Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 8, 2011
Hannover
Android 4.2 for the TF101..

WORKING/CHANGELOG:

[v0.0.0] Boots, of course
[v0.0.0] General Android 4.2 system
[v0.0.0] Basic 2D/3D elements
[v0.0.0] External SD Card (automounting works, too)
[v0.0.0] Reboot menu (recovery)
[v0.0.0] Screenshot option
[v0.0.0] Dock Lid System
[v0.0.0] WiFi
[v0.1.0] Themes
[v0.1.0] Audio
[v0.1.1] Make the system (and apps, such as Gallery+Apollo) recognize the internal and external sdcard!
[v0.1.1] Quick Settings (Pull down from the top right hand corner)
[v0.2.0] OMX
[v0.2.0] Main Camera
[v0.2.0] Rotation
[v0.5.0] Fixup battery drain
[v0.5.0] Multi-User Support (Up to 8 users)
[v0.5.0] KERNEL: BCMDHD: Add Wake-On-Wireless
[v0.5.0] KERNEL: BCMDHD: Add Hardware-Out-Of-Band-Interrupt
[v0.5.0] KERNEL: LINARO: Compiled with LINARO-GCC-4.7 Toochain enhancements
[v0.5.0] KERNEL: LINARO: Use all available optimizations, but keep the non-strict aliasing
[v0.5.0] KERNEL: MODULES: Upgrade modules with LINARO optimizations enabled
[v0.5.0] KERNEL: Bring in a new kernel with new governors and a (hopefully) better and stronger WiFi
[v0.5.0] Bump version number to 0.5.0 to represent the progress being made
[v0.5.0] Android 4.2.1
[v0.5.0] Trebuchet Launcher
[v0.5.0] Camera seems to be broken again.. thank you CM
[v0.6.0] Internal Microphone (thanks timduru!)
[v0.6.0] Camera (back, 5MP)
[v0.6.0] Bluetooth
[v0.6.0] Proper GFX acceleration (Games working atleast as smooth as on stock)
[v0.7.0] Tegra 2 EGL Framebuffer
[v0.7.0] Enable Expanded Desktop Feature
[v0.7.0] Enable Mouse Pointer Touchpad Mode instead of Circle Gesture Mode
[v0.7.0] Upgrade wifimacwriter (built from source)
[v0.7.0] Front facing camera (Mi1040 Sensor)
[v0.8.0] Wifimacwriter: return to prebuilt version for now..

NOT WORKING:
HDMI (?) - User-reported. Comes time, comes testing, come fixes.
GPS (?) - I don't use it on my tablet, but I will try to confirm and fix if I get some time.

SOURCE:
GitHub

SCREENSHOTS:
home.png

settings.png

Last edited:

RaymanFX

Jan 8, 2011
Hannover
Credits, Misc

CREDITS:

myself (lol)
cyanogenmod
all people who supported me!

NOTE:

Seriously, I feel lonely. Any developer capable of doing stuff like this please report in.
Teamwork saves us a lot of time to get his running on our 492162359 years old device!

Last edited:

alizafar

Dec 14, 2009
Saudi Arabia,Al Khober
Wow awesome ! But gonna wait for it to be in a at least beta stage before testing ! Oh and as for support...well if u what I can find u some issues with the ROM right now and give u an logcat or something..??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

D

Deleted member 4473400

finally :'D you are the best of Transformer developer ;) we ALWAYS support you :p now i can wait other minutes for this beutiful rom.... multiuser works??

theslime

Dec 14, 2010
Thank you so much for your tireless efforts. It breaks my heart to see that there's basically no team efforts going with the TF101 anymore. Paul Burton, Guevor and Ricardo all seem to have left the TF101 behind (possibly Roach too?). Sad to see, but it makes your efforts even more impressive.

brgroover

Oct 12, 2010
thanks bro, do we need the addon? EDIT: i read was its needed

Last edited:

tuning_xx

Feb 15, 2010
Awesome work.
Also, some updates from CM in G+ says that Theme Engine as been fixed.
Also why not include the 4.2 launcher instead of Trebuchet? (in 4.1 it was faster for me at least)

D

Deleted member 4473400

i tryed it and i say that:
-accelerometer doesn't work
-keyboard doesn't work
-bluetooth doesn't work
-multiuser doesn't work
it is slow but good
for only a WIP is a good progress ;) in no time, we can have all working thanks to RaymanFX ;)

urko95

May 7, 2010
Big big thanks Raiman! I will come back later to post bugs & impressions!

