Galaxy Nexus lagging immensely.

Search This thread

Theshawty

Feb 13, 2011
Hey guys. I borrowed my brother's old Galaxy Nexus while my HTC One is being repaired and I couldn't help noticing it lags. Immensely. I flashed SlimKat build 3 on it and before that I ran LiquidSmooth. I was under the impression that KitKat was supposed to be less resource hungry.

Is it because it's not "official" (from Google)? Would 4.3 run better, say in the form of CM10.2.1 stable?

Mar 9, 2013
Hey guys. I borrowed my brother's old Galaxy Nexus while my HTC One is being repaired and I couldn't help noticing it lags. Immensely. I flashed SlimKat build 3 on it and before that I ran LiquidSmooth. I was under the impression that KitKat was supposed to be less resource hungry.

Is it because it's not "official" (from Google)? Would 4.3 run better, say in the form of CM10.2.1 stable?

Try Deleting The (Google +) and if its Build in App try deleting it with Root Permission.
this Should Fix that Lag. It did For mine ^.^

cmstlist

Jan 11, 2010
Toronto
Google Pixel 4a
The unfortunate reality is that most Galaxy Nexus units have sluggish internal storage, and any background processes that are trying to write to it while you interact with the phone can create lag in processing and the UI. It was such a relief to switch to the Nexus 5.

mrgnex

Jan 10, 2013
Vlaardingen
Mine is not lagging but not fast too.. But with the right rom and kernel and some tweaking its pretty fast for its age :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Theshawty

Feb 13, 2011
I flashed back to 4.3. CM10.2 stable and now it runs better but still lagging. Not as much, though.

kingshads

Aug 4, 2011
Let me know how it is.running slimkat right now and I'm getting pretty much decent performance. We all have to remember this phone is older. I've been trying to justify getting the nexus 5. Will wait until the price comes down a little bit

Sent from the homie

toknitup420

Jan 8, 2011
boston

It's just the phone. My work phone is a gnex bone stock. And it lags horribly.

Ed V

Jan 29, 2013
Nexus Island
Mine is very fast, no lag at all, even after more than 1700 hours without rebooting :good:
Vanir 4.3.1 (final version)

Theshawty

Feb 13, 2011
This thread is active again. I thought I could get my One yesterday but Telecare messed up and sent me one that had even more tint than before, so I'm stuck with this until after May 9th because my carrier store closes for renovation between April 22nd and May 9th..

C'est la vie.

Qafix

May 28, 2013
KL
Since someone already opened a topic on this, I would like to chime in. This started happening too to me two days ago and it's driving me nuts. I must have done something somewhere but I just couldn't find any solutions.

As of two days ago, my Gnex started to lag since I flashed Fancy kernel r50. Serious f-ing lag. Nothing I do seems to help. I've dirty flashed my current rom (OmniMetal), I tried reflashing a previous version of the kernel like I've always done, I tried clean flashing everything again, I tried installing another rom (Paranoid Saberdroid) and whatever option available. The lag won't go away. This ain't your average lag. Even TWRP is lagging. Any suggestions?

SOLVED: It was a rewrite problem, what i did was i ran lagfix(fstrim) app and voila! Fast and speedy again.

Last edited:

shrirang44

Feb 18, 2014
Really happy with cm 11 remix, almost no lag.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Ashtrix

Dec 21, 2010
As mentioned before some of the nexus's suffer from the degrading EMMC performance. Refer to this thread to make sure which side you are on...
hope that helps :good: