Omfg i did it!!! Omfg i dit it!!! Rogers htc magic superhero rom!!!!

Search This thread

Killadude

Jun 3, 2009
Ottawa
Xiaomi Mi 8
OnePlus 9 Pro
WOW AFTER AGES>>>>>>> FINALLY!!!! YAY!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

First i would like to thank every one who made this possible , im sorry i dont know ur names..

This is what i did i dont know if itll work for every one but fingers crossed....

1. its like the normal rooting procedure except with the boot.img that i have!!! U need the sdk for this to work!!

2. Download superhero rom v2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3Y02RZAT

3. rename as update.zip and place on sdcard.

4. Shutdown phone.

5. Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/248983573/recovery-RAv1.0H.img

6. place this img in the tools folder of the sdk.

7. Start phone in fastboot mode (power+voulme)

8. from the fastboot menu in cmd restart phone with the boot image provided above. (c:\sdk\tools fastboot boot recovery-RAv1.0H.img).

UPDATE:: DO A NANDROID BACKUP THEN USE THE BOOT.IMG THAT WAS BACKED UP BY NANDROID (ON YOUR SD CARD) FOR STEP NUMBER 12/13/14..

9. wipe data and update .

10. reset phone but remove battery when the rogers sign comes on.

11. go to flashboot mode again.

12. .......... use backed up boot.img

13. place this in the tools directory of the sdk

14. in cmd again flash the boot image (c:\sdk\tools fastboot flash boot boot.img)

15. Now reboot and thats it ur done!!!!

NO WIFI!!!! NO BLUETOOTH IN THE SUPER HERO ROM AM TRYING OTHER ROMS... I THINK THIS METHORD SHOULD WORK AN ALL ROMS NOW... maybe not....

after trying for a while only superhero works not the hero by haykuro... dunno why it keeps restarting at the htc splash screen....

Last edited:

haykuro

Nov 21, 2008
Sunrise
lol to fix wifi find out whos boot.img you stole :)rolleyes:) and take the wlan.ko from /system/lib/modules and throw it over the one in the build.

sign, package, fly.
EDIT:
also, in default.prop (within the boot.img) change it ro.secure to 0 if you want rooted adb shell :p
Code:
ro.secure=0
ro.allow.mock.location=0
ro.debuggable=1
persist.service.adb.enable=1

heh.. this is why sometimes you should wait before just throwing an incomplete build out ;)

Last edited:

kavyt

Jun 4, 2009
lol to fix wifi find out whos boot.img you stole :)rolleyes:) and take the wlan.ko from /system/lib/modules and throw it over the one in the build.

sign, package, fly.
EDIT:
also, in default.prop (within the boot.img) change it ro.secure to 0 if you want rooted adb shell :p
Code:
ro.secure=0
ro.allow.mock.location=0
ro.debuggable=1
persist.service.adb.enable=1

heh.. this is why sometimes you should wait before just throwing an incomplete build out ;)

That is exactly why I am waiting for a proper release to come out.......hint

LOL

Killadude

Jun 3, 2009
Ottawa
Xiaomi Mi 8
OnePlus 9 Pro
it was the boot image i backed up myself... so what do i do exactly??? I kinda got the first part, used adb pull and push to copy over the file, but the edit just flew way oover my head.....

ps haykuro can you use this to make a biuld?? alsoo can u pls show me how to sign a package searched everywhere couldnt find out how...

re: TRIED THE wlan.ko file transfer still it says failed to start wlan!!!

Last edited:

daldroid

May 28, 2009
reply: like i said in the begenning thnx to all tht helped....

ps the daldroid should work as well

Yes, it works. Since June 8th ;-)
But daldroid-recovery is really a quick-mod of haykuro's one, so thank him (and others, I only mentioned him and a few others in a readme file in the ramdisk image)

I'm happy to see that someone else started releasing roms for pvt 32A board, because I was really busy and used all of my sparetime to try to rebuild a working kernel (Hero is running on my phone since 3 weeks, untested-bluetooth-fix, wlan fix, but still no working kernel, no iptables, so no release).