Thanks again.

Urko

RaymanFX

Jan 8, 2011
Hannover
i tryed it and i say that:
-accelerometer doesn't work
-keyboard doesn't work
-bluetooth doesn't work
-multiuser doesn't work
it is slow but good
for only a WIP is a good progress ;) in no time, we can have all working thanks to RaymanFX ;)

Bluetooth doesn't work indeed, I am working on porting the bluedroid open source HAL.
Btw, just upgraded our Audio HAL and doing a new build .. if I got Audio working now, I'd sh*t my pants.

Keyboard does work, how have you tested it?
I did some browsing (because wifi just works.) and the keyboard let me type in whatever I wanted.
Multi-User might require the correct gapps, i haven't found good ones yet, google a bit and flash.

Reactions: 87Octane and cdurex

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Where does the recent apps list pop up when you hit the button now? In the middle of the screen or still on the left ?

urko95

May 7, 2010
Bluetooth doesn't work indeed, I am working on porting the bluedroid open source HAL.
Btw, just upgraded our Audio HAL and doing a new build .. if I got Audio working now, I'd sh*t my pants.

Keyboard does work, how have you tested it?
I did some browsing (because wifi just works.) and the keyboard let me type in whatever I wanted.
Multi-User might require the correct gapps, i haven't found good ones yet, google a bit and flash.

I have found a Gapps package and I'm testing it...

Regards,

Urko

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

It's not a ROM, it's a Gapps package!

Regards,

Urko

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Where does the recent apps list pop up when you hit the button now? In the middle of the screen or still on the left ?

In the middle

Regards,

Uurko

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Made new ADD ON package, GAPPS included

DOWNLOAD

Working...:
  • Lockscreen
  • Launcher
  • Gapps

Bugs...:
  • Can't connect to Play Store -> Gapps FC
  • Bugs that RaimanFX reported

Credits: RaimanFX, OMG!Droid and me

Regards,

Urko

urko95

May 7, 2010
Some screenshots attached

Regards,

Urko

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-24-14-06-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-11-24-14-06-56.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 2,076
  • Screenshot_2012-11-24-14-07-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-11-24-14-07-04.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 2,027
  • Screenshot_2012-11-24-14-07-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-11-24-14-07-16.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 2,024
  • Screenshot_2012-11-24-14-09-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-11-24-14-09-38.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 1,909
  • Screenshot_2012-11-24-14-09-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-11-24-14-09-47.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 1,824
  • Screenshot_2012-11-24-14-10-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-11-24-14-10-07.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 1,829
Last edited:

urko95

May 7, 2010
Weird, why have they added the top notifications bar back for tablet OS ?

Looks like 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, not keen on the notifications menu being displayed from the top down either, looks like when you move the Windows 7 taskbar to the top of the screen and click start

Yes, Google has killed 10 Inch Tablet interface and they just made a tablet become into a giant phone...

Regards,

Urko

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android 4.2 for the TF101..

WORKING/CHANGELOG:

[v0.0.0] Boots, of course
    [v0.0.0] General Android 4.2 system
    [v0.0.0] Basic 2D/3D elements
    [v0.0.0] External SD Card (automounting works, too)
    [v0.0.0] Reboot menu (recovery)
    [v0.0.0] Screenshot option
    [v0.0.0] Dock Lid System
    [v0.0.0] WiFi
    [v0.1.0] Themes
    [v0.1.0] Audio
    [v0.1.1] Make the system (and apps, such as Gallery+Apollo) recognize the internal and external sdcard!
    [v0.1.1] Quick Settings (Pull down from the top right hand corner)
    [v0.2.0] OMX
    [v0.2.0] Main Camera
    [v0.2.0] Rotation
    [v0.5.0] Fixup battery drain
    [v0.5.0] Multi-User Support (Up to 8 users)
    [v0.5.0] KERNEL: BCMDHD: Add Wake-On-Wireless
    [v0.5.0] KERNEL: BCMDHD: Add Hardware-Out-Of-Band-Interrupt
    [v0.5.0] KERNEL: LINARO: Compiled with LINARO-GCC-4.7 Toochain enhancements
    [v0.5.0] KERNEL: LINARO: Use all available optimizations, but keep the non-strict aliasing
    [v0.5.0] KERNEL: MODULES: Upgrade modules with LINARO optimizations enabled
    [v0.5.0] KERNEL: Bring in a new kernel with new governors and a (hopefully) better and stronger WiFi
    [v0.5.0] Bump version number to 0.5.0 to represent the progress being made
    [v0.5.0] Android 4.2.1
    [v0.5.0] Trebuchet Launcher
    [v0.5.0] Camera seems to be broken again.. thank you CM
    [v0.6.0] Internal Microphone (thanks timduru!)
    [v0.6.0] Camera (back, 5MP)
    [v0.6.0] Bluetooth
    [v0.6.0] Proper GFX acceleration (Games working atleast as smooth as on stock)
    [v0.7.0] Tegra 2 EGL Framebuffer
    [v0.7.0] Enable Expanded Desktop Feature
    [v0.7.0] Enable Mouse Pointer Touchpad Mode instead of Circle Gesture Mode
    [v0.7.0] Upgrade wifimacwriter (built from source)
    [v0.7.0] Front facing camera (Mi1040 Sensor)
    [v0.8.0] Wifimacwriter: return to prebuilt version for now..

