Htc one regional settings

Search This thread

kovu666

Jan 3, 2011
Hello, guys I have experience with flashing android devices but with the new devices everything is more complicated. I bought a phone but is designed for ASIA region. I live in UK, in internal memory has some applications in chinese language and I decided to download european firmware. Here the problems come. First I need to change CID which required S-OFF. This took me a lot of time because I'm with 1.57 HBOOT. Root and custom rom as well. I also changed MID. I'm not sure why because nothing happend after this changes. I still can't install Stock European ROM. Sometimes, receiving error 155 or stuck at checking header (5 %). Is my goal possible at all ?

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Hello, guys I have experience with flashing android devices but with the new devices everything is more complicated. I bought a phone but is designed for ASIA region. I live in UK, in internal memory has some applications in chinese language and I decided to download european firmware. Here the problems come. First I need to change CID which required S-OFF. This took me a lot of time because I'm with 1.57 HBOOT. Root and custom rom as well. I also changed MID. I'm not sure why because nothing happend after this changes. I still can't install Stock European ROM. Sometimes, receiving error 155 or stuck at checking header (5 %). Is my goal possible at all ?

You may have to downgrade your hboot to flash a RUU.
What did you change your cid and mid too ? your best to look at @nkk71 superguide before going any further
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541082

kovu666

Jan 3, 2011
I succeeded, but I'm not very happy because can't update via OTA. May be because using European stock rom The installer said:
"We have determined that your phone may be running a modified version of its software. For your protection we cannot update your phone. Please revert your phone to official HTC system software to update your phone."

I tried manually from the recovery but got this error
assert failed file_getprop( /system/build.prop ro.build.fingerprint )

After so much effort I won't revert back to Asian stock rom. Do you have an idea how to skip verifying ? Or what else needs to be changed to make my phone as europen edition ?

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
I succeeded, but I'm not very happy because can't update via OTA. May be because using European stock rom The installer said:
"We have determined that your phone may be running a modified version of its software. For your protection we cannot update your phone. Please revert your phone to official HTC system software to update your phone."

I tried manually from the recovery but got this error
assert failed file_getprop( /system/build.prop ro.build.fingerprint )

After so much effort I won't revert back to Asian stock rom. Do you have an idea how to skip verifying ? Or what else needs to be changed to make my phone as europen edition ?
Please post a fastboot getvar all and remove the imei and serialno. That way we can see what is on your phone to direct you in the correct direction.

kovu666

Jan 3, 2011
I was with super CID later I made some changes.

INFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 1.44.0000
INFOversion-baseband: 4A.13.3231.27
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: None
INFOversion-main:
INFOversion-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
INFOserialno:
INFOimei:
INFOmeid: 00000000000000
INFOproduct: m7_ul
INFOplatform: HBOOT-8064
INFOmodelid: PN0710000
INFOcidnum: HTC__E11
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 3815mV
INFOpartition-layout: Generic
INFOsecurity: off
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
getvar:all FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
finished. total time: 0.071s

Attachments

• pic.png
    pic.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 7

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
I was with super CID later I made some changes.

INFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 1.44.0000
INFOversion-baseband: 4A.13.3231.27
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: None
INFOversion-main:
INFOversion-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
INFOserialno:
INFOimei:
INFOmeid: 00000000000000
INFOproduct: m7_ul
INFOplatform: HBOOT-8064
INFOmodelid: PN0710000
INFOcidnum: HTC__E11
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 3815mV
INFOpartition-layout: Generic
INFOsecurity: off
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
getvar:all FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
finished. total time: 0.071s

did you downgrade your hboot ?
what RUU did you use .. your mainver is missing

from the error you had it looks like you trying to flash an OTA and not a Full RUU

kovu666

Jan 3, 2011
Yes I did. From Hboot 1.57 to 1.44 in order to install RUU_M7_UL_JB_50_HTC_Europe_1.28.401.7_Radio_4A.13.3231.27_10.31.1131.05_release_310878_signed.exe

Now I just need to upgrade.

kovu666

Jan 3, 2011
Finally after three whole days I succeeded thanks to you and this thread
xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2305490

Now after many updates approximately 8 I'm using European Stock Rom with the latest update version 6.09.401.5 and can receiving future updates via OTA :D