Running it on MA7 stock rooted deodexed . . . Beautifully

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk HD
e3upyve3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: t4d73

t4d73

Sep 28, 2011
Re: [Kernel][Jan 31] Perseus

So it would probably be fine on the odexed stock rooted right? Ups updated a little while ago and I should have this device tomorrow. Can't freaking wait! It's gonna such a step up from the epic touch. Probably gonna install the stock rooted rom from sextape and then this.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

fryingpan0613

Jul 18, 2010
Central Florida
Google Pixel 6

So it would probably be fine on the odexed stock rooted right? Ups updated a little while ago and I should have this device tomorrow. Can't freaking wait! It's gonna such a step up from the epic touch. Probably gonna install the stock rooted rom from sextape and then this.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

Ya you can run this with anything but the aosp type roms.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: t4d73

DoUevenRoot

Jan 4, 2013
Parts Unknown

I didn't mean to start a pissing match guys so I apologize for it. Just thought I read that and shame on me for stating it (though I did say "if" it was based on MA5).

Regardless 3 different roms have been less stable for me with 32.1 which I thought the dev/op might want to know along with anyone else who might be having issues and is running 32.1.

Yeah, not sure what happened there, but figured you should get a legit answer to a legit question. For reference 32.1 IS based on ma5

Sent from a computer masquerading as a phone

yellowman82

Jun 12, 2011

Please cite exactly where AndreiLinux ever said such a thing.

I'm all ears.

Would be better if the OP would chime in so he can quit making a fool out himself as to he's not showing any facts or proof to where andreilinux says such thing.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

AndreiLux

Jul 9, 2011

Hello, this is OP chiming in.
Yeah, not sure what happened there, but figured you should get a legit answer to a legit question. For reference 32.1 IS based on ma5
You're an idiot. Several people corrected you and you're still trying to convey something completely false as a hard fact.

No, the kernel is not based on any firmware.

And for a bit of education: Complied kernels are based on source code. In the case of Samsung that may mean a specific firmware from which the source drop may have originated from. However for me and for this kernel that is false since I haven't used a pure source drop in 4+ months, and the current kernel is a conglomeration of S3, N2 and Note 10.1 sources.

And, as somebody else mentioned already, Samsung kernels are ROM agnostic. Unless there are big changes in the kernel APIs, which happen once in a while on major versions of Android and ROM build. And this also answers people's question "will this run on XXYZ?", yes it will. (Except AOSP)

Last edited:

oxmis

May 5, 2009
LG V60 ThinQ

Hello, this is OP chiming in.You're an idiot. Several people corrected you and you're still trying to convey something completely false as a hard fact.

And for a bit of education: Complied kernels are based on source code. In the case of Samsung that may mean a specific firmware from which the source drop may have originated from. However for me and for this kernel that is false since I haven't used a pure source drop in 4+ months, and the current kernel is a conglomeration of S3, N2 and Note 10.1 sources.

And, as somebody else mentioned already, Samsung kernels are ROM agnostic. Unless there are big changes in the kernel APIs, which happen once in a while on major versions of Android and ROM build. And this also answers people's question "will this run on XXYZ?", yes it will. (Except AOSP)

Damn that just happened.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using JellyBombed Tapatalk 2

t4d73

Sep 28, 2011

Lol good job man! Unbelievable!
uploadfromtaptalk1361538205705.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: guisar

t4d73

Sep 28, 2011
Re: [Kernel][Feb 26] Perseus

Thanks for the update.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a direct port of my kernel on the international I9300 Galaxy S3 and sidekick to the international N7100/5 Note 2 kernels.

Recap of features:
    • CPU overclocking up to 1.8GHz and undervolting from 600mV to 1400mV.
    • GPU overclocking and undervolting.
    • GPU scaling reworked.
    • Screen sharpness and colour modifications.
    • Extended Pegasusq and improved Performance governors.
    • Removed Touch Booster and replaced with custom Flexrate mechanic.
    • Improved scheduler power management for improved idle residencies on auxiliary CPUs.
    • USB charging rate limit increased to 900mA.
    • Application for control of various settings.

This is supposed to be merely a proxy thread. Please refer to the N7100/5 thread for full changelogs, explanations, bug-reports and other issues. Kernel for specific device versions will be posted here.

This kernel is for the North American Sprint variant SPH-L900. Versions for other variants are found in their respective forums.

Hello, this is OP chiming in.
    You're an idiot. Several people corrected you and you're still trying to convey something completely false as a hard fact.

Thanks for your work on this and allowing me to test! We really appreciate it! And this kernel runs really well!!
    Thread cleaned
    We all need to respect the developer and his wishes
    Please make all posts respectful and on-topic
    Thank you for your cooperation
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
    Updated. Please read the changelog in the main thread.