unable to mount usbstorage on recovery pls help

Search This thread

trezegol

Apr 11, 2008
need help from anyone pls for some reason after i install a rom my phone keeps looping. and sometimes will load to main screen but i get no signal and after a few mins phone starts looping... i can go to recoveryand flash any rom and i get e: unable to mount usbstorage... i used odin back to stock 3 times still same thing.. i did notice on settings baseband said unknown... will donate $50 if someone can help me fix it thanks

ttabbal

Jul 1, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
need help from anyone pls for some reason after i install a rom my phone keeps looping. and sometimes will load to main screen but i get no signal and after a few mins phone starts looping... i can go to recoveryand flash any rom and i get e: unable to mount usbstorage... i used odin back to stock 3 times still same thing.. i did notice on settings baseband said unknown... will donate $50 if someone can help me fix it thanks

That error isn't important, unless you're trying to load something from a device connected via OTG cable. It's just letting you know that it's not finding the OTG storage, so if you need it you know to look into that. Flash the latest TWRP from Odin. Boot to recovery and factory reset, no Odin doesn't wipe. Then flash stock with Odin. See if you can boot and sit without looping. Don't screw with it, just let it sit for a bit and settle. Just watch for 5min or so to see if it loops. It's probably bad data and factory reset will fix it. The stock flash it just to make sure you have a known good base. If it doesn't loop in 5min or so, it's probably fine. If it does, try getting a logcat. There's not much anyone can do to help without more information at that point.

No signal and baseband unknown could be a corrupted EFS. You DID back that up didn't you? Does the IEMI show in the settings? Try booting without a SIM. If that's the problem, it might help.

trezegol

Apr 11, 2008
That error isn't important, unless you're trying to load something from a device connected via OTG cable. It's just letting you know that it's not finding the OTG storage, so if you need it you know to look into that. Flash the latest TWRP from Odin. Boot to recovery and factory reset, no Odin doesn't wipe. Then flash stock with Odin. See if you can boot and sit without looping. Don't screw with it, just let it sit for a bit and settle. Just watch for 5min or so to see if it loops. It's probably bad data and factory reset will fix it. The stock flash it just to make sure you have a known good base. If it doesn't loop in 5min or so, it's probably fine. If it does, try getting a logcat. There's not much anyone can do to help without more information at that point.

No signal and baseband unknown could be a corrupted EFS. You DID back that up didn't you? Does the IEMI show in the settings? Try booting without a SIM. If that's the problem, it might help.

thanks for your help i did try factory wipe and then odin but no luck i do have a backup of my efs but dont know how to restore efs since i can go in to the phone only recovery mode would you be able to help me restore my efs ?

ttabbal

Jul 1, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
thanks for your help i did try factory wipe and then odin but no luck i do have a backup of my efs but dont know how to restore efs since i can go in to the phone only recovery mode would you be able to help me restore my efs ?

How did you back it up? TWRP should be able to restore it if you used that. If not, I would need to find the partition number and you would use dd to write it. I've never had to mess with it on the Note 3. What's the filename of your backup file? You might need to decompress it first.

Reactions: trezegol

trezegol

Apr 11, 2008
i used the efs backup tool posted somewhere here i also did a backup with a diferent tool the firstone gave me a efs.zip that contains a efs.raw.img and also a efs.tar files is that what i need ? i did the backup when everything was working normal

trezegol

Apr 11, 2008
ill try anything you can help with even if it doesnt work or ends up on a hard brick would you be able to help me via teamviewer?

chstewart

Mar 26, 2012
Lehi
i used the efs backup tool posted somewhere here i also did a backup with a diferent tool the firstone gave me a efs.zip that contains a efs.raw.img and also a efs.tar files is that what i need ? i did the backup when everything was working normal

Can you hook the phone up to kies and do a restore that way? Just give it your serial number and it does the rest. It will restore all partitions including your efs. Have restored a couple friends phones this way which appeared to be unrecoverable in one way or another....

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

Reactions: trezegol

trezegol

Apr 11, 2008
chstewart can you give me the steps you did to restore it via kies pls.....nevermind got it its installing rightnow ill let you know in a min

Last edited:

chstewart

Mar 26, 2012
Lehi
no luck still bootloops :(

I'm almost for a loss as my understanding when using kies it re writes all partitions of the phone. I've restored a couple phones that way for friends that were completely borked. 'Missing imei etc.'

It asked for the serial number and showed successful when done?

trezegol

Apr 11, 2008
I'm almost for a loss as my understanding when using kies it re writes all partitions of the phone. I've restored a couple phones that way for friends that were completely borked. 'Missing imei etc.'

It asked for the serial number and showed successful when done?

it did serial number and took about 25mins to download software and about 10 mins to finish reboot it it self when kies said it was done and nothing still bootloop

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

How did you back it up? TWRP should be able to restore it if you used that. If not, I would need to find the partition number and you would use dd to write it. I've never had to mess with it on the Note 3. What's the filename of your backup file? You might need to decompress it first.

Can you hook the phone up to kies and do a restore that way? Just give it your serial number and it does the rest. It will restore all partitions including your efs. Have restored a couple friends phones this way which appeared to be unrecoverable in one way or another....