[Q] T-Mobile Galaxy Note II won't boot into system or recovery

Search This thread

terpin32

Jul 30, 2012
Isn't the bootloader for my phone already included within the T889UVUCMK7_T889TMBCMK7_T889UVUCMK7_HOME.tar.md5 odin flashable file?

Also wud it help if i used heimdall to flash from linux? like maybe the pit file is messed up.........i really dont know what the problem is im not really that good with this stuff ive just messed around a bit with phones and tablets and such.

any luck getting it to boot yet?

Reactions: veeman961

veeman961

Feb 2, 2013
Naperville
Just noticed this thread, try to follow the options listed in this thread and see if they work. If not then most likely the emmc needs to be replaced.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2758644

ok got it...im gonna try this ltr tonight.
i'll letchu know if it works out.
if not im gonna hv to send it in to samsung and they're gonna hv to replace the emmc chip: theres just one prob...by flashing custom images ive voided the warrenty. is there someway for me to unvoid the warrenty? ik abt triangle away but im pretty sure i need the phone to boot into system if i can reset the flash counter.

kozmo21

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2010
if not im gonna hv to send it in to samsung and they're gonna hv to replace the emmc chip: theres just one prob...by flashing custom images ive voided the warrenty. is there someway for me to unvoid the warrenty? ik abt triangle away but im pretty sure i need the phone to boot into system if i can reset the flash counter.

Don't think you have the emmc problem. Normally you will not have model # show up in odin, and there will be a pit file error... you have neither. I also wouldn't try to do the pit file from that thread, you don't have that problem.

What I would do... try the heimdall suggestion from that thread or try a different version of odin. Since you have knox showing in odin, the only file you can use is the MK7 which I guess you got from sammobile. And to you question of getting bootloader, that is included with the factory file you have flashed, so you don't need to do that.

I know you tried already to flash TWRP, but maybe try another version of that too? I would try the latest 2.7.2.0 or 2.6.0.3 or any others. Or maybe try philz recovery, different versions?

If all else fails, you can try to send it to mobiletechvideos, they may be able to bring it back.

good luck

Reactions: veeman961

veeman961

Feb 2, 2013
Naperville
Don't think you have the emmc problem. Normally you will not have model # show up in odin, and there will be a pit file error... you have neither. I also wouldn't try to do the pit file from that thread, you don't have that problem.

What I would do... try the heimdall suggestion from that thread or try a different version of odin. Since you have knox showing in odin, the only file you can use is the MK7 which I guess you got from sammobile. And to you question of getting bootloader, that is included with the factory file you have flashed, so you don't need to do that.

I know you tried already to flash TWRP, but maybe try another version of that too? I would try the latest 2.7.2.0 or 2.6.0.3 or any others. Or maybe try philz recovery, different versions?

If all else fails, you can try to send it to mobiletechvideos, they may be able to bring it back.

good luck

Thanks!
Just to make sure...I should use heimdall to flash all of the components already within the MK7 stock md5 file, right?
Also if I pull the pit file from my device and post it here, would someone be able to check to make sure that it isn't corrupted?

Last edited:

kozmo21

Jun 4, 2010
Thanks!
Just to make sure...I should use heimdall to flash all of the components already within the MK7 stock md5 file, right?
Also if I pull the pit file from my device and post it here, would someone be able to check to make sure that it isn't corrupted?

I would start with different versions of odin and the stock ROM, then try different versions of TWRP and PhilZ. When using heimdall, do the same thing, just try flashing the stock ROM and then the different versions of both recovery. If it hangs after flashing, remove battery for 10-15 minutes and try to boot recovery.

btw, if you have a sd card installed, try removing it.

Last edited:

veeman961

Feb 2, 2013
Naperville
I would start with different versions of odin and the stock ROM, then try different versions of TWRP and PhilZ. When using heimdall, do the same thing, just try flashing the stock ROM and then the different versions of both recovery. If it hangs after flashing, remove battery for 10-15 minutes and try to boot recovery.

btw, if you have a sd card installed, try removing it.