Going abroad for a few days, I'm sure I'll come back and be able to download your (or Haykuro's) new rom with a new built-from-sources-working-kernel for pvt32A ;-)

Greetings
Daldroid

hotweiss

Jun 17, 2009
Warsaw
I just followed your instructions for the superherov2 rom and I ran into some problems.

I cannot upload the boot.img

fastboot.jpg

Now my phone is stuck with the Rogers logo. Any ideas on how about I can go on fixing this problem.

Killadude

Jun 3, 2009
Ottawa
Xiaomi Mi 8
OnePlus 9 Pro
First u could try in fastboot mode re booting to the recovery img boot..... once in there wait for a minute, connect usb to computer and in cmd go to tools folder and type

adb devices, if u see a serial underneath then type
adb push boot.img /data/local/boot.img

with the image you downloaded if this fails then, ill redriect u to a link Thanks to daldroid itll help you run the origanal magic rom, without the rogers crap installed on it. Just not you have to set the api settings in the menu to:
name: rogers
address: internet.com
to acess the rogers edge/3g internet.

http://www.arbitraryuser.com/blog/2...-south-africa-to-get-android-market-and-more/

just skip to instruction number 8 in the step by step instructions

PS IF U DID DO A NANDROID BACKUP JUST PLACE THE BOOT.IMG & SYSTEM.IMG THAT WERE BACKED UP INTO THE TOOLS FOLDER AND TYPE IN CMD

FASTBOOT FLASH BOOT BOOT.IMG
FASTBOOT FLASH SYSTEM SYSTEM.IMG

I had to do that many a times because most of the roms failed to install...

tell me if any of that helps...

PS thanks for the test i have now changed the instructions on the main page..

Last edited:

hotweiss

Jun 17, 2009
Warsaw
First u could try in fastboot mode re booting to the recovery img boot..... once in there wait for a minute, connect usb to computer and in cmd go to tools folder and type

adb devices, if u see a serial underneath then type
adb push boot.img /data/local/boot.img

with the image you downloaded if this fails then, ill redriect u to a link Thanks to daldroid itll help you run the origanal magic rom, without the rogers crap installed on it. Just not you have to set the api settings in the menu to:
name: rogers
address: internet.com
to acess the rogers edge/3g internet.

http://www.arbitraryuser.com/blog/2...-south-africa-to-get-android-market-and-more/

just skip to instruction number 8 in the step by step instructions

PS IF U DID DO A NANDROID BACKUP JUST PLACE THE BOOT.IMG & SYSTEM.IMG THAT WERE BACKED UP INTO THE TOOLS FOLDER AND TYPE IN CMD

FASTBOOT FLASH BOOT BOOT.IMG
FASTBOOT FLASH SYSTEM SYSTEM.IMG

I had to do that many a times because most of the roms failed to install...

tell me if any of that helps...

PS thanks for the test i have now changed the instructions on the main page..

OK, if I try to use adb, it gives me an error stating that the device cannot be found.

I tried using my own boot.img, but I got the same error. Any ideas?

parrot5

Feb 7, 2008
OK, if I try to use adb, it gives me an error stating that the device cannot be found.

I tried using my own boot.img, but I got the same error. Any ideas?

When you are in fastboot mode, "adb devices" won't show it. I THINK he meant "fastboot devices". It should show your devices in fastboot mode

hotweiss

Jun 17, 2009
Warsaw
OK, I used Ubuntu to fastboot my boot.img and that has now worked. I have one question now, how do you enter your Rogers data information. The ROM doesn't make a data connection with Rogers.

parrot5

Feb 7, 2008
OK, I used Ubuntu to fastboot my boot.img and that has now worked. I have one question now, how do you enter your Rogers data information. The ROM doesn't make a data connection with Rogers.

Settings -> Wireless Controls -> Mobile networks -> Access Point Names

EDIT: read the NEXT post for the correct settings to put into the fields

Last edited: