[APP] Instagram for android

Search This thread

Justice™

Jul 3, 2011
Description:

Instagram – A beautiful way to share your world. It's fast, free and fun! 

Pick from one of several gorgeous filtered effects to breathe a new life into your mobile photos. Transform everyday moments into works of art you'll want to share with friends and family.

Share your photos in a simple photo stream with friends to see - and follow your friends' photos with the click of a single button. Every day you open up Instagram, you'll see new photos from your closest friends, and creative people from around the world.

Features
:

☆ 100% free custom designed filters and borders
☆ Lux works its magic by making your photos more vibrant and brings out details in your photos you couldn't see before
☆ Instant sharing to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Foursquare (Flickr coming very soon)

☆ Interact with friends through giving & receiving likes and comments

☆ Works with Android versions 2.2 and above that support OpenGL ES 2
☆ Full front & back camera support

☆ And much much more...

APK is avalible here since the app isn't avalible on the market for us. Haven't tested it yet, though so I'm not sure whether it'll work at all. Will update this thread/post to confirm if it does or doesn't work.

dreamkill3r

Oct 19, 2011
first time i had a fc,then i reloaded and it worked,but when i loaded a photo,again fc :/

arana1

Oct 27, 2011
Redmi Note 9
you happen to know the path for its processed images? i want to upload one to FB but not using instagram itsel, cant find the path (is not DCIM)

Justice™

Jul 3, 2011
you happen to know the path for its processed images? i want to upload one to FB but not using instagram itsel, cant find the path (is not DCIM)

Not sure. In a instagram folder on your SD card possibly? I'll look in a bit.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

cmas84

Dec 27, 2010
Unfortunately me too.. Getting FC when uploading a picture. This sucks.. Been waiting for this app to be available for android and yet i can not fully use it on my phone..

tobirocker51

Feb 11, 2012
Yeah, mine has it too, sadly :(
I have those Forcing closes after choosing an image or making one, so Instagram doesn't work completely at the Wildfire :(
I hope some updates for the app will come with better Support for the Wildfire, so we can use it like others can.

I've been waiting so long for this, so I hope it'll be fixed soon..:rolleyes:

Justice™

Jul 3, 2011
Yeah, mine has it too, sadly :(
I have those Forcing closes after choosing an image or making one, so Instagram doesn't work completely at the Wildfire :(
I hope some updates for the app will come with better Support for the Wildfire, so we can use it like others can.

I've been waiting so long for this, so I hope it'll be fixed soon..:rolleyes:

Turns out its very buggy on many lower-end android phones. I hope they work on it more to have better compatability with lower-end android phones.

scarfur

Jan 9, 2012
Phones without OpenGL ES 2, such as the Galaxy Y or first generation HTC Wildfire, do not have the technology required to power Instagram's filters, and therefore cannot be supported.

Source: sorry can't post this because I am a noob user xD google for "INSTAGRAM | Supported OS & Devices" should be the first result.

I would say - no GPU, graphical processing unit - no OpenGL ES 2 right!?

greetz

eventcom

Jan 13, 2012
Source: sorry can't post this because I am a noob user xD google for "INSTAGRAM | Supported OS & Devices" should be the first result.

I would say - no GPU, graphical processing unit - no OpenGL ES 2 right!?

greetz
hm, don't know if I understand you right - but isn't that exactly what I've posted above (from the Instagram website).
Regarding the missing GPU I'm not absolutely sure if v. 2 is not supported at least partly because OpenGL ES-CM 1.0 is - but the missing GPU of course wouldn't produce nice results in image editing anyway (and cause too many negative side effects).
Due to the fact that our buzz is a pretty old low end device (in smartphone terms) I wouldn't expect any special treatment by Instagram.

Apr 5, 2012
I have no idea if that's any help, but I poked around in the .apk with dex2jar and jd-gui and don't really get why OpenGL ES 2.0 should be necessary. The only place I found references to 2.0 was in /com/instagram/android/gl/GLHelper and there we have:
Code:
int i = GLES20.glGetError();

GLES20.glBindTexture(3553, i);

GLES20.glTexParameterf(3553, 10241, 9729.0F);
GLES20.glTexParameterf(3553, 10240, 9729.0F);
GLES20.glTexParameteri(3553, 10242, 33071);
GLES20.glTexParameteri(3553, 10243, 33071);

GLES20.glTexParameterf(3553, 10241, 9729.0F);
GLES20.glTexParameterf(3553, 10240, 9729.0F);
The method signatures for these are (according to developer.android.com/reference/android/opengl/GLES20.html):
Code:
public static int glGetError ()
public static void glBindTexture (int target, int texture)
public static void glTexParameterf (int target, int pname, float param)
public static void glTexParameteri (int target, int pname, int param)
Compared to the GLES10 signatures (developer.android.com/reference/android/opengl/GLES10.html) there's no difference:
Code:
public static int glGetError ()
public static void glBindTexture (int target, int texture)
public static void glTexParameterf (int target, int pname, float param)
they seem the same, except for the missing glTexParameteri, but there's a:
Code:
public static void glTexParameterx (int target, int pname, int param)
and in GLES11 (developer.android.com/reference/android/opengl/GLES11.html) we would also have glTexParameteri:
Code:
public static void glTexParameteri (int target, int pname, int param)
I tried to modify the .apk, swapping GLES20 to GLES11, like described on code.google.com/p/dex2jar/wiki/ModifyApkWithDexTool but I got errors on the verification (even before modyfing) and I don't have much experience with android development, but maybe someone else could give it a shot.

I have no clue if that could work anyway, but if it doesn't really need GLES20 and just crashes because it tries to call things that aren't there, why wouldn't it?

Derrian

Jun 12, 2010
Well at least upload is now available, someone is bound to make an app that is more compatible.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Alex Charles

Apr 10, 2011
Why settle for replacement?

Just grabbed from galaxy 3 forums, as far as I can tell works fine but at work so can't test it properly xD

Well anyway, here's the download link :

http://db.tt/yuq3rPhs

Let us know how it goes!

EDIT :

Just taken a quick snap, still FC :(

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Description:

Instagram – A beautiful way to share your world. It's fast, free and fun! 

Pick from one of several gorgeous filtered effects to breathe a new life into your mobile photos. Transform everyday moments into works of art you'll want to share with friends and family.

Share your photos in a simple photo stream with friends to see - and follow your friends' photos with the click of a single button. Every day you open up Instagram, you'll see new photos from your closest friends, and creative people from around the world.

Features
:

☆ 100% free custom designed filters and borders
    ☆ Lux works its magic by making your photos more vibrant and brings out details in your photos you couldn't see before
    ☆ Instant sharing to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Foursquare (Flickr coming very soon)

☆ Interact with friends through giving & receiving likes and comments

☆ Works with Android versions 2.2 and above that support OpenGL ES 2
    ☆ Full front & back camera support

☆ And much much more...

APK is avalible here since the app isn't avalible on the market for us. Haven't tested it yet, though so I'm not sure whether it'll work at all. Will update this thread/post to confirm if it does or doesn't work.