[MOD][XT1033] Remove carrier label and SIM numbers for statusbar[Do-It-Yourself]

Search This thread

battllegrounds

Jun 14, 2014
São Gabriel
must work xt1033 hasnt got 4.4.3 yet so we dont know yet must xml must be the same more the less

Sorry for the English, for me does not work Rom 4.4.3, when I apply is all black, add the bara status.

Here is the files from the 4.4.3 rom:

w w w .mediafire.com/download/9nyikm9byenu0f9/msim_signal_cluster_view.zip
w w w .mediafire.com/download/fo9laf87kacgwqb/SystemUI.apk.zip

babai93

Feb 5, 2010
Sambalpur
Sir,

could you please help me to resolve this issue. i am on CM11 ROM.
Code:
I: Using Apktool 2.0.0-Beta9 on SystemUI1
I: Smaling...
I: Building resources...
C:\ADBtoll\Som\SystemUI1\res\values\styles.xml:18: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name '@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar'.
C:\ADBtoll\Som\SystemUI1\res\values\styles.xml:19: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name '@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar'.
C:\ADBtoll\Som\SystemUI1\res\values\styles.xml:24: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name '@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar'.
C:\ADBtoll\Som\SystemUI1\res\values\styles.xml:44: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name '@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar'.
C:\ADBtoll\Som\SystemUI1\res\values\styles.xml:126: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name '@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Ticker'.
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [C:\Users\24003061\AppData\Local\Temp\brut_util_Jar_4951261846790133982.tmp, p, --forced-package-id, 127, --min-sdk-version, 19, --target-sdk-version, 19, --version-code, 19, --version-name, 4.4.4-efbb5514a1, -F, C:\Users\24003061\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL8450080167400069480.tmp, -0, arsc, -I, C:\Users\24003061\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\ADBtoll\Som\SystemUI1\res, -M, C:\ADBtoll\Som\SystemUI1\AndroidManifest.xml]
	at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:435)
	at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.java:363)
	at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:286)
	at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:258)
	at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:236)
	at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:88)
Caused by: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [C:\Users\24003061\AppData\Local\Temp\brut_util_Jar_4951261846790133982.tmp, p, --forced-package-id, 127, --min-sdk-version, 19, --target-sdk-version, 19, --version-code, 19, --version-name, 4.4.4-efbb5514a1, -F, C:\Users\24003061\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL8450080167400069480.tmp, -0, arsc, -I, C:\Users\24003061\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\ADBtoll\Som\SystemUI1\res, -M, C:\ADBtoll\Som\SystemUI1\AndroidManifest.xml]
	at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:470)
	at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:416)
	... 5 more
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [C:\Users\24003061\AppData\Local\Temp\brut_util_Jar_4951261846790133982.tmp, p, --forced-package-id, 127, --min-sdk-version, 19, --target-sdk-version, 19, --version-code, 19, --version-name, 4.4.4-efbb5514a1, -F, C:\Users\24003061\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL8450080167400069480.tmp, -0, arsc, -I, C:\Users\24003061\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\ADBtoll\Som\SystemUI1\res, -M, C:\ADBtoll\Som\SystemUI1\AndroidManifest.xml]
	at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:89)
	at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:464)
	... 6 more

Last edited:

toxicro

Mar 23, 2006
Hey guys, i just modded our stock kitkat rom based on asian to remove the carrier label and cell broadcast from statusbar. I will share my flashable zip and also the method to do this. My big thanks to @siddarth.gtm and @ vikasb32 for helping me out on this!!

Code:
[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]This mod is based on stock deodexed rom and wont work on odexed ones![/COLOR][/SIZE]

How to do:

1.Decompile ur systemui.apk and open res/layout/signal_cluster_view.xml (to remove SIM numbers in statusbar):

2.Now find this line:

Code:
<TextView android:layout_gravity="bottom|center|right" android:id="@id/mobile_phone_label" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" style="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.SimLabel" />

and change to:

Code:
<TextView android:layout_gravity="bottom|center|right" android:id="@id/mobile_phone_label" android:layout_width="[COLOR="Red"]0.0dip[/COLOR]" android:layout_height="[COLOR="Red"]0.0dip[/COLOR]" style="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.SimLabel" />

also change:

Code:
<TextView android:layout_gravity="bottom|center|right" android:id="@id/mobile_phone_label_2" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" style="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.SimLabel" />

to:

Code:
<TextView android:layout_gravity="bottom|center|right" android:id="@id/mobile_phone_label_2" android:layout_width="[COLOR="Red"]0.0dip[/COLOR]" android:layout_height="[COLOR="Red"]0.0dip[/COLOR]" style="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.SimLabel" />

4.Recompile and ur done!!

I dont ask for donations but please do press thanks button a click of a button is never gonna hurt!!​

I updated the info in quote for lollipop.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, i just modded our stock kitkat rom based on asian to remove the carrier label and cell broadcast from statusbar. I will share my flashable zip and also the method to do this. My big thanks to @siddarth.gtm and @ vikasb32 for helping me out on this!!

Code:
    [SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]This mod is based on stock deodexed rom and wont work on odexed ones![/COLOR][/SIZE]

How to do:

1.Decompile ur systemui.apk and open res/layout/msim_signal_cluster_view.xml (to remove SIM numbers in statusbar):

2.Now find this line:

Code:
    <TextView android:layout_gravity="bottom|right|center" android:id="@id/mobile_slot_label" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" style="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.SimSlotLabel" />

and change to:

Code:
    <TextView android:layout_gravity="bottom|right|center" android:id="@id/mobile_slot_label" android:layout_width="[COLOR="Red"]0.0dip[/COLOR]" android:layout_height="[COLOR="Red"]0.0dip[/COLOR]" style="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.SimSlotLabel" />

also change:

Code:
    <TextView android:layout_gravity="bottom|right|center" android:id="@id/mobile_slot_label_2" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" style="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.SimSlotLabel" />

to:

Code:
    <TextView android:layout_gravity="bottom|right|center" android:id="@id/mobile_slot_label_2" android:layout_width="[COLOR="Red"]0.0dip[/COLOR]" android:layout_height="[COLOR="Red"]0.0dip[/COLOR]" style="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.SimSlotLabel" />

3.Now for the carrier label part open res/layout/statusbar_expanded.xml:

find these lines and change the width and height like the above method to 0.0dip:

Code:
    [LIST=1]
    [*]<TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Expanded.Network.SimSlotLabel" android:gravity="center" android:id="@id/carrier_slot_id" android:paddingRight="3.0dip" android:visibility="gone"
    [*]<TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Expanded.Network" android:gravity="center" android:id="@id/carrier_label" android:visibility="gone"
    [*]<TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Expanded.Network" android:ellipsize="marquee" android:gravity="center" android:layout_gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/cellbroadcastLabel" android:focusable="true" android:focusableInTouchMode="true" android:visibility="gone"
    [/LIST]

and also for

Code:
    [LIST=1]
    [*]<TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Expanded.Network.SimSlotLabel" android:gravity="center" android:id="@id/carrier_slot_id_2" android:paddingRight="3.0dip" android:visibility="gone"
    [*]<TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Expanded.Network" android:gravity="center" android:id="@id/carrier_label_2" android:visibility="gone"
    [*]<TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Expanded.Network" android:ellipsize="marquee" android:gravity="center" android:layout_gravity="center_horizontal" android:id="@id/cellbroadcastLabel_2" android:focusable="true" android:focusableInTouchMode="true" android:visibility="gone"
    [/LIST]

4.Recompile and ur done!!

I dont ask for donations but please do press thanks button a click of a button is never gonna hurt!!​

Screenshot?

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
    Do it yourself

I read this !!
    I said I need to disable sim 1 not sim 2
    Sim 2 already running in my phone
    The only problem with sim 1 broken !!!

in msim_signal_cluster_view.xml
    Code:
    <ImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom|left|center" android:id="@id/mobile_sim" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
    <ImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom|right|center" android:id="@id/mobile_signal" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.AnimatedImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom|right|center" android:id="@id/mobile_roaming" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
     <ImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom|left|center" android:id="@id/mobile_type" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
     <com.android.systemui.statusbar.AnimatedImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom|left|center" android:id="@id/mobile_inout" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />

change all wrap_content to 0.0dip