Getting double text messages! Twice the love but double the annoyances

Search This thread

BableMan

Anyone else getting double text messages? I've searched up solutions but they all required rooting.

So I have a stock unrooted Note 3 rocking regular touchwiz and when I get a text it'll come once but then again a few seconds later, both times with the notification. Does this in the regular messages app and in hangouts if I enable SMS.

I've uninstalled all my other messaging apps in case that was the problem but that didn't fix it.
It happens with everyone so I know it's a problem with my phone.
Tmobile customer service is awful and couldn't help beyond offering to replace the phone if I pay shipping and go phoneless for a week.

Last edited:

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
Anyone else getting double text messages? I've searched up solutions but they all required rooting.

So I have a stock unrooted Note 3 rocking regular touchwiz and when I get a text it'll come once but then again a few seconds later, both times with the notification. Does this in the regular messages app and in hangouts if I enable SMS.

I've uninstalled all my other messaging apps in case that was the problem but that didn't fix it.
Tmobile customer service is awful and couldn't help beyond offering to replace the phone if I pay shipping and go phoneless for a week.

First you would not be phone less for a week cause they send u a phone then you swap it out.

The fix for this is to do a factory reset and before you turn phone back on you call T-Mobile and tell them to remove you from network then to add you back on then power the phone back on and it fixed.

TWEAKED 2.0

Reactions: BableMan

BableMan

First you would not be phone less for a week cause they send u a phone then you swap it out.

The fix for this is to do a factory reset and before you turn phone back on you call T-Mobile and tell them to remove you from network then to add you back on then power the phone back on and it fixed.

TWEAKED 2.0

They do send a phone if you can put a 800$ hold on your card, I'm a college student so a 80$ hold would be too pricey.

I was asking them to do just that since I had this issue with Cricket once but they said "we can't remove your phone without deleting your account". They tried to claim it was a GSM/CDMA difference but that seemed silly. I know I probably just got a few abysmal reps in a row but I seem to always get that. Thanks for letting me know that is still possible, so I don't have to deal with their epsilon class agents would this work just as well?

resetting this phone
hopping onto my tmobile and changing my device
changing it back
turning this phone back on

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
They do send a phone if you can put a 800$ hold on your card, I'm a college student so a 80$ hold would be too pricey.

I was asking them to do just that since I had this issue with Cricket once but they said "we can't remove your phone without deleting your account". They tried to claim it was a GSM/CDMA difference but that seemed silly. I know I probably just got a few abysmal reps in a row but I seem to always get that. Thanks for letting me know that is still possible, so I don't have to deal with their epsilon class agents would this work just as well?

resetting this phone
changing it back

Whoever told you that was straight up lying. T-Mobile has a 1 year warranty that they will do the exchange. And everytime I get a replacement it gets removed off network by them and then added back on. I think you need to speak to a supervisor cause they playing you. A reset might fix it but need the rest of it.

TWEAKED 2.0

Reactions: BableMan

Towle

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2010
The Wild
This isn't a problem with the phone itself. Are the notifications the exact same icon? If you use Hangouts SMS, go into the stock messenger settings and disable notifications. Otherwise a factory reset will resolve the issue.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

deeznutz1977

Jul 4, 2010
cHARMcity,MD
Whoever told you that was straight up lying. T-Mobile has a 1 year warranty that they will do the exchange. And everytime I get a replacement it gets removed off network by them and then added back on. I think you need to speak to a supervisor cause they playing you. A reset might fix it but need the rest of it.

TWEAKED 2.0

Trust this man. he's had the note 3 replaced 8 times I think :eek::D:D:D

I kid I kid BACARDILIMON
Sent from my SM-N900T on 4.4.2

Last edited:
Reactions: BACARDILIMON

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

TWEAKED 2.0

resetting this phone
    changing it back

TWEAKED 2.0

TWEAKED 2.0

Trust this man. he's had the note 3 replaced 8 times I think :eek::D:D:D

I kid I kid BACARDILIMON
    Sent from my SM-N900T on 4.4.2
    Factory Resets and reinstalling apps can suck :)
    This also worked Settings>more networks>Mobile Networks>Network operators>Search>Select Automatically