[Q] T-Mobile HTC M8 Data Connectivity Issues.

Search This thread
Jul 10, 2014
I noticed that I have to reset the phone allot. If I am in an area with no reception for a while then go back to an area with reception it wont automatically reconnect and the LTE stays off sometimes. I have to reboot the phone.

The same problem is with signal strength too, it will not reconnect automatically sometimes. My 4G LTE does this allot. It does become annoying. I am afraid to get another phone in fear it will be worse then this one. I already had to exchange my phone and am running out of exchange days. (14 day period)
My first M8 I got on June 30 was slow, incredibly laggy and very buggy to the point it was nearly unusable. That first M8 had a mind of it's own. Maybe it was the first gen, I do not know. This replacement phone has been good to me minus the fact it sometimes drops calls and gets SUPER warm RANDOMLY even when ALL the apps are closed. The new phone is MUCH faster with the same settings and runs much smoother.

These connection issues are bugging the hell out of me, my iPhone never had this problem and would always reconnect fast. I do not like the S5 and I like the HTC but I do wonder about it's quality control and the quality of the internal components inside.

I hope its not hardware. I hope an update fixes the issue I'm constantly restarting.

fredderf81

Feb 27, 2010
I noticed that I have to reset the phone allot. If I am in an area with no reception for a while then go back to an area with reception it wont automatically reconnect and the LTE stays off sometimes. I have to reboot the phone.

The same problem is with signal strength too, it will not reconnect automatically sometimes. My 4G LTE does this allot. It does become annoying. I am afraid to get another phone in fear it will be worse then this one. I already had to exchange my phone and am running out of exchange days. (14 day period)
My first M8 I got on June 30 was slow, incredibly laggy and very buggy to the point it was nearly unusable. That first M8 had a mind of it's own. Maybe it was the first gen, I do not know. This replacement phone has been good to me minus the fact it sometimes drops calls and gets SUPER warm RANDOMLY even when ALL the apps are closed. The new phone is MUCH faster with the same settings and runs much smoother.

These connection issues are bugging the hell out of me, my iPhone never had this problem and would always reconnect fast. I do not like the S5 and I like the HTC but I do wonder about it's quality control and the quality of the internal components inside.

I hope its not hardware. I hope an update fixes the issue I'm constantly restarting.

good day - i have not had any of these issues with the m8 at all. has been snappy since day one. i have had little to no connectivity issues either. i have gone from way out in the country back into coverage, 2g snaps on immediately, then 3g, then closer to the city, 4g. my wife and i have a family plan and both devices switch within seconds of each other. different phone, she has the g2 but zero connectivity issues there too. we are in northern IL / Chicago market so it might be different. might be a dud phone? i do not think it has to do with hardware quality though. i went from an htc incredible that i had to replace a speaker in after 10 months but had no other issues with, to an incredible 2 that i had 0 issues with, to a S3 that was awesome, to a note 3 that was great, to the m8 which has been wonderful. my wife went from a blackberry that was crazy solid, to a S4 that was total CRAP, to the G2 which is amazing. if you can i would try and get a new one?

g/l

Jul 10, 2014
good day - i have not had any of these issues with the m8 at all. has been snappy since day one. i have had little to no connectivity issues either. i have gone from way out in the country back into coverage, 2g snaps on immediately, then 3g, then closer to the city, 4g. my wife and i have a family plan and both devices switch within seconds of each other. different phone, she has the g2 but zero connectivity issues there too. we are in northern IL / Chicago market so it might be different. might be a dud phone? i do not think it has to do with hardware quality though. i went from an htc incredible that i had to replace a speaker in after 10 months but had no other issues with, to an incredible 2 that i had 0 issues with, to a S3 that was awesome, to a note 3 that was great, to the m8 which has been wonderful. my wife went from a blackberry that was crazy solid, to a S4 that was total CRAP, to the G2 which is amazing. if you can i would try and get a new one?

g/l

Hey, thank you for the response.
I went to T-Mobile today and they Factory Reset my phone.
I left to mobile and they told me to come back within 24 hours there is a failure
I ended up having a buggy phone with artifacts and flashes similar to an overclocked GPU. T-Mobile told me it might fix the phone.
Tomorrow, I am going back for my 2nd replacement. I like this phone, it works much better then my first phone but the connection problems are extreme and it starting to feel like faulty hardware. My first phone was full of lag, it was factory reset and lagged on the machine as well. The machine(a laptop) even had to be restarted.

littlegreenalien

Nov 21, 2013
Some guy had same issue and replacing sim card fix it. You should give it a try

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

phil.culler

Aug 7, 2011
I read (in the note 3 forums i think) that data dropouts were an inherent problem in android 4.4.2, and the code was fixed in version 4.4.3. Don't know if it applies to this phone as well, but if its an android system problem it could be.