will this accessory work with the One?

Search This thread

If you get it let us know. It may need something enabled in the kernal to accept power while in OTG mode but I'm not sure

I just purchased this same device and can yes it works just like any other USB OTG cable but it will not charge your phone or at least I couldn't get it to charge.

Makes sense. Thanks fir the enlightenment. Maybe since kernels are starting to come out one of the devs can figure out of a way around it

I've read comments from people with other phones that say it does charge their phones but I couldn't get it to do anything with my ONE. Now I did read somewhere that while it is plugged in the USB device is powered by the adapter and not the ONE so you can save some battery life but I haven't done any tests to verify or deny that theory.

minori_aoi

Jun 4, 2008
Jakarta
i think it's used to power the usb device. and it's very useful for device which doesn't support otg natively like nexus4

Comet1966

Apr 22, 2011
sevierville,TN
OK I can confirm that it does charge the device, just not mine, it charges the RAZR M, it will charge the one in recovery and when its off. But the storage doesn't show in recovery. When I have it plugged in while its on the OTG works and when I unplug it from the phone, it says its charging via USB. I'm no dev so I have no idea how I would get this to work.

v1rk

Dec 14, 2013
London
Charging will work in recovery but not in boot as the phone will be picked as an otg device

Top Liked Posts