[Q] HTC Desire 700-Camera Limitation to 3rd party camera apps

Search This thread

DroneJC

Apr 9, 2014
Hi All,

This is my first post.

I purchased HTC-Desire-700-709d - Asia India version. The phone is absolutely brilliant especially after price slash down from MSRP.:p

The stock camera is doing fine, except for too much of noise reduction leading to some smudgy edges.

So i tried third party apps on Play store. To my surprise, the apps are able to access only 4MP out ot 8MP.

When I checked through Hardware info's, they are also showing only 4MP.

Is this a problem with the apps in accessing full camera spec, or any problem with the device. The stock camera app is doing fine with 8MP shots.

Could you please provide me with a solution on how to unlock this.

Also, when I tried to adjust size of the picture, the app crashes. This happened with all available camera apps on store.

Looking for a solution form the members.

Cheers

DroneJC.

DroneJC

Apr 9, 2014
Any body please!!! Reply on this

Hi all

Please any developer, reply with a solution, if this has really 4MP camera, then i would rather fire HTC for cheating!!!

Hi All,

This is my first post.

I purchased HTC-Desire-700-709d - Asia India version. The phone is absolutely brilliant especially after price slash down from MSRP.:p

The stock camera is doing fine, except for too much of noise reduction leading to some smudgy edges.

So i tried third party apps on Play store. To my surprise, the apps are able to access only 4MP out ot 8MP.

When I checked through Hardware info's, they are also showing only 4MP.

Is this a problem with the apps in accessing full camera spec, or any problem with the device. The stock camera app is doing fine with 8MP shots.

Could you please provide me with a solution on how to unlock this.

Also, when I tried to adjust size of the picture, the app crashes. This happened with all available camera apps on store.

Looking for a solution form the members.

Cheers

DroneJC.