[APP][2.1+] PowerBubble - quality bubble level, great graphics

Search This thread

gogoad

Jun 18, 2008
Warsaw
Hello XDA,

Me and my friend are trying to change Android world. ;-)
We have just finished making our first Android app - bubble level (know also as spirit level or just level).

We are learning - it is our first try in Android Market, but our motto is quality so it should be quite polished. What do you think? Both compliment and criticism will be very appreciated.

Oh... and almost forgot: if you like this app please rate us in market!

App has ads, but they can be switched off from settings menu! :)

News/updates ;-)

Description
  • name: PowerBubble
  • developer: Boy-Coy
  • required Android version: 2.1+
  • price: free

Features

• slick graphics,
  • nice physics,
  • LCD display that shows numeric angle with or without decimals,
  • ease of use (tips are shown on LCD),
  • independent calibration for all four sides of the phone,
  • angle locking with gesture or click,
  • fullscreen mode,
  • orientation locking (landscape, portrait on every device and reversed landscape, reversed portrait on 2.3+)
  • sound effects - 0° angle notification with gentle beep,
  • ads that can be disabled (you choose if you wan’t to support us),
  • installation on SD

Screenshots

SC20110817-103837.png

SC20110817-103656.png

Links

Click to open app in Android Market

Click to open app in SlideME Market

Click to open app in AppBrain Market

Click to download manually from our website - version 1.0.6 (please report any problems with market downloads - app should be compatible with every device that has Android Market access)

Android Market QR Code
img.php

Thanks!

Last edited:

TheDrizzle89

Sep 21, 2010
Looks and works great

I've only played with it for a couple of minutes but it seems to work good. I absolutely LOVE the polished UI. My only problem is that I don't really use a level :(
Still, great job.

Altimas

Sep 2, 2010
Calgary
This is the nicest "spirit" level I've seen. I'm sure its not the easiest decision, bu you get a lot of credit for making ads and anonymous data configurable. I hope you go on to build a whole suite of apps!

bradleyG

Jun 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Great looking app, I am excited to see more people start making high quality UI for android apps because that is one of the things I dislike the most about android is the lack of polished apps. However, I love android still. But keep up the good work :D

lzzhang10

Aug 24, 2010
Very nice, Altho ppl rarely download something like a level as a single app though.
Things like this should be combined with other utility apps to have a good selling point.
Good trial tho.

ericcarboni

Feb 27, 2011
I love that you've given the ability to change every setting imaginable. (full screen, orientation changes, keep screen on, etc.) I feel that most apps need, although lack, most of the options you've provided. And of course, amazing UI. Great job. 5 stars

Osni~*

Dec 15, 2010
São Paulo
Thanks gogoad, this is an awesome app, keep up the excellent work!

One thing I really like about Bubble Level (by BRL Technologies) is that it displays 2 levels (2 axis) at the same time, and this is very useful (to me, at least).

Vilcek

Aug 8, 2007
Bratislava
not possible to download

Hi,

would love to use it but the market says: This app is incompatible with your HTC HD2. Running andorid 2.3.3.

Some solution?

thx

telenut

Feb 18, 2009
install market enabler and download it from the market on your phone. Works for me (and I also have a HTC HD2 with android)

gogoad

Jun 18, 2008
Warsaw
Thank you!

Thank you for all your positive comments!

Now I will discuss comments witch needs explanation or further investigation. Forgive me not answering all your heart warming, positive comments directly. :)

3MB too large for too small app
We know that! ;-)
Probably there is a room for improvement using new market feature witch allows developers to distribute multiple apks (for example with different resources resolution) under one entry in market. I will investigate it in "near" future.
Oh, and as a last resort you have "Move to SD" option. :)

Things like this should be combined with other utility apps to have a good selling point.
Good trial tho.
I can't tell anything for sure yet, but seems that you (community) like PowerBubble so combining more tools into one package will be probably our next step.

