[Q] high power conception after rooting

Search This thread

v_joe

Aug 31, 2014
after towleroot, i ran into a couple of problems that pushed me to unroot -by flashing an offical ftf- but since then, my phones screen started to consume power ...ALOT !! like 51% of the power
did i unroot the phone wrong ?
do i have to factory reset ?
i also i have to mention that i deleted the permissions.xml file once , that is why i flashed a stock rom .

nobnut

Feb 27, 2010
If you are unsure, just reflash a stock FTF, performing a full wipe. Then take it from there.

Reactions: v_joe

nobnut

Feb 27, 2010
is there a common issue with towel?
and what does the data wipe do ?? other than deleting personal data ??

No, root is root. Once you have rooted, you uninstall the Towelroot app. Being rooted won't make a single bit of difference to battery usage. That is in 99.99% of all cases down to an app that a user has installed, or sometimes a change to a system file or setting that a user has made after s/he rooted their device.

Wiping data as you say removes your stored data (contacts etc), installed apps (from the Play Store etc) and sets up the phone as it was when you turned it on for the first time.

It might be worth backing up any pictures or music you have on the internal sdcard, but the external sdcard won't be touched.

Last edited:
Reactions: v_joe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you are unsure, just reflash a stock FTF, performing a full wipe. Then take it from there.
    is there a common issue with towel?
    and what does the data wipe do ?? other than deleting personal data ??

No, root is root. Once you have rooted, you uninstall the Towelroot app. Being rooted won't make a single bit of difference to battery usage. That is in 99.99% of all cases down to an app that a user has installed, or sometimes a change to a system file or setting that a user has made after s/he rooted their device.

Wiping data as you say removes your stored data (contacts etc), installed apps (from the Play Store etc) and sets up the phone as it was when you turned it on for the first time.

It might be worth backing up any pictures or music you have on the internal sdcard, but the external sdcard won't be touched.