Green line on screen from top to bottom

Search This thread

dougmod

Jan 18, 2009
I had been having major proximity sensor issues as of late, and decided to open the back of the phone and clean the sensor, no big deal right? Wrong. I had done this many times for people but of course on my personal phone, I mess something up. After reassembly and booting, I have a thing green line going from the top of my screen to the bottom. It is there all the time, whether on a boot screen, recovery, boot animation and obviously when the phone is on. Does anyone have an idea as to what the hell I did? I think it has to be some ribbon cable got touched and I need to unplug and plug it back in. Any ideas? Thanks

i tried disconnecting the digitizer/screen ribbon cable and reconnecting, no change. I did step 12, image 2
http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Samsung+...lacement/16540

i guess its broken for good?

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
I had been having major proximity sensor issues as of late, and decided to open the back of the phone and clean the sensor, no big deal right? Wrong. I had done this many times for people but of course on my personal phone, I mess something up. After reassembly and booting, I have a thing green line going from the top of my screen to the bottom. It is there all the time, whether on a boot screen, recovery, boot animation and obviously when the phone is on. Does anyone have an idea as to what the hell I did? I think it has to be some ribbon cable got touched and I need to unplug and plug it back in. Any ideas? Thanks

i tried disconnecting the digitizer/screen ribbon cable and reconnecting, no change. I did step 12, image 2
http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Samsung+...lacement/16540

i guess its broken for good?

I'd guess you're boned if removing the ribbon cable didn't fix it, or at least change it. I'd think if that was the issue then at worst you'd end up with the line moved to a different part of the screen.

How much did you take the device apart to get to the proximity sensor? You shouldn't have had to go near the screen, and been able to leave it firmly locked in place.

dougmod

Jan 18, 2009
I'd guess you're boned if removing the ribbon cable didn't fix it, or at least change it. I'd think if that was the issue then at worst you'd end up with the line moved to a different part of the screen.

How much did you take the device apart to get to the proximity sensor? You shouldn't have had to go near the screen, and been able to leave it firmly locked in place.

it was literally taking the back cover off, taking the screw off that holds the proximity cover on and moved the sensor. it was all done within a couple of minutes. no major disassemble. I didnt disconnect any ribbon cables or anything like that. so frustrating

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
it was literally taking the back cover off, taking the screw off that holds the proximity cover on and moved the sensor. it was all done within a couple of minutes. no major disassemble. I didnt disconnect any ribbon cables or anything like that. so frustrating

Yeah that is all that's needed. Ive done it too and I cant imagine what would you could do to hurt the screen without taking it out.

Warrenty?

Sent from your phone. You should be more careful where you leave that thing.

dougmod

Jan 18, 2009
Yeah that is all that's needed. Ive done it too and I cant imagine what would you could do to hurt the screen without taking it out.

Warrenty?

Sent from your phone. You should be more careful where you leave that thing.

i mean idk how i feel about it since I clearly did it somehow..but damn man. I have done this many times before and of course on my own phone, something happens