sim unlock after OTA 4.4 update?

Search This thread

georgia411

Jan 8, 2014
hello i was wondering if there is a way to unlock the sim on the xt907 after the kitkat update? i used the exploit to sim unlock this phone before so it could be used on straight talk. my brother updated it to kitkat and now the sim is locked again. is there anyway to redo the process or downgrade back down to jellybean so i can use the exploit again? any help would be awesome.

georgia411

Jan 8, 2014
my copy of cdma workshop 2.7 locks up when i enter the spn and click send? does the phone have to be in regular boot, ap fastboot? cause i dont remember and the video dont say :(

carb0nrain

Aug 11, 2013
i got it in bp mode and when i enter the spc it freezes up :( but i can connect the phone via port fine just when i send the code i locks up

Are you sending the code "000000" (6 zeros)? I actually just unlocked mine successfully. I didn't use any of the downloads that he gave. I used the demo of CDMA Workshop (currently v3.9.0) and the drivers package from motorola's website. Try using those. It appeared to work for me.

georgia411

Jan 8, 2014
Are you sending the code "000000" (6 zeros)? I actually just unlocked mine successfully. I didn't use any of the downloads that he gave. I used the demo of CDMA Workshop (currently v3.9.0) and the drivers package from motorola's website. Try using those. It appeared to work for me.

yes just tried with 3.9.0 and say device does not answer

georgia411

Jan 8, 2014

Is usb debugging enabled? Also list all the steps used to replicate the problem.

i had tried another tutorial on downgrading that involved flashing the boot.img so i downloaded the kitkat files from moto and got that all fixed.

ive got the phone in bptools
i start workshop 3.9.0
it connects to the com port
i click secuirty and enter six 0's and it says device fails to answer

carb0nrain

Aug 11, 2013
i had tried another tutorial on downgrading that involved flashing the boot.img so i downloaded the kitkat files from moto and got that all fixed.

ive got the phone in bptools
i start workshop 3.9.0
it connects to the com port
i click secuirty and enter six 0's and it says device fails to answer

Hmmm. That is interesting. The only thing that i can think of is your QC diagnostic driver may be corrupted somehow? Did you follow the video tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm2NKdXdHnc) to install it? Also can you post a screenshot with your device manager open while your phone is connected in bp tools mode. In you device manager expand the "Other Devices" tab.

georgia411

Jan 8, 2014
Hmmm. That is interesting. The only thing that i can think of is your QC diagnostic driver may be corrupted somehow? Did you follow the video tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm2NKdXdHnc) to install it? Also can you post a screenshot with your device manager open while your phone is connected in bp tools mode. In you device manager expand the "Other Devices" tab.

im gonna try reinstalling the drivers, i forgot how to delete them though do you know the location cause they arent under installed programs

carb0nrain

Aug 11, 2013
Last edited:

georgia411

Jan 8, 2014
Under installed programs, look for a name that begins with Motorola. Good Luck. If it isn't under installed programs, then I don't think they are installed. If so, go grab the official drivers from here: http://www.mymotocast.com/download/MDM?platform=windows

ok thanks for all the help, i think ive made progress. i switched the cable i was using with my brothers razr m with my blu studio 5.3s cable and loaded up cdma workshop 2.7 and i was able to do all the steps. another issue i found is the other cable wasnt letting me install the qc interface. so now i gotta wait for him to come over and put in his straight talk sim and hopefully we are back in business with it :D. ill let you know how it goes when hes able to come over :D

thanks again

carb0nrain

Aug 11, 2013
ok thanks for all the help, i think ive made progress. i switched the cable i was using with my brothers razr m with my blu studio 5.3s cable and loaded up cdma workshop 2.7 and i was able to do all the steps. another issue i found is the other cable wasnt letting me install the qc interface. so now i gotta wait for him to come over and put in his straight talk sim and hopefully we are back in business with it :D. ill let you know how it goes when hes able to come over :D

thanks again

No problem, glad I was able to help. Have a good rest of your day. Hopefully everything works out.

