[Q] Before I root my P6 how to keep the original restore?

Search This thread

Igano

Feb 15, 2014
Hey everyone! I got my P6 only yesterday and I am really pleased with it. It works like a charm and I can hardly find any reason to root it except for the most important of all to use CWM and Titanium Backup in order to import all my apps to it.

Before I root it I wanted to know how can I save the initial state of the phone WITH the original recovery, in case I ever need to return the phone for warranty issues. I know after rooting I can install CWM and backup but this doesn't backup the original restore and keeps CWM. I am asking before hand because I never managed to do it on my ZTE Skate after I rooted it. Unless of course it's very easy to do it after rooting (which wasn't the case with the Skate) and i don't need to worry about it.

ZuperStyler

Jan 29, 2014
LOL Only 2 things you find in favor,how about Greenify, bloatware,editing build.prop, FolderMount, etc ? :) Nevermind, yes you can save the initial state.

Last edited:

richish

Dec 22, 2011
LOL Only 2 things you find in favor,how about Greenify, bloatware,editing build.prop, FolderMount, etc ? :) Nevermind, yes you can save the initial state.

If u whant just root it u can root with metod what work on your device and if u whant to lose root just flash any avilable update from local update, u wil not lose any data just root and u will be back on stock recovery to.
But if u whant to try out any custom rom
Install TWRP
Then flash ROM what u whant
In XDA i can find stock P6 recovery and flash it from TWRP and then install any avilable update from stock recovery.

Sent from my P6-U00 using xda app-developers appa

Last edited:
Reactions: Igano

Igano

Feb 15, 2014
If u whant just root it u can root with metod what work on your device and if u whant to lose root just flash any avilable update from local update, u wil not lose any data just root and u will be back on stock recovery to.
Install TWRP
In XDA i can find stock P6 recovery and flash it from TWRP and then install any avilable update from stock recovery.

I rooted with the 3rd option and everything went smooth! Now I want to add the TWRP and I had a question that I can't post yet in the other forums as I am under 10 posts.

I tried using original recovery but I got error message.

In order to install TWRP I must be on 118CN which I have downloaded. How do I install 118CN before I proceed with installing TWRP?

Igano

Feb 15, 2014
After much trouble I managed to install CWM and took backup first of my current rom. Than I went to install the 118.zip but I got an error message (did factory reset first). I don't know what else to try unless some one who has done it tells me what is the way :(

Igano

Feb 15, 2014
Great! I found out in a totally different section of the forum the following:

HOW DO I...?
Get stock ROM:

Make sure you have stock Recovery not TWRP.
Place your stock version on your SDCard in 'dload' folder, make sure it's named UPDATE.APP
Turn off your device
Press and hold Volume - and +
Press Power but still hold Volume - and +
It will now install stock, and also reboot.

I try this and I get message that the phone is secureboot phone.
This phone is LOCK State.

lauwie007

Jan 22, 2014
Hey everyone! I got my P6 only yesterday and I am really pleased with it. It works like a charm and I can hardly find any reason to root it except for the most important of all to use CWM and Titanium Backup in order to import all my apps to it.

Before I root it I wanted to know how can I save the initial state of the phone WITH the original recovery, in case I ever need to return the phone for warranty issues. I know after rooting I can install CWM and backup but this doesn't backup the original restore and keeps CWM. I am asking before hand because I never managed to do it on my ZTE Skate after I rooted it. Unless of course it's very easy to do it after rooting (which wasn't the case with the Skate) and i don't need to worry about it.

To get back to your question: You don't need root for a good backup solution. You can use Helium backup for a complete backup of al your apps. I am rooted but I still prefer Helium above titanium backup.

-edit-
Didn't read all the replies. This is irrelevant now. :S

Last edited:

Igano

Feb 15, 2014
Yes I know about Helium but I prefer Titanium Backup.

As for my problem last night I found the fix and it was totally crazy!

I couldn't update to B125 (stock) with stock recovery with the same error messages like with CN118.

I tried one last thing before I called it a night and it worked! I copied the Dload folder with the update in both the internal storage and the SD card because as long as it was in the SD card you couldn't update. That is a crazy bug because even in the official Huawei guide it mentions copying the update in the SD. I finally solved this and now I can play around with other roms.

Igano

Feb 15, 2014
I can verify that when I tried to update from B125 to KitKat beta I did not have to copy the dload folder to Internal storage, so this could be a bug affiliated only to B606 I had I guess.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Install TWRP