Camera swap

Search This thread

ImSoBored

Jul 3, 2012
Hey all,

I've seen a lot of threads about changing the battery, but not about changing the camera. Would this even be possible? The G2 camera connector seems to be the same and in the same side, so, if we could fit it in the nexus 5, the only trouble would be the drivers right?

SamBG

Sep 29, 2012
Bangalore
I guess people who want to swap ol dis better go n buy the G2 and flash pure android into it...N5 is in itself is a very nice phone!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ickoicko

Oct 3, 2012
Pasig
Hey all,

I've seen a lot of threads about changing the battery, but not about changing the camera. Would this even be possible? The G2 camera connector seems to be the same and in the same side, so, if we could fit it in the nexus 5, the only trouble would be the drivers right?

Why not just buy the G2 and flash the 4.4.2 stock of N5 instead of trying to murder your N5, spare it some agony and just give it away and buy a G2.

ImSoBored

Jul 3, 2012
Why not just buy the G2 and flash the 4.4.2 stock of N5 instead of trying to murder your N5, spare it some agony and just give it away and buy a G2.

sure.. then why have roms like cyanogenmod if i can get an oppo with cyanogenmod stock? Why have better camera software mods if i can get an iPhone? Why have sound hardware mods if i can get an HTC One? Why swap batteries if I can get an Galaxy Note? and the list goes on and on... The Nexus is to play with it, develop and so on.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

ickoicko

Oct 3, 2012
Pasig
sure.. then why have roms like cyanogenmod if i can get an oppo with cyanogenmod stock? Why have better camera software mods if i can get an iPhone? Why have sound hardware mods if i can get an HTC One? Why swap batteries if I can get an Galaxy Note? and the list goes on and on... The Nexus is to play with it, develop and so on.

Why did you make this thread? Lol as root said there were several threads about this and it is not possible.

Petrovski80

Mar 21, 2011
Almelo

Nexus devices were/are meant for software development. Not hardware tweaking or modding.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts