Battery drain, Cell Standby

Search This thread

ullmapet

Apr 24, 2013
Hello, I have new LG P760. First thing, what I've done was update to Jelly Bean. But I experiences battery drain. Everytime, when I look at battery stats, there is Cell Standby on a first place and second or third is System Iddle. I've done hard reset and phone recovery in LG support tool. The problem is still here. Can it be hardware problem? Is there someone with experience like that? Sorry for my english

D

Deleted member 5118558

Exactly same for me. It happened after JB update. I found that device stays active even screen is locked when mobile data are on (battery stats app).
Conditions: factory reset after update, no additional apps installed
I hope just a bug and will be fixed soon.

gdjindal

Hello guys,

According to my experience, I think this is happening with you coz both of you flashed JB rom which is not for your country, there is no any solution to this problem until you got jb update for your own country.

I also faced same problem and got solved after update for my country (india).

Sent from my LG-P765 using xda premium

D

Deleted member 5118558

In my case it was automatic update and 20c I have is for Austria the latest version. Phone hasn't been rooted.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

gdjindal

rajput.vivek

Apr 26, 2013
Hello, I have new LG P760. First thing, what I've done was update to Jelly Bean. But I experiences battery drain. Everytime, when I look at battery stats, there is Cell Standby on a first place and second or third is System Iddle. I've done hard reset and phone recovery in LG support tool. The problem is still here. Can it be hardware problem? Is there someone with experience like that? Sorry for my english

Same problem i am facing and its very poor experience!!

aishwary55

Feb 1, 2013
pune
Same here ...
I think Mine condition is worse... I am on indian version of jelly bean. Battery stats shows 45 % cell standby and 45% phone idle....only 8%screen
Should i go to lg care

Sent from my LG-P765 using xda app-developers app

superbonto

Feb 14, 2012
Tangerang
Samsung Galaxy S7
LG G6
it seems like it is happening on all jellybean roms on all countries..
i also use official jb rom for my country (indonesia) and yes the cell standby and system idle totally drain my battery
well if this bothers you that much then maybe revert back to ICS is the best solution

steve1000

Apr 24, 2012
Gmunden
www.handyflsh.wg.vu
Its exactly the same problem for me too!
I'm using official JB update (austria) and for me its the same too!
This isn't a nice experience!

Sent from my LG-P760 using xda app-developers app

D

Deleted member 5163087

Yeah I've noticed a increase in battery drain on my P769 running V20D.

On ICS my battery would last 2 to 4 days on average, but on JB I can barely get 2 days :eek:

sherbibv

Sep 2, 2011
Brasov
Same here
I updated my phone via wi-fi with the official rom. And had the same problem. Battery drain. So i downgraded back to ics. I prefer battery life instead of project butter and google now.:good:

kuma82

Jan 19, 2012
Houston
Now I'm just guessing, but it could be the google now app. Try shutting it off or don't allow the google location stuff.

sherbibv

Sep 2, 2011
Brasov
Many were talking about the Google Now service which was a battery drainer. You should try and see the results. I also tried it,and the top 2 consumers were still Cell Standby and Phone Idle.

clockcycle

Dec 28, 2007
Miami, FL
Moto G Power (2021)

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

This is the same experience I'm having after the recent JB update on my P769. Battery life is now about half of what it was on ICS. Cell Standby at 35%, Phone idle 22%, Screen 20%, Wifi 11%..

Used to have plenty of juice mod/heavy use, was quite impressive. Now I have to carry a charger.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-28-15-09-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-04-28-15-09-14.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 314
  • Screenshot_2013-04-28-15-09-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-04-28-15-09-06.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 280
  • Screenshot_2013-04-28-15-09-50.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-04-28-15-09-50.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:

Newcron

Sep 13, 2010
I too experienced crazy battery drains after upgrading to JellyBean (OTA update, P769 T-Mobile prepaid, pure stock, not rooted). I tried turning off Google Now after reading this thread, but it didn't seem like it helped much.

Last night we decided that my wife is going to use the phone instead, so I factory reset the phone before I gave it to her so she can start over fresh with her google accounts, etc. She left home this morning with the phone fully charged, and when I came home from work in the evening I checked and she had more than 85% left! Granted she didn't use it much throughout the day as she still carries her old phone, but she did use the phone to make some phone calls/chat and take some pictures. Just as a comparison, the last time I had the phone with me before the factory reset, the phone was draining battery maybe about 15%/hour just sitting on my desk.

So, for those of you experiencing battery drains, maybe you can try doing a factory reset if you haven't. I realize this is not something most people want to do unless it's guaranteed it will fix the problem, but if it's as annoying as my experience, maybe it's worth to try.

alienngp

Oct 11, 2011
Laurel, MS
cell standby 75% Screen at 17% no idle details on Tmobile USA

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

update: the wifi radio is always on change the setting as of csrows thread it is always on even if you dont have it clicked it has improved my battery some but much more is needed on alot of things im working on things ill update you all when i figure some things out

D

Deleted member 5163087

Just for those who don't know where this setting is:

System Settings >> Wi-Fi >> Click Menu button >> Choose Advanced

Change "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" option to "only when plugged in" (or "never" if you want).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 5163087
    Just for those who don't know where this setting is:

System Settings >> Wi-Fi >> Click Menu button >> Choose Advanced

Change "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" option to "only when plugged in" (or "never" if you want).
    Hello guys,

According to my experience, I think this is happening with you coz both of you flashed JB rom which is not for your country, there is no any solution to this problem until you got jb update for your own country.

I also faced same problem and got solved after update for my country (india).

Sent from my LG-P765 using xda premium
    Hi i have same battery drain problem. What is flashed JB rom? i am from india also how to update flashed JB rom? Please reply ASP.
    Thanks

Hello Azarudeen,
    Welcome to XDA

Flashing JB rom means, Installing or updating Jelly Bean on your phone. To solve battery drainage update your phone's Software.