[Q] Two Questions -- One simple, the other, not so simple

Search This thread

XxbloodxrushxX

Apr 2, 2011
Schaumburg, IL
Hello fellow XDA members. There are two big questions that I have regarding the nexus 5 and custom ROMS and files.

1) Is there a way to get USB OTG support from recovery? If so, which recovery would that be? I'd like to have my ROMS and GAPPS on a USB rather than them taking up significant internal memory.

2.) I've noticed while using a few different ROMS that my nexus will randomly say something referring to a new SIM card being inserted and that the phone needs to reboot. When I click reboot, I wait for the phone to boot completely into the UI and it says that I have no service. This is fixed by enabling/disabling airplane mode. I've also noticed that when that message shows up, if i don't click reboot, the phone will remain on and I don't have to restart the phone, and my network is fine. So my second question is, why is this message popping up? Is there a file I can flash to get rid of this message? How would I go about removing this message?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

littleguevara

May 21, 2010
1. TWRP

2. All the instances of this I've seen has been a hardware issue, but maybe someone else will chime in who's dealt with the problem.

XxbloodxrushxX

Apr 2, 2011
Schaumburg, IL
I see...

1. TWRP

2. All the instances of this I've seen has been a hardware issue, but maybe someone else will chime in who's dealt with the problem.

Thanks for the feeedback regarding the USB OTG.
As far as the SIM card goes, I can't see that being a problem because I've been very fragile with this phone and have had it in a case since the day that I got it.

It HAS to be something software related. I was on C-ROM and the error occoured. So I decided to install SlimRom from Original Dev. Much more stable, however the pop up messages persist. I really hope I don't have to restore my phone to complete stock and root again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1/ You need a kernel that supports mounting external USB. Not all do.

Recovery doesn't use the same kernel as Android. It has it's own kernel compiled in.

Recovery is compiled with a kernel and even if compiled with the stock Nexus 5 kernel, it will support OTG no problem.