NOT WORKING:
    HDMI (?) - User-reported. Comes time, comes testing, come fixes.
    GPS (?) - I don't use it on my tablet, but I will try to confirm and fix if I get some time.

SOURCE:
    GitHub

SCREENSHOTS:
    home.png

settings.png
    Credits, Misc

CREDITS:

myself (lol)
    cyanogenmod
    all people who supported me!

NOTE:

Seriously, I feel lonely. Any developer capable of doing stuff like this please report in.
    Teamwork saves us a lot of time to get his running on our 492162359 years old device!
    PROGRESS!

The new Linaro-GCC-4.7 kernel finally boots, so I can now advance and compile the rom with the latest CM upstream changes for v0.5.0
    Expect the new version by tomorrow (approx. 20 hours till v0.5.0)

:)

EDIT: For those who prefer AOSP style, I've joined TeamEOS and am now the official TF101 device maintainer.
    I am just waiting for the sources to sync and then we're all gonna have some fun!
    Decided I wanted to try this out today and went to install using TWRP latest. Did the usual of wiping System/Caches etc and went to install.

Looked like it was successful, but when I hit reboot, TWRP reported no OS installed. Tried a couple more times with the same result.

When I went to restore my backup, I found that my Internal SD had been wiped. Anyone else have this issue? Maybe it's TWRP?

no guy :( i am the first victim that reply it on this thread... i had CWM 6.0.1.4 but it is a META_INF problem D: ... so cm_blob isn't good to our internal storage D:

1) It's normal that after a system wipe in TWRP, it complains about no system being installed. My blob gets written to the /staging partition at /dev/block/mmcblk0p4 at boot, that's why there's this large blue bar indicator after flashing my rom.

2) No, your data does *not* get wiped. It *may* get moved though, please try looking in /data/media/0 for your files, or even in the subfolders. Your data is still there, my method does not erase your data, it's 100% safe.

3) PRENDOMIAO. I usually do not argue with members at xda. I usually accept constructive criticism from the community, and if my work is ever going to be harmful to a device in any way, I'm going to be the last one not to be sorry and to put down my work.
    BUT, in this case, this is something special. The asus' blob flashing system is special, it's not like the update.zip packaging method you're used to (if you're used to any). You are wrong, just wrong, saying this would erase anything. No, it does not erase anything. No, it will not harm your system. I am flashing these self-made blobs every day, for testing new potential releases and to test work for the community. Guess what. My data never got erased. My system never got 'hurt' by any means.

I want to say it clear in case you still missed it:

STOP criticising my work, if the criticism is not appropriate. I hate reporting users to moderators, but I also support the philosophy of XDA and I firmly think it's every member's duty to keep the fora clean. Guess what would happen in the real world, if persons like you wouldn't get corrected. The funny thing is, I already corrected you twice, even K900 did once. And I want to be serious here, I'm getting upset because of your unqualified statements and reports.

KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, BEFORE YOU DO IT. IF YOU DON'T WANT IT, DON'T USE IT.

Seriously, I am not selling anything here. I do this on my own, without any 'paid' support. Sure there are great people out there, from whom I learned so much, I could never settle my debts (metaphorically speaking), like K900, Roach2010, Timduru, etc. just to name a few.

I hope, I really do, you got the message. Don't consider this as a warning or anything alike.
    But consider this a hint. A hint to you, to rethink the way you behave here.