One thing I really like about Bubble Level (by BRL Technologies) is that it displays 2 levels (2 axis) at the same time, and this is very useful (to me, at least).
Good point. Some people may find it useful. Will think about it. :)

Addressing market installation problems:

Doesn't let me install from the Market, says it's incompatible with my Galaxy Tab, but I bet it is.

Hi,

would love to use it but the market says: This app is incompatible with your HTC HD2. Running andorid 2.3.3.

Some solution?

thx

Great app, but I was unable to download from the market on my LG Revolution.

Sent from my LG Hobo 4G

I will try to investigate it. Can you tell me what ROMs are you exactly using? Seems to be a problem with "market manifest" (file which defines what devices are compatible).
For now I've changed main post and added link to apk. You can also use market enabler as telenut pointed out.

Thank you all once again. I will keep you updated with changes.

riskseeker

Feb 9, 2011
Excellent!

Easy to use, excellent graphics. And the *option* to configure without the need to do so. Providing the choice of supporting by ads or not, is also outstanding.

Even though I don't really need it, I'd also like to see a second level (axis).

BTW, I don't agree to package apps like this with others. I kind of prefer the unix style - choose the right tool for a job and not a collection of tools ;)

/Manfred
HTC Tattoo, CM7.1(RC); installed from market.

britoso

Jan 13, 2010
Orlando
Looks good but the market says its not compatible with my nexus one phone for some reason.
Probably a bug with the new market app.

This app is compatible with some of your devices.
Nookie
This item is not compatible with your device.
Nexy

Manual download worked fine.

Last edited:

Vilcek

Aug 8, 2007
Bratislava
Thank you for all your positive comments!

Now I will discuss comments witch needs explanation or further investigation. Forgive me not answering all your heart warming, positive comments directly. :)

We know that! ;-)
Probably there is a room for improvement using new market feature witch allows developers to distribute multiple apks (for example with different resources resolution) under one entry in market. I will investigate it in "near" future.
Oh, and as a last resort you have "Move to SD" option. :)

I can't tell anything for sure yet, but seems that you (community) like PowerBubble so combining more tools into one package will be probably our next step.

Good point. Some people may find it useful. Will think about it. :)

Addressing market installation problems:

I will try to investigate it. Can you tell me what ROMs are you exactly using? Seems to be a problem with "market manifest" (file which defines what devices are compatible).
For now I've changed main post and added link to apk. You can also use market enabler as telenut pointed out.

Thank you all once again. I will keep you updated with changes.

Hi there,

with market enabler it does not work. There is no button to donwload, install.

I am running on Hyperdroid V.12

Let me know please, because I had this issue with other applications also.

thx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello XDA,

Me and my friend are trying to change Android world. ;-)
    We have just finished making our first Android app - bubble level (know also as spirit level or just level).

We are learning - it is our first try in Android Market, but our motto is quality so it should be quite polished. What do you think? Both compliment and criticism will be very appreciated.

Oh... and almost forgot: if you like this app please rate us in market!

App has ads, but they can be switched off from settings menu! :)

News/updates ;-)

Description
    • name: PowerBubble
    • developer: Boy-Coy
    • required Android version: 2.1+
    • price: free

Features

• slick graphics,
    • nice physics,
    • LCD display that shows numeric angle with or without decimals,
    • ease of use (tips are shown on LCD),
    • independent calibration for all four sides of the phone,
    • angle locking with gesture or click,
    • fullscreen mode,
    • orientation locking (landscape, portrait on every device and reversed landscape, reversed portrait on 2.3+)
    • sound effects - 0° angle notification with gentle beep,
    • ads that can be disabled (you choose if you wan’t to support us),
    • installation on SD

Screenshots

SC20110817-103837.png

SC20110817-103656.png

Links

Click to open app in Android Market

Click to open app in SlideME Market

Click to open app in AppBrain Market

Click to download manually from our website - version 1.0.6 (please report any problems with market downloads - app should be compatible with every device that has Android Market access)

Android Market QR Code
    img.php

Thanks!