Battery can not be fully charged - 8.4

Search This thread

debugger919

Dec 7, 2011
I left my 8.4 charged with the wall charger over night, in the morning I found it's only 94% full, this happened multiple times, and I also tried another wall charger it still happened. The battery chart shows it stopped at 94% (some times 95%) and never went up. Does anybody has the same problem? Is there anything wrong with the battery? BTW, the battery life is not good for me, screen on for only 5-6 hrs on about 30% brightness.

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
I left my 8.4 charged with the wall charger over night, in the morning I found it's only 94% full, this happened multiple times, and I also tried another wall charger it still happened. The battery chart shows it stopped at 94% (some times 95%) and never went up. Does anybody has the same problem? Is there anything wrong with the battery? BTW, the battery life is not good for me, screen on for only 5-6 hrs on about 30% brightness.

Stock rom?

anything running that could be consuming power?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

dansafe

Mar 11, 2006
Stock rom?

I have the same problem.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-07-08-54-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-07-08-54-46.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 569
  • Screenshot_2014-06-07-08-54-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-07-08-54-33.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 622

debugger919

Dec 7, 2011
Stock rom?

stock rom, not rooted. I doubt it's caused by any app, if in that case the battery should still be fully charged then go down, but it's not what I saw.

I have the same problem.

Yes that's exactly the same as mine. I contacted Samsung support and they suggested to do a factory reset to see if it's a problem about software, otherwise I'll need to file a service request.

laestrella

May 16, 2007
This happens all the time. If I reboot the tab will then show 100%.

laestrella

May 16, 2007
A restart used to fix my issue but now the tab will say it's 100% charged and then at some point drop 10 or even 40% randomly.

Something is definitely wrong with the battery on this thing.

debugger919

Dec 7, 2011
I found the problem has become worse and worse, sometimes it just stopped at 30~40%, then I said "f*** it", opened the back cover, pulled the battery out and put it back, reboot. Left it charged during the night. The next morning I found it charged to 100% !! Will post back if it really solved the issue after some more cycles.

storino03

Jun 23, 2007
I found the problem has become worse and worse, sometimes it just stopped at 30~40%, then I said "f*** it", opened the back cover, pulled the battery out and put it back, reboot. Left it charged during the night. The next morning I found it charged to 100% !! Will post back if it really solved the issue after some more cycles.

I simply let the battery drain to around 20% and then charged it fully. Ever since (1.5 months ago), it has been reporting accurate battery %.

Gunthermic

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 19, 2011
Mine works 100% perfect on ND3..

I have tried to make it do somthing weird..

I can't see anything in the ROM coding so far that would cause this..

fdc1994

Feb 6, 2014
Hi. I dont know if anyone is still on this post but i have this device and ive had this problem for the last year. It would get so bad with all the discharges that my battery died. I bought another battery and replaced it. I still got -300ma when connected to a 1A chaarger. So i replaced the flexi usb port membrane in hopes that would do it but i only got to 100mA. I bought a 2.4A charger and the tab doesnt even recognize the charger is in. Cant really turn it for service because I rooted it so my warranty is void. Any commentary and opinion would be greatly appreciated.:good: