Sim Access Profile or Remote Sim Access Profile (rSAP)

Search This thread

17-apg

I have just gotten an Audi which supports the sim access profile in phones. It says that it uses only the sim card from the phone thus saving battery and giving better reception through the cars external antenna. All very good but I cannot find this profile on my Touch HD. I am using radio version 1.17.25.09.with NRG ROM. What can I do? Is there a cab file for this does anyone know?

Aslo upon connection does this system read the phones own phone book or only those contacts on the sim card?

Appreciate direction on this one.

17-apg

I have just gotten an Audi which supports the sim access profile in phones. It says that it uses only the sim card from the phone thus saving battery and giving better reception through the cars external antenna. All very good but I cannot find this profile on my Touch HD. I am using radio version 1.17.25.09.with NRG ROM. What can I do? Is there a cab file for this does anyone know?

Aslo upon connection does this system read the phones own phone book or only those contacts on the sim card?

Appreciate direction on this one.

Does anyone know about why the touch HD does not have sim access profile in bluetooth????????

17-apg

Thanks for your interest; no as you can see there seems to be no interest in this thread. I would like to know more about SAP and how it works and how I can install this on my blackstone. I would also like to know if it uses my phone book directory or just SIM numbers (because I do not keep any numbers on my SIM card).
If you ever get any info on this I would appreciate it being passed n.
Thanks

Banjo2

Jan 7, 2009
Rsap - SAP etc...

Hi
Just read your message.

I have a Touch HD that connects perfectly with my VW Passat CC system.

You need to go...

Settings >>>Connections>>>Bluetooth>>>SIM Access....and tick the box that says remote sim access.

After you have done this you go through the pairing process. The phone will work straight off but you'll only get contact details on the car console if you have them stored on your SIM not on the main HD memory or an SD car.

I simply moved the key contacts I have across and hey presto I can ring using the car console or the car phone pad or the HD. If you recieve a call from someone not in your SIM stored contacts the car consol simply shows the number.

flyway40

May 28, 2009
Is this possible for any PDA?
Have a Ndrive S400 and also a VW passat, and no luck so far in pairing my phone to the car.

Thanks.