If i remove tha plastic protector[not about warranty]

Search This thread

omaro

Jul 12, 2010
Is the glass completely scratch ressistant? Is it pure glass or is it groilla glass?

I honestly dont understand why u wpuld remove it? Its like a perfectly fit protector u never bought :p

D

Deleted member 3493119

Hello Omaro,
Z1 Compact uses Dragontrail glass which is as strong as gorilla glass. The glas does however not come with a oleophobic coating

As an answer to your first question there's no glass which is 100% scratchproof. Minerals can scratch pretty much any types of glass, and by minerals I'm talking about sand, stones etc etc.

The reason why most people wants to remove the preinstalled antishatterfilm is due to that it collects dust, fingerprints and its very easy to scratch. It's not recommended to remove it if you're not planning to apply a oleophobic coating on top of the glass.

Hope my answer cleared any doubts,
DevStaff

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
The surface of the glass under the plastic film is not as smooth as other phone screens. I think this is because it is not intended to be used without a film above it.

I removed Sonys plastic film and added Orzly Tempered Glass Screen Protector (you can use any other tampered glass protector). nearly perfect for my and much more scratch resistant than with the plastic film.

D

Deleted member 3493119

The surface of the glass under the plastic film is not as smooth as other phone screens. I think this is because it is not intended to be used without a film above it.

I removed Sonys plastic film and added Orzly Tempered Glass Screen Protector (you can use any other tampered glass protector). nearly perfect for my and much more scratch resistant than with the plastic film.

The reason because it does not feel as smooth is because of that there's no olephobic coating on top of the glass. You need to apply one yourself using a liquid solution, and it'll feel like on any other phone.

omaro

Jul 12, 2010
thanks guys^

but does this olephobic coating u speak of wear off after time?

EDIT: btw I cant see any anti shatter film on the backside of my phone. Shouldnt there be on there as well?

ty in advance.

btw great phone.

Last edited:

patoberli

Dec 1, 2010
I don't have any screen protector and am very happy with that. No need to put some ugly stuff on the front glass.

omaro

Jul 12, 2010
nope. the z1c has a plastic black. no shatter-protection necessary, but causes the flashbleed problem. some people have replaced theirs with the glass back from the z1f, though.

but wont that cause som nasty scratches over time?

My s4 never got scratshes and i didnt use protecotrs. So a glass back would be a neat feature.

Schwinni

Feb 3, 2011
Sony Xperia Tablet Z
Xiaomi Mi 8
I don't have any screen protector and am very happy with that. No need to put some ugly stuff on the front glass.
Dito.

Regarding the plastic back cover:
but wont that cause som nasty scratches over time?
Yes, that will happen.

So a glass back would be a neat feature.
That's why many people (including me) replaced their back cover with the one made of glass from the Japanese Z1f:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2710603