[Q] Stuck at Splash Screen?

Search This thread

th3lawmak3r76

Feb 22, 2012
Queensbury,NY
So I tried to flash the Venom rom 1.2 version from stock rooted S-On and after flashing I am now stuck at the splash screen and cannot access the bootloader, any suggestions?

EDIT: I have figured out the problem and solved it, mods please close this thread

Last edited:

kumar1986

Dec 14, 2008
So I tried to flash the Venom rom 1.2 version from stock rooted S-On and after flashing I am now stuck at the splash screen and cannot access the bootloader, any suggestions?

EDIT: I have figured out the problem and solved it, mods please close this thread

Hi,
I am also having same problem. Could you please tell me how to resolve it?
Thanks.

th3lawmak3r76

Feb 22, 2012
Queensbury,NY
Hi,
I am also having same problem. Could you please tell me how to resolve it?
Thanks.

Well if those didn't solve your problem what I did was let my M8 run out of battery and then plugged it into my computer holding power+volume down and that allowed me to get into the bootloader and then into fastboot. I then erased the cache and entered recovery where I had a backup ready.

eeshuz

Dec 16, 2010
I'm experiencing the same problem, and still working on solving it. But for those who are stuck in the boot screen and need to shut off their phone so that they can boot up into recovery (power + vol down), hold down BOTH volume buttons and the power button and the phone will shut off in a few seconds. I couldn't find this anywhere and was getting annoyed waiting for the juice to run out so I tried a few things and this worked.

edit: turns out it's just volume UP and power to 'battery pull' the phone, not both, although that will work because you're pushing on up

Last edited:

CyDroid1

Feb 25, 2011
HTC ONE M8 Stuck on Splash screen

Well if those didn't solve your problem what I did was let my M8 run out of battery and then plugged it into my computer holding power+volume down and that allowed me to get into the boot loader and then into fast boot. I then erased the cache and entered recovery where I had a backup ready.

You can also try this if you're not willing to wait for the battery to drain. I also ran into that very same problem, being stuck on the htc splash screen.. However this is how I fixed it. Like one of the posters above i too held the volume button up while at the same time holding down the power button. My HTC One M8 would just reboot back to the splash screen. So, i went through all of the steps above again but this time as the screen went off still holding the power button down. I immediately slid my finger from volume up to down. I continued holding it in the volume down position until the boot loader come up. I selected recovery from there and did a cache wipe and restored a NAND backup. I hope this helps someone.

Haik0

May 15, 2012
Found a pretty easy fix

It's a somewhat common problem as I can tell,w hen the device stops on the splash screen (where it says "POWERED by Android") ,, and it has a pretty easy fix, which does not require drain the battery or erase the cache from ADB and so on ! What you do is, you hold down Volume UP + Power Button and keep it pressed till the device will re-restart itself and will boot in to the system (unless you completely f-ed up your system).
Good luck

NyteAlexander

Jan 23, 2016
I have found a way

Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Power button until you see a black screen. As soon as you see it press the Volume Down key and the Power button at the same time. This should get you to your bootloader. :eek:

m0han

HTC One M8 Stuck on BootLogo

....held the volume button up while at the same time holding down the power button.....as the screen went off still holding the power button down...immediately slid my finger from volume up to down.....continued holding it in the volume down position until the boot loader come up.....
thanks a lot. that did the trick.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm experiencing the same problem, and still working on solving it. But for those who are stuck in the boot screen and need to shut off their phone so that they can boot up into recovery (power + vol down), hold down BOTH volume buttons and the power button and the phone will shut off in a few seconds. I couldn't find this anywhere and was getting annoyed waiting for the juice to run out so I tried a few things and this worked.

edit: turns out it's just volume UP and power to 'battery pull' the phone, not both, although that will work because you're pushing on up
    HTC ONE M8 Stuck on Splash screen

Well if those didn't solve your problem what I did was let my M8 run out of battery and then plugged it into my computer holding power+volume down and that allowed me to get into the boot loader and then into fast boot. I then erased the cache and entered recovery where I had a backup ready.

You can also try this if you're not willing to wait for the battery to drain. I also ran into that very same problem, being stuck on the htc splash screen.. However this is how I fixed it. Like one of the posters above i too held the volume button up while at the same time holding down the power button. My HTC One M8 would just reboot back to the splash screen. So, i went through all of the steps above again but this time as the screen went off still holding the power button down. I immediately slid my finger from volume up to down. I continued holding it in the volume down position until the boot loader come up. I selected recovery from there and did a cache wipe and restored a NAND backup. I hope this helps someone.