Wifi always on

Search This thread

ahmadzxc

Dec 18, 2010
Hello everyone i have a problem with the last update of Xperia z
Wifi always on even when i turn it off it still consume power like this picture
ypagaryp.jpg

The wifi if from 3 hours but in power management it seems on and eat the battery any ideas??

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Reactions: fernando823

St.Jimmy90

Jul 31, 2013
Frankfurt
ypagaryp.jpg

The wifi if from 3 hours but in power management it seems on and eat the battery any ideas??

Read the forum rules, DO NOT POST QUESTIONS IN THE GENERAL SECTION!
To your question: Do a factory reset and see if the problem remains

Kocane

Apr 29, 2012
Now, that is some crazy ass battery life, but, I wonder how long does the screen been turned on? Then I'll get a clearer understanding of it ,if you don't mind .

Must be something like 10-20 minutes, lol.

Regarding "always scanning", I dont think it's something that uses alot of battery. Probably even more battery friendly than other "location" services. Just because it labels WiFi as always on, doesnt mean it uses as much battery as actually being connected to a network. Personally, I don't care for all this location nonsense so it's obviously off. Regarding the location-based wifi, it's only smart if you don't know how to toggle WiFi when leaving your house, etc.

Last edited:

Onmehedson

Jan 4, 2013
Swansea
Now, that is some crazy ass battery life, but, I wonder how long does the screen been turned on? Then I'll get a clearer understanding of it ,if you don't mind .

No probs Bloodsucker !... Screen on 13% of 34 hours = 4.5 hours..This is my everyday day phone.I would consider myself to be a light-medium user , I dont play games used for voice calls ( 5-10 calls), text messages, used as a time piece (checked every 1/2 hour or so), 2 weather apps constantly updating as I move around a lot, GPS always on , bluetooth always on, maybe 1-3 youtube vids a day..screen turns of after 1 mins inactivity...

Running existenz 1.5.5 dark edition on a locked bootloader.. using Next launcher 3D and a live wallpaper...

hope that helps ..:)

Last edited:

Kocane

Apr 29, 2012
No probs Bloodsucker !... Screen on 13% of 34 hours = 4.5 hours..This is my everyday day phone.I would consider myself to be a light-medium user , I dont play games used for voice calls ( 5-10 calls), text messages, used as a time piece (checked every 1/2 hour or so), 2 weather apps constantly updating as I move around a lot, GPS always on , bluetooth always on, maybe 1-3 youtube vids a day..screen turns of after 1 mins inactivity...

Running existenz 1.5.5 dark edition on a locked bootloader.. using Next launcher 3D and a live wallpaper...

The phone maxes around 5-6, MAYBE 7 (I've never come near that though), hours of screen on time in total.

The 13% means that 13% of the battery used going from 100% to 72% was from the screen.

Tap "screen" in the list of battery usage and it will tell you how long it has been on.

This one's mine... ca. 70% brightness:
ce08xOD.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Onmehedson

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Go to Settings, Wifi, Advanced and deactivate the Scanning Always Available option

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk
    ypagaryp.jpg

Also try ...Settings..Power management and turn on Location-based WiFi ..

Good Luck !!

The phone maxes around 5-6, MAYBE 7 (I've never come near that though), hours of screen on time in total.

The 13% means that 13% of the battery used going from 100% to 72% was from the screen.

Tap "screen" in the list of battery usage and it will tell you how long it has been on.

This one's mine... ca. 70% brightness:
    ce08xOD.png