Wireless charger charging slow

Search This thread

xda23

Sep 13, 2013
My wireless charger takes alot longer to charger my device than my plug in charger.this isnt right is it?both chargers should charge my device at the same rate right? Thanks In advance!!! :cool:

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

My wireless charger takes alot longer to charger my device than my plug in charger.this isnt right is it?both chargers should charge my device at the same rate right? Thanks In advance!!! :cool:

I've never owned a wireless charger. But from what I saw from looking in the forum for my nexus 5. They take much longer to charger. In fact it goes usb 3.0 (fastest now) at like 1 1/2 hours or so, then micro USB at like (3 hours), then wireless charging supposed to take double the time of micro USB. It more for over night use not a quick charge. Hope it helps

Reactions: xda23

xda23

Sep 13, 2013
I've never owned a wireless charger. But from what I saw from looking in the forum for my nexus 5. They take much longer to charger. In fact it goes usb 3.0 (fastest now) at like 1 1/2 hours or so, then micro USB at like (3 hours), then wireless charging supposed to take double the time of micro USB. It more for over night use not a quick charge. Hope it helps

Thanks bud much appreciated. :cool:

scorchedsky

Aug 28, 2012
With the included AC adapter, the S5 can charge at up to 2.1 amps or so. USB 3.0 maxes out at 1.0 amp, and wireless chargers are about 0.7 amp. The slowest is really USB 2.0, which is only like 0.45 amp.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: xda23

xda23

Sep 13, 2013
A good and essentially correct summary. But there are exceptions and cavets.

While most USB 2 ports are rated at ~ 0.5A it varies and newer notebooks in particular may have USB 2 ports capable of 1A +.

Most AC adapters (aka travel adapters ) are typically, either 0.7 or 1A. But a decent full size AC adapter will be ~ 2A.

Also note that the phone will limit it's current draw when using a standard data cable so as not to overtax an USB port. To maintain a maximal charging rate when connected to a high capacity USB 2 port or USB jack on an AC adapter, a "charging" or power cable should be used. A charging cable has the two data lines shorted, to let the phone know that you are (ostensibly) connected to a high current source, rather than a standard USB 2 port.

And wireless chargers vary substantially in maximum output current from ~ 0.3 to ~ 0.9A. Most are also sensitive to ideal positioning. A randomly placed phone may charge at a substantially reduced rate, due to the reduced coupling efficiency of a random orientation.

So if I plug my wireless charger into the white plug in adaptor that came on the charger that came with my Gs5 new that would give me maximum output voltage to my wireless charger?please correct me if Im wrong. Thanks In advance!!! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

With the included AC adapter, the S5 can charge at up to 2.1 amps or so. USB 3.0 maxes out at 1.0 amp, and wireless chargers are about 0.7 amp. The slowest is really USB 2.0, which is only like 0.45 amp.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app