4.3 camera apk

Search This thread

laosguy

Mar 12, 2011
Just downloaded the 4.3 camera apk and gallery off of Droidlife and everything works even photosphere

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Nate14

Mar 10, 2010
Colorado
Was this camera pulled from the leaked 4.3 rom and is there a difference between this camera apk and the apk that was pulled from the 4.2.2 S4 GE? Or are they the same? Droidlife posted the camera from the 4.2.2 S4.

MRBULLRED

Jun 17, 2010
New Orleans
Will these apk's make us with Note 2's lose any features? Also, is it easy to revert back to the stock camera and gallery?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

Nate14

Mar 10, 2010
Colorado
Will these apk's make us with Note 2's lose any features? Also, is it easy to revert back to the stock camera and gallery?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

No. The camera will install as another camera app if you're on a TW rom and will replace the camera on a AOSP rom. As for reverting back on an AOSP rom, its as easy as pulling the camera app from the rom zip and putting it back into system/app and setting permissions.

Last edited:

Wynnded

Apr 18, 2009
Rockies
The MD5 for these both are: 990d5e613b36a56f5423799aa26df2b4

Same as the Google Edition Camera/Gallery posted on DroidLife.

Last edited:

bustanut

Apr 29, 2011
No. The camera will install as another camera app if you're on a TW rom and will replace the camera on a AOSP rom. As for reverting back on an AOSP rom, its as easy as pulling the camera app from the rom zip and putting it back into system/app and setting permissions.

How can I delete the app if I'm on TW? I don't see it anywhere using ES File Explorer.

bustanut

Apr 29, 2011
Menu>Settings>App Manager.

That's also a method to uninstall apps that you may have installed that were not originally downloaded from Play Store.

Thanks, I didn't notice that the new Camera app was tied to a new Gallery app. When I uninstalled the new Gallery app, the new Camera app uninstalled with it. Weird.

Reactions: jewnersey

revdirty

May 6, 2011
Is this one laggy? the 4.2.2 apk one was always laggy and switching between camera gallery never worked for me

Wynnded

Apr 18, 2009
Rockies
Is this one laggy? the 4.2.2 apk one was always laggy and switching between camera gallery never worked for me
That may depend upon your device. Take it for a spin, although all the ones that I've seen posted in the last couple days all have the same MD5 sum meaning that they are the same app.

jfrichard

Apr 28, 2013
Working Great

That may depend upon your device. Take it for a spin, although all the ones that I've seen posted in the last couple days all have the same MD5 sum meaning that they are the same app.

This has been working fine on my Verizon Note 2 w/Goodness Rom. I haven't seen any lag.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just downloaded the 4.3 camera apk and gallery off of Droidlife and everything works even photosphere on Rootbox
    http://www.mediafire.com/?k3i4qza1cm4pcnv
    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    This (and AOSP in general) camera apps are ALWAYS lacking in my eyes. They seem more built for a generic, will-work-for-all type of feature set.

Yes Photosphere is cool, and it is fun to play with, but man you lose so many different features and settings switching to this camera on AOSP. If you're on TouchWiz you'll be fine because you can always choose the stock camera app for taking real nice photos or the 4.3 camera for photosphere. But for people like me who run AOSP, these new camera apks absolutely blow. I don't know why Google would remove so many important controls like ISO, Focus mode, so many different scenes, etc. They butchered the settings and I am really disappointed. Hoping this is because it's an early build and generic as hell, because if this is the direction they're taking it I don't think I want to update :(
    How can I delete the app if I'm on TW? I don't see it anywhere using ES File Explorer.

That's also a method to uninstall apps that you may have installed that were not originally downloaded from Play Store.

Thanks, I didn't notice that the new Camera app was tied to a new Gallery app. When I uninstalled the new Gallery app, the new Camera app uninstalled with it. Weird.
    Does this one have the option to save photos in the External SD card?
    Not that I've been able to find...