1600mah Andida Battery For Motorola BP6X - Milestone 2

Search This thread

djlooka

Sep 15, 2011
desperatenerd.wordpress.com
I got my backup batteries stolen on the subway in London, so I had to buy them again (now I'm stuck with the original BP6X).

In case someone is still interested, I found that it's now much more convenient to buy (on the well known bidding site) 2x OEM BP7X and a bigger back cover than one BP7X and the cover altogether!

porcupineli

May 23, 2011
I really don't trust on "higher batteries".
Battery is a thing that, if anything gets wrong, your phone could be damaged.

I agree with damaging your phone, but if you choose a good trustworthy manufacturer and stop hunting ebay for cheaper deals, then you have nothing to worry about. On the contrary well selected extended battery increases overall performance and with average use (mails, photos, twitter, blabla) your phone wont need any recharge for at least several days and in many cases its quite useful, depending on the lifestyle:cool:
amongst manufacturers with good reviews there is Mugen for example, those dudes even built a strong fan community, users satisfied, no phones damaged, i even read somewhere they have the lowest returned marchandise rate amongst aftermarket batteries, whatever it means...
So dont worry about higher batteries, go for it guys, just buy from official sources for warranty, then its all dandy.

kevbuk

Apr 19, 2012
Anyone tried the Mugen 1700Mah battery yet?

Tempting, if a little expensive. I know Mugen are generally well trusted.

dat00

Oct 21, 2013
building tonclt

Milestone 2 works well only with original battery bp6x and bp7x, probably because of an embedded control chip

You can charge your non-original battery with a external dock, there's nothing else you can do

I bought a Chinese batareki three dollars. They worked fine, but their capacity is not 1400. 600-700 - I would believe

Jan 23, 2016
It is well known (at least in the german speaking board I am mostly active on) that the Milestone 2 only accepts Original BP6X (maybe BP7X? never heard of them) Batterys.
As patton82 wrote, you can charge it externally and use it, thou you won't see how much percent you have left nor charge it inside the MS2, so at best it is a "emergency battery" to carry with you charged.
There are problems even with "original" BP6X due to a lot of illegal copys of them which look legit at first (differences are quite small) and some online-shops sell them even without knowing they are not original ones.
Regards,
sceada

Fyi, Motorola BP-7X (1,820mAh) is the higher capacity version of BP-6X (1,390mAh) for Droid 2 phones (and by extension Milestone 2), although the BP-7X is probably available only in USA/Canada regions (haven't seen Motorola or its suppliers made this higher-capacity battery available beyond these places) with the rest using only BP-6X, and nowadays is quite hard to get a replacement (in the event of battery failure due to wear and tear) for that as they are currently "officially" out-of-production.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I really don't trust on "higher batteries".
    Battery is a thing that, if anything gets wrong, your phone could be damaged.

I agree with damaging your phone, but if you choose a good trustworthy manufacturer and stop hunting ebay for cheaper deals, then you have nothing to worry about. On the contrary well selected extended battery increases overall performance and with average use (mails, photos, twitter, blabla) your phone wont need any recharge for at least several days and in many cases its quite useful, depending on the lifestyle:cool:
    amongst manufacturers with good reviews there is Mugen for example, those dudes even built a strong fan community, users satisfied, no phones damaged, i even read somewhere they have the lowest returned marchandise rate amongst aftermarket batteries, whatever it means...
    So dont worry about higher batteries, go for it guys, just buy from official sources for warranty, then its all dandy.