[Updated 26-Sep-2009] CRCs Release 13.5 - Stable Thread (Build 20270)

Search This thread

jws3

May 27, 2007
Allentown, PA
The attached picture provides some baseline battery information from my device. A correct 1% battery.dll algorithm should show my battery disconnected starting point as 98% charged based on a design fully charge voltage of 4.2v.

BTW, this is a short-term test to get a feeling for the capabiity of the battery. I plan to do a longer term discharge test.

I believe that all the battery charge status programs use battery.dll for their information. The only was to check the algorithm will be to get inside or find out by searching the basis for the calculations. That's my next step.

Back from the road trip. I let my device sit in standby (unconnected) for 47.5 hours and the indicated charge dropped from 95% to 67%. I also recharged the battery and used the device on the road (unconnected) for 31 hours and the indicated charge dropped from 95% to 31%. My normal telephone use is probably not excessive (made a few calls, checked email, etc.). I probably could have gone 36 hours before charging. One thing that I did note is that the battery charge decreased by about 3% whenever I made a call.

I collected % charge vs. voltage on both runs, and got a pretty good indication of what the algorithm in the battery.dll looks like (attached). What's interesting is the curve is an excellent fit to the data and it seems to indicate that the 95% might be an accurate indication of a fully charged battery.

BTW, a fully charged battery (100% indicated) connect to my computer shows 4.197v with a current of 106mA. This is pretty close to the design value of 4.2v. I think the immediate drop from 100% to 95% is just the charger being disconnected and the device load shifts to the battery, which causes a slight voltage drop.

The reason I went through this exercise was reading comments in this and other forums about the CRC ROM or the 1.54.30.10 radio causing a battery drain.

Last edited:

veyka

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2007
Norfolk
www.veyka.co.uk

petesfer

May 17, 2006
Does any one seem to have a problem receiving files to ur phone from another phone. on this firmware . Im not able to receive files ..... sending works fine . its just receiving from one say a nokia or a se is where the problem is

zocster

Apr 21, 2008
Christchurch
andyghozali.info
Does any one seem to have a problem receiving files to ur phone from another phone. on this firmware . Im not able to receive files ..... sending works fine . its just receiving from one say a nokia or a se is where the problem is

You should learn by now if you want help you need to ask questions properly. How are you trying to receive files? Bluetooth? or MMS or email?? If BT you may want to try his 12.1 version

omairjaved

Nov 1, 2007
help me plzzzzzzzzz.....

hello everyone, i just got a dopod 838pro n upgraded it 2 many wm6 n 6.1 roms including the official rom n the cooked roms of schap's
faria, pdaviet etc.the problem im facing is that aftr i load the rom n start using my phone it gets stuck aftr sometime
this happens with all the wm6 n 6.1 roms i used.i have to perform a soft reset n then again it gets stuck aftr some usage,i also tried
hard resetting but the same problem persists.i then downgraded my phone to the old wm5 rom n it seems to work fine, guys i really
like wm6.1 plz help me with this problem.phone details r

device : dopod 838pro
current rom: 1.23.707.4
rom date: 07-21-06
radio: 1.41.00.10
protocol: 32.74.7020.18H
hard spl 2.10
ipl 1.04

zocster

Apr 21, 2008
Christchurch
andyghozali.info
hello everyone, i just got a dopod 838pro n upgraded it 2 many wm6 n 6.1 roms including the official rom n the cooked roms of schap's
faria, pdaviet etc.the problem im facing is that aftr i load the rom n start using my phone it gets stuck aftr sometime
this happens with all the wm6 n 6.1 roms i used.i have to perform a soft reset n then again it gets stuck aftr some usage,i also tried

There are issues with big storage roms, I find CRC's real stable, so is pay's ... so go try his 12.1 version.

hardcore

Sep 12, 2006
Just started to experience this strange problem (maybe not). I've been running CRCs 11.0 for quite a while now (since it came out).

Yesterday, all of a sudden my phone started keylocking itself automatically after it resumes from Standby! If I press the power button to put it into standby, and press the power button again to turn it back on, the device is keylocked.

This never happened before, and I didnt change anything in the settings! Its cool that the keylock activates automatically, but I prefer it not to. Anybody have any idea where I can configure this?

UPDATE: I found the answer! Nothing to do with the ROM. I was using BatteryStatus, and the auto keylock feature somehow got activated while the phone was in my pocket. And one of my calendar items got deleted as well. Maybe the keylock feature is useful afterall...

Last edited:

jws3

May 27, 2007
Allentown, PA
UPDATE: I found the answer! Nothing to do with the ROM. I was using BatteryStatus, and the auto keylock feature somehow got activated while the phone was in my pocket. And one of my calendar items got deleted as well. Maybe the keylock feature is useful afterall...

I used to have the same problem before I started to use the lock feature. I would drop my device into the holster or into my backpack. After a couple of hours, I would check my phone and find all sorts of programs running. It's more than easy to accidentally press the buttons.

CRCinAU

Oct 29, 2007
Melbourne
www.crc.id.au
Release 11.1 now available.

Changes:
Release 11.1 (14 Jul 2008):
* Renumbered from Release 12.1.
* Removed useless Zip Viewer from Office CAB
* Updated Modaco NoData
* Defaulted OBEX transfers to ON (previously this was OFF)
* Removed Bluetooth FTP Client (Who really uses this? )
* Repack Office 2007 to hopefully fix some issues.
* Reduce X-Button auto-close threshold to 2Mb free RAM (Thanks hardcore)
* Revert to older Bluetooth stack for testing.
* A little tribute.

raburton

Feb 16, 2008
Can anyone give my any idea why ScummVM won't run on 11.0 (gives "scummvm is not a valid pocket pc application" error). It runs fine on the WM 6.0 emulator (I didn't test it on my device pre-6.1) but I'm sure anything that ran on 6.0 should still work on 6.1.

http://www.scummvm.org/downloads.php "Windows CE ARM package"

jfrm

Feb 1, 2006
Marbella
hard resetting but the same problem persists.i then downgraded my phone to the old wm5 rom n it seems to work fine, guys i really
like wm6.1 plz help me with this problem.phone details r

device : dopod 838pro
current rom: 1.23.707.4
rom date: 07-21-06
radio: 1.41.00.10
protocol: 32.74.7020.18H
hard spl 2.10
ipl 1.04

I have the same problem, and I think it is related to Extended Rom supression.

The bad part of the problem is that after going back to a Wm6.0 without big storage the problem still there and from time to time the Extended Rom contents dissapeared leaving just a Filestobedeleted with garbage inside...

jez83uk

Nov 12, 2006
Chelmsford
Can anyone give my any idea why ScummVM won't run on 11.0 (gives "scummvm is not a valid pocket pc application" error). It runs fine on the WM 6.0 emulator (I didn't test it on my device pre-6.1) but I'm sure anything that ran on 6.0 should still work on 6.1.

http://www.scummvm.org/downloads.php "Windows CE ARM package"

Runs fine on my CRCs11.0. Must be something else you have installed.

Dillsnik

Nov 29, 2006
Changes:
* Reduce X-Button auto-close threshold to 2Mb free RAM (Thanks hardcore)

Is this what is forcing programs closed? I run a bunch of memory heavy apps and frequently come back from viewing a message to find that either PIE or my GPS has been closed for me and needs to start over again...so annoying, this would be great if it helps that! :)

chasmanian

Jun 19, 2007
tried pocketscummvm. i'm not having any issues with 11.1. flashed the htc rom, then 11.1. all good so far.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Release 13.5 now available.

Hi guys,

Release 13.5 (26 Sep 2009):
    * Fixed GPS intermediate driver for Windows Managed External GPS units (Start -> Settings -> Connections -> External GPS)
    * Fixed random silences of notifications etc.

Enjoy! :)