Sprint Airave and 4G LTE connected

Search This thread

EVOMIKE025

Apr 4, 2011
Tampa
So I have a tower that was updated with LTE and before I couldn't get any service. After realizing I had 4G now by my house, I realized as well that my Airave was disconnected and when I reconnected it, it seemed my phone would switch back to 3G, however some how I am now getting great signal and still connected to LTE while connected to my Airave as you can see in the pic. I guess I will be calling sprint and canceling the return package for the Airave! The green is my airave and the red is the newly launched LTE tower.

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363842133030.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363842133030.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 2,728

tmoney239sucka

Aug 30, 2010
Anyone know why mine constantly switches from 3 different towers every 30 seconds or so. The closest Tower to me does have LTE but it never stays on that tower and that's the tower I get the best reception from bout 3 or 4 bars then I'll lose it all in seconds. Don't understand why. We just got a few lte towers up so I don't know if network Vision project is affecting it. I've never had good reception at my house so seeing 4 bars is nice, just wish it would stay

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363911076627.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363911076627.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 745

iandmacdonald

Jun 10, 2010
Interesting. I tried that app above, and it did not show any tower locations. It just showed my location

premo15

Aug 4, 2012
Austin, TX
Interesting. I tried that app above, and it did not show any tower locations. It just showed my location

Same here...does anyone know where to find a cell db? This is exactly what I've been looking for because I have the same symptoms as tmoney (switching back and forth between full bars/lte and one bar/3g).

Sent from my EVO LTE

jkt97401

Aug 29, 2011
U.S.A.
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Is the little blue tower thingy an icon for a Sprint tower or an airave? I have a blue tower thingy RIGHT next to my apartment and I have always had awful signal. (2 bars maximum, no bars / roaming minimum. Most of the time I'm at no bars)

Could the little blue icon mean there is an airave nearby?

EVOMIKE025

Apr 4, 2011
Tampa
Is the little blue tower thingy an icon for a Sprint tower or an airave? I have a blue tower thingy RIGHT next to my apartment and I have always had awful signal. (2 bars maximum, no bars / roaming minimum. Most of the time I'm at no bars)

Could the little blue icon mean there is an airave nearby?

Uhh not sure what you mean. The green triangle in the original post is my airave and the red triangle indicates the tower that is close to me. And yes so lucky to have a tower that damn close. I remember looking at where towers were going to be and remember seeing one close to my house, but didn't think it would literally be in my backyard...I drove around it to see if I could see an actual tower and I guess its not too high so my guess is it may just be like a station or something..But this airave and LTE is awesome, I been getting 3-5 bars all the time and anywhere from 3-12 mbps LTE

tmoney239sucka

Aug 30, 2010
Uhh not sure what you mean. The green triangle in the original post is my airave and the red triangle indicates the tower that is close to me. And yes so lucky to have a tower that damn close. I remember looking at where towers were going to be and remember seeing one close to my house, but didn't think it would literally be in my backyard...I drove around it to see if I could see an actual tower and I guess its not too high so my guess is it may just be like a station or something..But this airave and LTE is awesome, I been getting 3-5 bars all the time and anywhere from 3-12 mbps LTE

What airave u got. 2.5? I would love to use my Airave and have LTE at my house

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

I turned my airave on and it's only giving me 3g icon, speeds are Ok 1.5 mbps so that's better then before but I have LTE in my area so I should be just like you

Reactions: EVOMIKE025

EVOMIKE025

Apr 4, 2011
Tampa

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

I turned my airave on and it's only giving me 3g icon, speeds are Ok 1.5 mbps so that's better then before but I have LTE in my area so I should be just like you

Ill have to check when I get back home in a week. At first I had 4g and like I said I realized my airave was off and when I unplugged it then plugged it back I got the 3g then later it switched to 4g and I checked the airave and it was all green, made a call, heard the three tones at the start of connecting the call like always, so I think it may be because I am so close to the tower..I have no idea lol. Ill let you know what version when I'm home again in a week.

tmoney239sucka

Aug 30, 2010
Ill have to check when I get back home in a week. At first I had 4g and like I said I realized my airave was off and when I unplugged it then plugged it back I got the 3g then later it switched to 4g and I checked the airave and it was all green, made a call, heard the three tones at the start of connecting the call like always, so I think it may be because I am so close to the tower..I have no idea lol. Ill let you know what version when I'm home again in a week.

Ok cool. I'ma leave my airave on for a while just to see if 4g may pop up. I've been keeping it off because of text messaging delay ive been having. Btw I have a 2.5 I think that's their newest one, maybe wrong though.

Last edited:

EVOMIKE025

Apr 4, 2011
Tampa
Ok cool. I'ma leave my airave on for a while just to see if 4g may pop up. I've been keeping it off because of text messaging delay ive been having. Btw I have a 2.5 I think that's their newest one, maybe wrong though.

I just got mine like three months ago I'd that tells you anything

INMAN85

Sep 21, 2012
Muncie
There is an affect called the umbrella affect. When you live to close to a tower you get similar behavior as if you were distant from tower. So it will connect and drop that tower constantly. So in umbrella situation if you stood right next to tower you couldn't connect to it but once you reach a certain distance from tower signal picks up.

EVOMIKE025

Apr 4, 2011
Tampa
There is an affect called the umbrella affect. When you live to close to a tower you get similar behavior as if you were distant from tower. So it will connect and drop that tower constantly. So in umbrella situation if you stood right next to tower you couldn't connect to it but once you reach a certain distance from tower signal picks up.

That's beyond the point. As you can see I have no complaints lol. I am enough close as I should be and not distant and pick up lte signal, signal many are wishing they had and with a device (Airave) that should only pick up 3g data and voice. I agree with you on the umbrella effect however that is not the issue here by any means. I guess you could say I'm right where I need to be

Pizzalover83

Jan 16, 2011
San Antonio
My experience with net monitor is that it is very inaccurate regarding tower location.
I know where the towers are around my house, I can see them but net monitor is off over half the time.

Sent from my Nexus 7

EVOMIKE025

Apr 4, 2011
Tampa
My experience with net monitor is that it is very inaccurate regarding tower location.
I know where the towers are around my house, I can see them but net monitor is off over half the time.

Sent from my Nexus 7

It doesn't matter of the inaccuracy or accuracy of the app...Shall I take a picture of my airave as well as the tower by my house? This is all irrelevant to the topic of my post.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The app that is currently up is called Netmonitor, the other one running is sensorly
    Lucky!!

man your lucky u have a tower so close to u
    have you try to update your profile and prl?