WiFi disconnects automatically

Search This thread

Taha Haq

Mar 7, 2013
karachi
Hello guys
I am having the issue that mostly wifi disconnects itself and then it connects after 10 or more seconds

.... Also my phone sometime freezes and after some seconds the screen turns black then I have to push the power button to switch it on ...

.I am on cm11 I tried different builds of cm11 but no luck ..... However I don't have any of these issues on stock ROM

Any idea how to solve this ?

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Flash back to stock ATT 4.1.1 ROM, take the OTA update, flash Philz Touch recovery, flash your favorite ROM.

The OTA updated my phone's modem version and wifi has been great ever since.

Reactions: Taha Haq

Taha Haq

Mar 7, 2013
karachi
Flash back to stock ATT 4.1.1 ROM, take the OTA update, flash Philz Touch recovery, flash your favorite ROM.

Well I already taken the ota update but it doesn't seem to fix the problem. I don't have a big deal with WiFi.
The big problem is that when phone freeze its very irritating....
Do you know any fix for this ?

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Well I already taken the ota update but it doesn't seem to fix the problem. I don't have a big deal with WiFi.
The big problem is that when phone freeze its very irritating....
Do you know any fix for this ?

Is your baseband mb886_bp_100740.071.65.04p?

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
For the freezing, try Validus which is an AOSP-based ROM. I use it on two AHDs and they are fine.

Try the modem from the Mexico Retail or Bell as they may work better for your phone.

As I mentioned before, I had wifi drops for no reason until I ran the OTA update. The baseband version did not change with the update but there were some updates to the modem files.

Taha Haq

Mar 7, 2013
karachi
For the freezing, try Validus which is an AOSP-based ROM. I use it on two AHDs and they are fine.

Try the modem from the Mexico Retail or Bell as they may work better for your phone.

As I mentioned before, I had wifi drops for no reason until I ran the OTA update. The baseband version did not change with the update but there were some updates to the modem files.

Yes I have taken the ota update but the WiFi problem is still .... However when I was at stock the WiFi was working fine

Now I have only option left is that flash the radio but how to do that can you please explain a bit more?

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Yes I have taken the ota update but the WiFi problem is still .... However when I was at stock the WiFi was working fine

Now I have only option left is that flash the radio but how to do that can you please explain a bit more?

ROMs are here: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=7

Download the Bell or ATT 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 ROM, use 7 zip to extract the file named NON-HLOS.bin file from the zipped ROM. Using a Windows machine,

1) install the adb/fastboot files to a single directory on my computer;
2) place the NON-HLOS.bin file in the adb/fastboot directory from step 1;
3) open a command prompt window as an administrator;
4) install the Motorola USB drivers and connect my booted phone with USB debugging enabled;
5) from the command line, type "adb reboot bootloader" and press the enter key to get my phone into AP Fastboot Flash mode;
6) from the command line, type "fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin" and press enter; and
7) reboot the phone and check to make sure the baseband is correct.

Taha Haq

Mar 7, 2013
karachi

Download the Bell or ATT 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 ROM, use 7 zip to extract the file named NON-HLOS.bin file from the zipped ROM. Using a Windows machine,

4) install the Motorola USB drivers and connect my booted phone with USB debugging enabled;
5) from the command line, type "adb reboot bootloader" and press the enter key to get my phone into AP Fastboot Flash mode;
6) from the command line, type "fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin" and press enter; and

Ok I will try and let you know thanks for the detailed guide

Taha Haq

Mar 7, 2013
karachi

I don't have access to p.c right now will get in a week or two ... So can I flash the modem through terminal emulator?

Taha Haq

Mar 7, 2013
karachi
Tried vanir ROM no freezing issue at all using it for more than a month ui is same as cm11.
Recommended for phones having freezing issue

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Tried vanir rom which is aosp-based ROM but get same freezing issue as cm11
    Any idea which ROM I should try next?

I use Validus and it has been fine for me.
    I Don't like the ui of validus rom ...... Any other ROM that you recommend which has ui similar to cyanogenmod 10 or 11?

You can use the Google launcher or Nova.