New on Atrix, advices please.

Search This thread

lincer556

Dec 26, 2012
Buenos Aires
I've received a new ATRIX 4G (Called FUEGO here in Argentina).
Now i need to know how to make some tweaks, device's rooted, unlocked, with CWM, and i need some build.prop commands to improve responsiveness, and if there's a tweak for improving and removing the lagness on the BLUR launcher (because it feels so dumb.)

Also if there's some tweaks for gaming.

Thanks!

miogy

Sep 11, 2008
Alor Star
I've received a new ATRIX 4G (Called FUEGO here in Argentina).
Now i need to know how to make some tweaks, device's rooted, unlocked, with CWM, and i need some build.prop commands to improve responsiveness, and if there's a tweak for improving and removing the lagness on the BLUR launcher (because it feels so dumb.)

Also if there's some tweaks for gaming.

Thanks!

Maybe you can start with this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1154600
If you don't use webtop you also can try Superlite ICS rom that can be found in Android Development section. This rom for sure fix youtube problem(if you stick with gingerbread you will have problem to view youtube video after upgrading youtube application).

For gaming i don't think you need heavy tweaking. Personally i love the official rom but now i got problem with my data. It can't connect to internet.

nundoo

Nov 22, 2011
Bucharest
Soon to get an Atrix 4G. Main question: is there a 4.0+ Rom that has fingerprint and full HDMI functionality(horizontal)?

I thought I'll make a great deal getting this phone, but it seems that there are a lot of quirks with it... missing functionality with 4.0+, hard bricking... The phone seems great otherwise, hope I'll have some fun with it.

Thanks!

nundoo

Nov 22, 2011
Bucharest
Thanks, I guess I just want to be able to use a 4.0+ Rom as a daily driver(phone calls, internet, apps that require Android 4.0+), to be able to take pictures/videos and use the hdmi out feature(in landscape mode for videos). Would that be possible with Atrics or Blur ICS(I see in your signature that you use it)?

andresrivas

Aug 4, 2010
Córdoba
You can, however there are too many random errors for most people to be considered daily driver.

Camera has a purple noise on bottom, whenever you take a widescreen pic. It is also present on video recording as well. Regarding video, continuous autofocus is badly broken, it will try to focus every few seconds.

You might experience screen tearing, dissapearing panel and various graphical errors.

Battery life is awful.

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2

Reactions: nundoo and ravilov

ravilov

Jan 26, 2010
localhost
With 4.0+ ROMs there is no such thing as "I just need it to do this or that". There is no "just this" or "just that". Although many people use them as such, they are simply just not ready to be a reliable daily driver. If you decide to use them anyway, you also accept all the quirks, instability and any illogical behavior that might occur.

Reactions: nundoo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can, however there are too many random errors for most people to be considered daily driver.

Camera has a purple noise on bottom, whenever you take a widescreen pic. It is also present on video recording as well. Regarding video, continuous autofocus is badly broken, it will try to focus every few seconds.

You might experience screen tearing, dissapearing panel and various graphical errors.

Battery life is awful.

Atrics is the closest. But no rom after 2,3 is stable

With 4.0+ ROMs there is no such thing as "I just need it to do this or that". There is no "just this" or "just that". Although many people use them as such, they are simply just not ready to be a reliable daily driver. If you decide to use them anyway, you also accept all the quirks, instability and any illogical behavior that might occur.