I just tried all of those things. I tried flashing different versions of TWRP Philz CWM and Stock recoveries. None of them worked. It still doesn't boot past the splash screen. I tried flashing with different versions of Odin and I tried using heimdall as well. Nothing has worked so far. Please let me know if there are any other possible solutions. Also is there a chance for my device to be hardbricked? I read online that hardbricked devices don't boot into download mode so I'm pretty sure its not....just not 100% sure. Please let me know and thanks for all the help so far!:good::good::good:

kozmo21

Jun 4, 2010
I just tried all of those things. I tried flashing different versions of TWRP Philz CWM and Stock recoveries. None of them worked. It still doesn't boot past the splash screen. I tried flashing with different versions of Odin and I tried using heimdall as well. Nothing has worked so far. Please let me know if there are any other possible solutions. Also is there a chance for my device to be hardbricked? I read online that hardbricked devices don't boot into download mode so I'm pretty sure its not....just not 100% sure. Please let me know and thanks for all the help so far!:good::good::good:

If you're still not getting any errors when flashing, I'm not sure what else to try? As long as it's not the emmc chip, sending it to mobiletechvideos should only cost you around $40 to get it fixed. Call them and describe what it's doing and that you aren't getting any errors in odin, and they should be able to give you an estimate?

btw, a hard brick is when it won't power on at all, just like there is no battery in it... and it looks like mtv can fix that too. Good luck

veeman961

Feb 2, 2013
Naperville
If you're still not getting any errors when flashing, I'm not sure what else to try? As long as it's not the emmc chip, sending it to mobiletechvideos should only cost you around $40 to get it fixed. Call them and describe what it's doing and that you aren't getting any errors in odin, and they should be able to give you an estimate?

btw, a hard brick is when it won't power on at all, just like there is no battery in it... and it looks like mtv can fix that too. Good luck

Thanks for all the help!
I guess I hv no choice but to send it over to mtv. Its gonna take me about a week since I'm going out of town. Until then, if anyone is able to contribute in anyway please let me know. If anyone else has had this problem and has found a way to fix it just post it here!!

Rhino_7

Aug 4, 2014
Originally Posted by Rhino_7 View Post
Well I soft bricked my T889 Note 2 I believe.

It turns on but stays at the start screen,"Samsung Galaxy Note 2." screen. When I try and go to recovery, I press the up button and it goes straight to "Downloading Do Not Turn Off Target".

I successfully got the files to download using Odin and it says successful ,I got the green Passed, but it acts like the bootloader is not working.

Please help!!.
I just want to get it working again. Since I can still use Odin, is there a stock file that will clean and get the bootloader working again ?

Okay,I got it back. Yeah I'm a noobie

I Odin back the original file androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407577200 which is the 4.3 ver. and it's back to unrooted stock I guess. This looks like the same file you tried but try it. Who knows,it might work for you also.
T889UVUCMK7_T889TMBCMK7_T889UVUCMK7_HOME-4.3.zip

Just a note for some who may not know this. Odin doesn't like it when you have Windows Explorer open when you are trying to load the .tar file.

I have since rerooted with success. I think I'll just play around with GravityBox and Xposed for awhile.

Last edited:

veeman961

Feb 2, 2013
Naperville
Originally Posted by Rhino_7 View Post
Well I soft bricked my T889 Note 2 I believe.

It turns on but stays at the start screen,"Samsung Galaxy Note 2." screen. When I try and go to recovery, I press the up button and it goes straight to "Downloading Do Not Turn Off Target".

I successfully got the files to download using Odin and it says successful ,I got the green Passed, but it acts like the bootloader is not working.

Please help!!.
I just want to get it working again. Since I can still use Odin, is there a stock file that will clean and get the bootloader working again ?

Okay,I got it back. Yeah I'm a noobie

I Odin back the original file androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407577200 which is the 4.3 ver. and it's back to unrooted stock I guess. This looks like the same file you tried but try it. Who knows,it might work for you also.
T889UVUCMK7_T889TMBCMK7_T889UVUCMK7_HOME-4.3.zip

Just a note for some who may not know this. Odin doesn't like it when you have Windows Explorer open when you are trying to load the .tar file.

I have since rerooted with success. I think I'll just play around with GravityBox and Xposed for awhile.

I have already tried this file and it did go through as Pass in Odin, but the phone never properly booted.

I tried to contact mobiletechvideos but they aren't returning my calls or responding to my emails.....please help!!
I'm not really sure what to do at this point so if anyone knows how to fix my problem let me know.....or if anyone knows a different service that I can contact let me know as well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    :D:D
    Sorry for not knowing, but how do I do that?

Im on att but i had the same problem but find the rom or whatever version of Android you were on and find out what bootloader you had and look to see if you can find somewhere to download it and flash itin odin like you did b4 but just the bootloader

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Isn't the bootloader for my phone already included within the T889UVUCMK7_T889TMBCMK7_T889UVUCMK7_HOME.tar.md5 odin flashable file?

Also wud it help if i used heimdall to flash from linux? like maybe the pit file is messed up.........i really dont know what the problem is im not really that good with this stuff ive just messed around a bit with phones and tablets and such.

any luck getting it to boot yet?
    Just noticed this thread, try to follow the options listed in this thread and see if they work. If not then most likely the emmc needs to be replaced.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2758644

good luck