LG G2 Cannot connect to camera

Search This thread

MrCambo87

Sep 7, 2010
Had this phone for about 1 week now. Everything been fine until today. I tried to take a few pictures, but I couldn't. Received an a pop up with "Cannot connect to camera" I'm not sure what's causing this issue, I cleared the data/cache on it and still occurs. Is there any solution to this issue?
Thank you.

zg85

Apr 25, 2013
I have exactly the same situation.. But it's weird - ported LGCamera works without errors, other apps (market or aosp based) throw error. Sometime clear app data help, but only sometimes..
It could be hardware problem?

zg85

Apr 25, 2013
I've had this happen when I was on an older CM11 nightly.I did have to preform a clean install to fix the problem.

18/03? It didn't helped.. I was testing old and newest ROMs - same situation :( I think it could be some hardware problem - currently I have version from Singapore build at 02/2014 ;)

EDIT#1
Weird.. I will go back to stock - test, then install custom ROM.. Something go wrong - when I'm using ported LGCamera.apk in CM/Slim/PA it's working, other camera apps - don't..

Last edited:

MrCambo87

Sep 7, 2010
I guess I found out the issue of why it was being caused. I also have a Nexus 5 and both had the APP Flashlight by Go Launcher. Seems to me when I downloaded and used it couple of times it caused my camera not to work on both phone. Uninstalled it and now it's working fine with now issues. I'm not sure if you guys also have a flashlight app, but maybe you can give it a try.

Reactions: Blazed-kitty

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
I got a replacement g2 from my insuarance and from the box mine done the same thing i tried every app i could find one day i flashed a diffrent rom and was bored. Clicked on my cam and it worked went back to my stock backup for my updatez and it wouldnt connect found out its was a software isse broken software from the factory i put a new stock rooted rom on and good as new. Mine was down. For about a month whrn i notticex what was wrong i thouvht i had a hardware failure but it wasnt there is always a chance of a bad cam but also some app like certain flashlights do take over your hardware if uve rooted and the phone is new goback stock unroot and have swapped

zg85

Apr 25, 2013
I'm on stock KK right now = 0 problems, so I think it's not hardware. LG camera and other apps always working fine.
Now I will go back to AOSP and test apps again :)

Bart8i

Jun 30, 2014
Here's a thought. After a new rom anybody feel there is a dial pad code to bridge the connection gap.

Oct 8, 2014
help, question

I got a replacement g2 from my insuarance and from the box mine done the same thing i tried every app i could find one day i flashed a diffrent rom and was bored. Clicked on my cam and it worked went back to my stock backup for my updatez and it wouldnt connect found out its was a software isse broken software from the factory i put a new stock rooted rom on and good as new. Mine was down. For about a month whrn i notticex what was wrong i thouvht i had a hardware failure but it wasnt there is always a chance of a bad cam but also some app like certain flashlights do take over your hardware if uve rooted and the phone is new goback stock unroot and have swapped

hardware if uve rooted and the phone is new goback stock unroot and have swapped[/QUOTE]

hey, i also got a replacement phone via assurant insurance. can u dumb it down, what exactly did you do to get the camera working back again?... ROM?... i dont really have any apps for the camera, only whatsapp...
ill be waiting for your answer, thanks

umair_hashmi

Nov 5, 2015
Lahore
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Camera not working

Having similar issue. Flashed a new bootstack and camera stopped working. Factory reset, fresh install tot, then kdz, then cloudy g3. Camera still force closes and other camera apps can't connect. I can take one picture after a fresh install (which I did three times flashing from tot...).

hi i have also the same problem.. have you any solution ??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I guess I found out the issue of why it was being caused. I also have a Nexus 5 and both had the APP Flashlight by Go Launcher. Seems to me when I downloaded and used it couple of times it caused my camera not to work on both phone. Uninstalled it and now it's working fine with now issues. I'm not sure if you guys also have a flashlight app, but maybe you can give it a try.