How to Update Lg Fathom to v7

Search This thread

bhast2

Oct 15, 2010
Ok so lg released VS750ZV7_04 update awhile ago but us lg fathom users couldn't up date cause there is an error in their software
here is a guide on updating you Fathom

First I ran the lg software update tool from lg to make it go to the downloading black screen -- you can get the software too from here http://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/vwz-phone-software-update.jsp --

extraced LG-Utils-0.4.2.zip to C:\

made a folder called "VS750" in C:\

Got the cad file from here http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdat.../VS750ZV7_04/VS750ZV7_04.SV7_04.P58006.R5.cab

renamed the cab file to "VS750ZV7_04.cab" than put it into the "VS750" folder

next I right clicked on "KP500-Utils-EN.exe" and changed the compatibility to winxpsp2

and ran it as admin

I than picked "J"

and than put in "VS750" for the model

than I put in "C:\VS750\VS750Zv7_04.cab" when it asked for the cab file

than I put in "VS750ZV7_04" for the version.

and it worked here is a picture of what the update looks like now
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26507682@N07/

I have attached the lg uilt 0.4.2 to update your phones

Attachments

• LG-Utils-0.4.2.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,613
Reactions: cristianjoey

da_reeseboy

Oct 30, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Lol this explains why both of you asked about dumping the rom.

@bhast2: I shot you back a pm.

@trueg: I'm trying to snag a usb monitoring program so I can monitor the data before I upgrade... I haven't found anything solid yet.

Reactions: bhast2

bhast2

Oct 15, 2010
OK I have dump it to .raw how that is what you need cause I dont' know what to do with the .raw files

xamweb

Nov 18, 2006
h**p://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/fathom.pdf Replace * with t because i can not post outside links. (post count is under eight)

VergiL09

Feb 6, 2011
Mabalacat
is it recommended to update to v7? some people are saying it is buggy and want to revert to v5, while others said its awesome, how about you guys what can you say about the v7?

mdy

May 9, 2011
LGFathom connects to WMDC but LGMobile updater and KP500-Utils-EN don't see the phone

Hi,

I just got a LG Fathom (V4) and want to upgrade to V7 before I start using it for real (I'm semi-computer literate, but new to phone hacking). My Fathom connects up to WMDC and syncs. But when I try to us LGMobile Updater, it starts bringing up "install USB driver" windows, one on top of the other. I unplug the phone and installed USB drivers from the updater and still get the same thing. While it's bringing up the driver windows, it looks like it is connecting and disconnecting from the phone, but I can't see for sure since the USB installer windows pop up over it. So I tried using the KP500-Utils approach, but it says "no phone attached". I notice in Windows 7 (32bit) Device Manager that the phone is under "Portable Devices", not a USB device. Does that make any difference. Both of the updating utilities can't find the phone. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

mdy

May 9, 2011
never-used USB port "solved" my updater looping problem

It might be pure luck or a Windows fluke, but I got the updater to work by plugging the Fathom into a USB port I've never used before (I have two on the side -- that I use all the time for various devices -- and two on the back of my laptop). I plugged it in and then started LGMobile Updater and it saw my phone and updated it to V7. And it works. Hope this helps someone else.

paradym3

Mar 27, 2007
Alternate Connection For This Method

Guys,
Hope this helps someone, I tried the initial method and ran into the same issue as others where the device is not recognized. I switched the USB connection to VZAccess Manager in Settings-Connections-Switch USB. The device then recognized and allowed update. I then tried a second device (company phones) and the VZW/LG Official updated worked with the same method.

Thank you LG for the craptastic updater and complete lack of knowledge about your device!

Thank you Bhast2 for your post, it saved my ass today and kept a customer happy!

P

ak21

Aug 10, 2011
ya, I am wondering the same thing, if we can put windows 7 on it.

Also is there custom themes we can get or can we put at least android on it? Was thinking of exchanging my omnia 2 for this phone, not sure though.

Top Liked Posts