[Q] Am I bricked? Need Help

Search This thread

intrepid9

Jan 19, 2013
LG G7 ThinQ
Samsung Galaxy S10
So continuing from here...

I don't know what is wrong with my phone. I had cm-11-20140113-primoc-sk installed and tried installing cm-11-20131126-UNOFFICIAL-primoc back after Wiping Data, Cache, and system. I got through all the steps until reboot to flash boot.img. I rebooted and it just turned black. Nothing functioned afterward. I'm not even sure it is off because I can still see a faint backlight on. There are no lights, computer doesn't recognize it, power and volume buttons don't do anything, and I can't access HBoot or recovery. Am I bricked?

I've flashed several ROMs with this phone and this is the first time this has happened. I had more than 50% of battery when doing this.

P.S. the faint backlight is still on.

mcgi5sr2

Oct 15, 2012
Sheffield
So continuing from here...

I don't know what is wrong with my phone. I had cm-11-20140113-primoc-sk installed and tried installing cm-11-20131126-UNOFFICIAL-primoc back after Wiping Data, Cache, and system. I got through all the steps until reboot to flash boot.img. I rebooted and it just turned black. Nothing functioned afterward. I'm not even sure it is off because I can still see a faint backlight on. There are no lights, computer doesn't recognize it, power and volume buttons don't do anything, and I can't access HBoot or recovery. Am I bricked?

I've flashed several ROMs with this phone and this is the first time this has happened. I had more than 50% of battery when doing this.

P.S. the faint backlight is still on.

Hold down the off button for 8-10 seconds and let the device turn off. Now reboot.
You can re enter recovery by holding the down volume button when you turn it back on

mcgi5sr2

Oct 15, 2012
Sheffield
I tried that already. I tried almost all button combinations I knew.
Usually if its on and you hold down the off button the soft buttons will flash but nothing is flashing.

That is odd, prehaps your power button is a bit more mashed than mine. I'm guessing the battery has probably run out by now, but could you try adb or fastboot to see if the device is still recognised? From there we might be able to send it reboot commands etc

Reactions: intrepid9

parkourz

Jul 8, 2011
Usually if its on and you hold down the off button the soft buttons will flash but nothing is flashing.

try charging it to 100% and then press power button as hard as you can to turn it off... if it turns off, then try entering hboot, if not I don't have more ideas

Reactions: intrepid9

intrepid9

Jan 19, 2013
LG G7 ThinQ
Samsung Galaxy S10
That is odd, prehaps your power button is a bit more mashed than mine. I'm guessing the battery has probably run out by now, but could you try adb or fastboot to see if the device is still recognised? From there we might be able to send it reboot commands etc

I don't think the power button is mashed up. I know the OneV tends to have a mushy power button but mine is still functioning well. Today when I pressed the power, the red led flashed several times. That means it has low battery right? I'm guessing it is off now? I'm not sure.

try charging it to 100% and then press power button as hard as you can to turn it off... if it turns off, then try entering hboot, if not I don't have more ideas

I tried that yesterday. No luck. I'm going to try to let it run out of battery.

parkourz

Jul 8, 2011
I don't think the power button is mashed up. I know the OneV tends to have a mushy power button but mine is still functioning well. Today when I pressed the power, the red led flashed several times. That means it has low battery right? I'm guessing it is off now? I'm not sure.

I tried that yesterday. No luck. I'm going to try to let it run out of battery.

That's the disadventage of phones with closed-in battery :/

intrepid9

Jan 19, 2013
LG G7 ThinQ
Samsung Galaxy S10
I'm guessing the battery has probably run out by now, but could you try adb or fastboot to see if the device is still recognised? From there we might be able to send it reboot commands etc

So, the battery did indeed run out and I was able to use adb to send a reboot command. It worked and the phone started up again. Thanks for your help, but I have no idea why this happened in the first place :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.