Towelroot for xperia z1?

Search This thread

troby86

Sep 27, 2008
Texas
Worked for me on Z1S. I ran it AFTER the Jcase version, basically ran it on top, now I have write permissions in /system without running those commands.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Sharpless78

Jun 24, 2014

zxz0O0

Apr 18, 2011
Using my Z1, I get this output, so something is not working as it should.

Check your device and click "make it ra1n"
Waiting for towelroot to exploit...
-n .

Device rooted. Installing RIC kill script "$RICkill"...
/system/bin/sh: su: not found

Which version are you using? Try with v7.

t33kay

Jun 28, 2014
Using v7 I had the "su: not found" error with the Linux shell script. The windows .bat script did work, though.
Successfully rooted my D5503 with it.

SuperSU (2.0 from play store) didn't want to work initially (updating binaries failed), so I used this method: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53623838&postcount=13 (means: just ignore the error, and reboot) - and updated to 2.0 afterwards.

Palauv

Jun 25, 2014
Berhampore
Hey,just download z1lockeddualrecovery 2.127.8 and connect ur phone to pc(usb debugging on and adb drivers installed),now extract downloaded file anywhere and go there, u ll find .Bat file click it,then press 3,wait...in ur phone screen some numbers appear,click ok,then in ur phone towel root automatically appears,click make it rain,wait for phone booting,don't click anything before boot... U r done! BOTH DUALRECOVERY AND ROOT! Now flash supersu 2.00 zip via recovery...

Sent from my C6902 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Purplezigar

Jul 19, 2013
Worked for me on Z1S. I ran it AFTER the Jcase version, basically ran it on top, now I have write permissions in /system without running those commands.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Did you have any issues with the SU binary? I have run jcase twice now and done towelroot on top and without, and the SU binary keeps failing.

Top Liked Posts