GingerDX Bugs List & Solutions

Search This thread

lucastan96

Dec 9, 2011
Malacca
I can only reproduce the bug with the Stock, as in GDX Stock, Camera app.

Barcode Scanner and lgCamera never run into the "Black Screen" problem.

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

A long time ago I had that problem on the Stock ROM - screen suddenly turned on out of nowhere and turned off again - in a ~20/30 minute cycle.

Never tried to resolve that particular problem as I flashed to FroyoBread shortly thereafter which resolved the issue - and I NEVER saw it ever again in ANY version of GDX, so this can't be a GingerDX related bug. I'd rather suspect a app to cause this "malfunction".

Thanks for the long post... I will add the camera solution later...

Hit the THANKS button to support me!

This mail was delivered to you using Tapatalk!!

lucastan96

Dec 9, 2011
Malacca
Updated Guide (20/2/12)

- Added camera solution! :D
Thaksks B.Jay!

Hit the THANKS button to support me!

This mail was delivered to you using Tapatalk!!

kaupov

Mar 18, 2011
Random reboots are most probaly caused by Facebook app. After uninstall no reboots encountered. The last update was anyway buggy.

Sent from my X8 using Tapatalk

lucastan96

Dec 9, 2011
Malacca
Random reboots are most probaly caused by Facebook app. After uninstall no reboots encountered. The last update was anyway buggy.

Sent from my X8 using Tapatalk

Hmm... I hace newest version of Facebook installed for almost 2 weeks, but I didnt experience any reboots...

Hit the THANKS button to support me!!

This mail was delivered to you using XDA Premium!

lucastan96

Dec 9, 2011
Malacca
Updated Guide (5/3/12)

- Added notice: Sorry guys, but Icant support you guys with bugs testing anymore... read main post!

Hit The THANKS Button If I
Helped!

This Mail Was Sent To You Using XDA Premium!!

rafazildo

Mar 3, 2012
João Pessoa
Keyboard stuck at HTC's

So, I installed GingerDX v022 with dx-v004 kernel yesterday and I accidentally switched from android keyboard to HTC, and I'm not able to change it back.

I even recovered stock keyboard with titanium backup, so there are 3 kbs listed in the configurations, but I can't change it... =[

Anybody have same problem?

thanks in advance

lucastan96

Dec 9, 2011
Malacca
Long press anywhere that is writable, click input method, and click Android keyboard...

Hit The THANKS Button If I
Helped!

This Mail Was Sent To You Using XDA Premium!!

Reactions: rafazildo

signashoes007

Oct 14, 2011
hey, i've recently used Paper Camera for taking pictures, but still, camera bug existed..i've already uninstalled it since i don't use it that often..so i'm stucked with the default camera app..

any compatible camera apps you could highly recommend for v22?

anyways,i've been using gingerdx for the past 5months, and i'm so thankful for those who continued doixanh's work.

can't wait for version23! cheers! ^_^

-gab-
earth android

Raz9

Feb 4, 2012
Root Browser sometimes hangs or force close
solution: I think wait for new version of the program or use rootexplorer

This problem is not the GingerDX v23 fault I think but Root Browser is in the ROM so the problem is fit here to this topic. :)

Reactions: lucastan96
B

B.Jay

Problem: WiFi does not connect on GDX v023 with Alfs v08
Solution: Flash back to the original wpa_supplicant (you lose the EduRoam fix)

Problem: WiFi still does not connect on GDX v023/Alfs v08 with original wpa_supplicant
Solution: Flash back to Alfs v07

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Problem: Reboot to ClockworkMod from Power Menu does not work on Stock Kernel
Solution: <none>

Under investigation and slated for fixing in v024

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOW LESS LIKE BUGS REPORTS! MORE LIKE A FAQ!!
    Can you believe that?
    That's just prove how bugless this ROM can be...

This successful thread is showing all the bugs that appeared in GingerDX.

I want to say thank you to Master Doixanh for this great ROM!! But now, Doixanh is working on IScreamDX, so this ROM is now under new management...

So, let's open our hands, and welcome Team Fun!!
    Thanks for carrying on support of this ROM!! You guys ROCK!

WHY MUST YOU USE THIS ROM??
    - Super clean ROM!!
    - Frequent updates!
    - Most of the bugs in this ROM are just minor bugs.
    - This is confirmed as the most feature-complete and popular Gingerbread ROM ever for X8/W8!!
    - Antutu Benchmark Score: 1860 or UP
    - Perfect for people with locked bootloaders and for users using Alfs & LinuxDX kernels & *NEW* nAa kernel too!
    - So, are you interested? I bet you are... try out now!!
    OFFICIAL THREAD

MY GOAL!! (READ BEFORE SCROLLING DOWN)
    Before you continue into the next part, please READ HERE!

Of course, my goal is to provide help to people who are having problems with bugs and installation. If you reading this now, please remember this FOREVER:

- Ask your questions here, rather than spamming the GDX thread!! I really pity B.Jay & Eagleeyetom for reading stupid posts...

BUGS LIST & SOLUTIONS...
    (X) means confirmed.
    (?) means not confirmed.
    :: v029 Bugs ::

- Transparent Status Bar (X)
    Solution: Don't set transparent status bar in Settings
    OR
    Use a compatible theme and launcher.

- Phone Crashes When Received a Call while using an app that requires more memory resulting in unable to answer the call. Some people also experience lags when received a call. (X)
    Solution: Disable Call Me Louder in GingerDX settings.

- FM Radio is buggy, like the speaker and headphones bug. (X)
    Solution: B.Jay had informed he won't be fixing this bug. So, try using a internet radio app. Search it on Play Store. Or, try replacing the Radio.apk with radios from other ROMs.

- Phone suddenly reboot (X)
    Solution: Probably on low memory.
    Too many big apps installed. Uninstall useless ones. Using Alfs may reduce this problem.

- CPU Frequency Settings in Cyanogenmod Settings Is Not Working. (X)
    Solution: Use SetCPU to set frequencies
    OR
    Install a custom kernel.

- Stock camera have zoom settings, but it is not working. (X)
    Solution: Our phone don't support zooming. If you really want to zoom, use Camera ZOOM FX or some other apps with this feature.

- Wifi can't connect. It keeps on saying "Connecting" forever. (X)
    Solution: Delete all your saved networks and try again.

- Busybox on stock kernel cannot be updated successfully without a soft brick on all Froyo & Gingerbread ROMs. (X)
    Solution: Just don't do it. But, if you can install custom kernels, flash Alfs kernel and the addons.

- LED light does not work when the battery is less than 10%. (X)
    Solution: Try installing Alfs CM7 v09a.

- Ultra-brightness does not work after rebooting, you have to uncheck and recheck the setting again to make it work. (X)
    Solution: Same llike the solution above. Install Alfs CM7 v09a.

- LED notification settings does not appear in CM Settings. (X)
    Solution: At the homescreen, add a shortcut, click Cyanogenmod Settings, then click LED Notifications Settings.

- Brightness settings don't work. (X)
    Solution: Make sure you installed Alfs v08a, or you can try deleting lights.shakira.so from system/libs/hw using a file manager.

- Provider text on status bar gets truncated when notifications go longer. (X)
    Solution: None, Achep is looking into this and might be fixed soon.

Notice:

1. 50% of the bugs can be fixed by installing a custom kernel. 80% of the bugs are not real bugs, I only list them down because "someone" considers it as bugs.

2. Please don't blame me for not listing any bugs here. Please report and confirm bugs here. Bear it in mind, you are not helping me, you are helping everyone that have a X8/W8 and using GingerDX!

3. No spam please! This thread is only for reference, I'm not asking the devs to fix anything at all.

4. GingerDX... really the best Gingerbread ROM ever... Cheers! Please subscribe for future updates.

5. Hit the THANKS button to support me!! :D
    Yes. There must be the conflict with AChep's mod. It will be fixed in next release.
    This topic should be closed.

Why? Are you dev? Shut up and wait for Doixanh - he definitely knows what he should fix.

And be patient!

Wtf man, what is this rage all about? Afaik this thread is just for listing bugs.. Why are you telling him to be patiente? He's not asking for fixes, he's not asking anything other than what bugs other users experience and listing them.
    Geez, you think you are making some good treating him like one of the trolls that got the devs out, but this thred has nothing to do with it.
    He even asks for no spamm and BAAM, you post unrelated things. And here i am, doing the same..

Sent from my bathroom using the toilet
    I have a weird bug regarding date on status bar. It just didnt change from yesterday. All others apps changed date to current and status bar showing date from yesterday. Is someone having similar problem?

sorry, my mistake... *fixing* ;)

updated: fixed ^^
    well i just installed v28 day before yesterday and now m seeing v28b being updated on 23rd so can i know is der any big change or i can use the installed version....??
    You had the time to post this and not the time to read/search. Oh well.

Changelog:
    Code:
    - Updated SuperSU to 0.92
        - Fixed SMS/MMS Force Closing when "Pick-up-to-Call" is enabled
        - Fixed "Date in the statusbar is not being updated"
        - Fixed black block on the left when clock is being centered

I'd say flash v28b -- fixes (especially the status bar date) are important enough.