODIN package is broken. (Error in Odin 3.09)
I tried from both sources (MF and Goo)

Thanks. is already fixed

I think you should host the sources @ github... instead of mediafire
the code used in this kernel is already on github. Just search a bit.

In the future, perhaps I publish only the changes to the samsung kernel, which allows a more friendly consultation.
I don't know if it's allowed by the rules of the forum. A kernel must always be accompanied by their sources

@joluke Can you made a new link at goo, for the correct odin package, please?

Last edited:
Reactions: DiRT_360
@joluke Can you made a new link at goo, for the correct odin package, please?

odin package fixed:

http://goo.im/devs/zylor/SM-N9005/KERNELS/Zancum/Sapec_kernel_N9005_update_7_V_1.7.tar.md5

Noma: Sapec_kernel_N9005_update_7_V_1.7.tar.md5
CRC-32: 3397adb5
MD4: 1e4e06d10dc3ae948c2790069164e1f8
MD5: c9359277b15304000b9290d561cc33a1
SHA-1: 5e5fb695967dd55b05325f45c28de82e73d1bb69

PS: It's the same link that it is on OP... just deleted the file and reuploaded it :)

zamcum

Oct 22, 2008
odin package fixed:

http://goo.im/devs/zylor/SM-N9005/KERNELS/Zancum/Sapec_kernel_N9005_update_7_V_1.7.tar.md5

Noma: Sapec_kernel_N9005_update_7_V_1.7.tar.md5
CRC-32: 3397adb5
MD4: 1e4e06d10dc3ae948c2790069164e1f8
MD5: c9359277b15304000b9290d561cc33a1
SHA-1: 5e5fb695967dd55b05325f45c28de82e73d1bb69

PS: It's the same link that it is on OP... just deleted the file and reuploaded it :)

Hi

many thanks for the mirror at goo

still about sources at github
If you (or someone else) want the sources (commit) of any feature of this kernel, let me know, I can provide this information with pleasure

regards

Reactions: DiRT_360 and joluke

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello

ThIs is a kernel for N9005 (International Note 3 LTE). This kernel is for TouchWiz rom's.

This kernel is for all those who like the stock kernel, but appreciate some extra features.

It's not a"racing" kernel or a kernel for "battery".
    This kernel has the same performance and battery consumption as stock kernel.

This kernel does not have any tweak for performance or something else. When installed, this kernel has the same configuration as the stock kernel.

Kernel RE-based on Samsung sources update 7 (N9005XXUENB7 - N9005)

Differences for kernel stock:
    1 - Support to init.d
    2 - Selinux permissive
    3 - kernel insegure
    4 - Francisco Franco Sound
    5 - Display Control
    6 - Led Control
    7 - Synapse support
    8 - CPU OverClock (2.803Mhz Max.) (2.265MHz default)
    9 - Added some governors (intelliactive, intelidemand, lionheart, dancedance and smartmax)
    10 - Added some schedulers (Bfq, Sio, fiops, fifo, vr and zen)
    11 - Tweak menu if Synapse is used
    12 - Fast charge configurable
    13 - Simple GPU algorithm
    14 - GPU Overclock (578MHz Max) (450MHz default)
    15 - Added some Wifi TCP algorithms (Westwood, bic and Htcp+)
    16 - Backup of Synapse data available (see that)
    17 - Added new hardlimit, from yank555, much more versatile than the previous version

Changelog:
    Version 1.7 - Initial release on XDA
    Version 1.8 - Changed sound mod from FauxSound to Francisco Franco Sound
    Versión 1.8.1 - Ramdisk of XXUEND3
    Version 2.0 - OverClock (2.803Mhz Max.) (2.265MHz default); added some governors (intelidemand, lionheart, dancedance and smartmax); added some schedulers (Sio, fiops, fifo, vr and zen); Fast charge USB (1200 mV Max.); Tweak menu, if Synapse is used
    Version 2.1 - Fast Charge 1.1 by yank555
    Version 2.6 - New Menu on Synapse for GPU and CPU governor, Simple GPU algorithm, new hardlimit version 1.6a, Added some Wifi TCP algorithms (Westwood, bic and Htcp+), Added Bfq scheduler, Added Intelliactive governor, GPU Overclock (578MHz Max) (450MHz default), More options and information on Synapse, Backup of Synapse data available (See that)

Credits:
    All this kernel mods were written by developers. Credits are to them Thanks to Yank555, Faux123, AndreiLux, Wootever. franciscofranco, civato, Imoseyon, apb_axel, UpInTheAir, and others. if I forgot someone, please send me a P.M.

Download
    Download (Mediafire):
    To flash with Recovery
    To flash with Odin
    Mega Mirror:
    To flash with Recovery
    To flash with Odin
    goo Mirror: thanks to joluke
    To flash with Recovery
    To flash with Odin

Bugs:
    nothing so far

Suggestion:
    The governor default is interactive. If you want to use other governor, not interactive based, to avoid freezes and randomly reboots, please turn off DVFS with DVFS Disabler or with Wanam Xposed, and reboot your phone, before change the governor.
    Any freeze or reboot reported in several days of use, with ondemand.

Apk to configure this kernel:
    You can use your prefered application. I think the best option is Synapse. This kernel is fully compatible with Synapse. You can download it free, at Play Store:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.af.synapse

Warning:
    This kernel is properly tested, and is working on my phone for several days.
    I am not liable for any damage to your phone, just because you use this kernel

Sources
    OP Updated with new version
    Next release in personal test (so far so good) with USB fast charge (Usb 2.0 at 1000mA and USB 3.0 at 1200mA), and added some governors (intelidemand, lionheart, dancedance and smartmax) and some schedulers (Sio, fiops, fifo, vr and zen).
    Below, I leave you for the weekend, the first version of the new kernel. It is very stable but not tested as usual, for this reason, is not yet in the O:p:

Changelog:
    - Based on a new sources, Update 4 for N9005_SEA, XXUEND6
    - New menu for GPU in Synapse
    - Simple GPU algorithm (configurable on Synapse)
    - TouchWake, still in a beta version, only works with spen (not yet with fingers) (configurable on Synapse)
    - Powersuspend, necessary for TouchWake. (configurable on Synapse)
    - Added Intelliactive governor.

Take a look on OP, for all features.

...and a good weekend to all.
    On Mediafire, for recovery

On mega for recovery
    Hello

The kernel stock of the new rom, XXUEND3, has some changes in ramdisk, and therefore, this rom is not compatible with custom kernel anteriors.

Do not try a previous custom kernel with XXUEND3.
    The phone goes into bootloop

There is a new version, 1.8.1 on OP for XXUEND3