Help "data/media/0"

Search This thread

Wndth

Nov 9, 2012
Hi.

I have an e975 and flashed philz cwm recovery (in the thread says "kit kat ready"), then flashed omnirom (excellent rom) but it installed in data/media/0 instead of data/media, why is that? In philz recovery --> advanced I specified data/media.

Can anyone help me solve that problem? It's annoying to have to move all my data from one place to another and back if I decide to restore to where I was.

Thank you

Enviado desde mi LG-E975 usando Tapatalk 2

Wndth

Nov 9, 2012
Any way to solve it? I've been reading and it says I have to update my cwm version but I have the latest and still the same problem

hasan4791

Nov 2, 2011
Gurgaon
Hi.

I have an e975 and flashed philz cwm recovery (in the thread says "kit kat ready"), then flashed omnirom (excellent rom) but it installed in data/media/0 instead of data/media, why is that? In philz recovery --> advanced I specified data/media.

Can anyone help me solve that problem? It's annoying to have to move all my data from one place to another and back if I decide to restore to where I was.

Thank you

I think you got the media storage option in philz recovery in wrong way....its not to specify the media path for rom rather its to specify the media path for the recovery to do backup and restore your rom...:good:

Wndth

Nov 9, 2012
I think you got the media storage option in philz recovery in wrong way....its not to specify the media path for rom rather its to specify the media path for the recovery to do backup and restore your rom...:good:

Could you explain yourself in a better way? Maybe a screenshot of where to specify the correct path or something, because I can't find the option in philz cwm

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Samsung Galaxy Note II
LG G8
Could you explain yourself in a better way? Maybe a screenshot of where to specify the correct path or something, because I can't find the option in philz cwm

What @hasan4791 is trying to say is that the path you specify in PhilZ recovery (the last option under Advanced) has nothing to do with how ROM is using the storage, and where it puts the data. It's strictly for the recovery itself. The folder structure for user data is different between Android versions, as already explained. It's the way it is, there is nothing to fix...

Wndth

Nov 9, 2012
What @hasan4791 is trying to say is that the path you specify in PhilZ recovery (the last option under Advanced) has nothing to do with how ROM is using the storage, and where it puts the data. It's strictly for the recovery itself. The folder structure for user data is different between Android versions, as already explained. It's the way it is, there is nothing to fix...

It couldn't be more clear. Thanks for the lesson.

Thread closed.

One more thing, if we like to jump from rom to rom, better is to move al our files to data/media/0, so every rom can see them, that's why I opened this thread, because I flashed 4.4 and all of my files were gone