georgia411

Jan 8, 2014
thanks, much and you have a good one as well.

just to recap for anyone else having this issue here goes what was wrong.

the issue: droid razr m xt907 on straight talk updated to 4.4 and service was lost

first thing make sure all your drivers are installed. in you have the phone plugged in and you dont see QC Interface then uninstall all and reference the links listed above in the other replies (or i may have them listed if i edit)

now make sure your usb cable is working, the one for this phone would not work properly for this so the blu studio 5.3s cable worked great. make sure you have cdma workshop and the spn code is "000000" aka six zeros.

follow all the steps in the tutorial and you should be up and running. this phone does work on straight talk if you follow the tutorial.

georgia411

Jan 8, 2014
No problem, glad I was able to help. Have a good rest of your day. Hopefully everything works out.

hey buddy i put the sim card in today and it wont work i done everything by the tutorial and it writes the file. when the phone restarts if i do a network search it shows ATT but it will not connect. any ideas?

carb0nrain

Aug 11, 2013
hey buddy i put the sim card in today and it wont work i done everything by the tutorial and it writes the file. when the phone restarts if i do a network search it shows ATT but it will not connect. any ideas?

Yeah, I think the problem is that it knows that its ATT but it doesn't know what to do with the connection. You probably have to set a manual APN setting. Go to Settings-->Wireless&Networks-->More-->Mobile Networks-->Access Point Names-->Add Button(Upper Right Corner)

Use the following values:

NAME: (type anything you like, this doesn't matter. Use "AT&T Phone" or "My Phone", something like that. Just remember that every access point you create should have a different name.)
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: (not set)
Port: (not set)
Username: wap@cingulargprs.com
Password: CINGULAR1
Server: (not set)
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication Type: (not set)
APN type: (not set)
APN protocol: IPv4
APN: enabled (may need to check this, not sure about your model)
Bearer: unspecified

*DOUBLE CHECK SPELLING*

These values may not work. They were just the first ones i saw. If they don't work, then i will look for a new set of values.

If they dont work, also try the same settings with the username and password blank

When its added make sure you click on it in the access point names list.

Also go back from the access names list and make sure your "Prefferred Network Type" is set to Global.

Hopefully this works for you.

Last edited:

Games Goblin

Oct 15, 2010
Does GSM mode with APN settings still work in 4.4.2

I have a Verizon RAZR M running on stock 4.1.2 + root + Xposed. I am using a GSM sim on my phone and I'm getting HSPA+ data (so I guess my phone is "unlocked" as I can use another carrier).

My question is does the 4.4.2 ROM support GSM mode and can we add/edit apn in the 4.4.2 rom?

carb0nrain

Aug 11, 2013
You can edit/add APNs on 4.4.2 and I'm pretty sure you can use GSM on a 4.4.2 ROM.

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using XDA Free mobile app

notrite63

Mar 10, 2014
Razr M Kitkat Straight Talk AT&T sims

I updated to KitKat 4.4.2. and my service stopped. I used Radiocomm to set the NV to 00. I failed at least three times. You have to enable developer options, usb debugging and boot up in Factory mode. Follow the instruction that have been poster on this form = http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2166542 After I changed the NV I always pressed the restart button. After the phone has rebooted, unplug it and turn it off. Close Radiocomm and open Radiocomm up again. Boot phone back up in Factory mode and connect back usb to Radiocomm. Read the NV again. If it still 00, it has worked. Radiocomm, like people have said, will not see your phone unless usb debugging and Factory mode have not been set. My only complaint is that JB worked prefect and KK has the "Modem Fast Dormancy Monitor Service" screw up. Me and my wifes phone both are effected by this. Our JB battery life was real good. Now we both have reboots 2 or 3 times a day. My battery was dead one morning. I have found no help for this. Good luck with your phone. My Straight Talk AT&T service is really good. Fast Dormancy errors will make me buy some another phone unless Motorola issues a fix. I'm not going to hold my breathe!