Help how to Flash zip file without custom recovery

Search This thread

MoMoGAX

Mar 11, 2012
Hi xda community
I have at&t motox 4.4.2 rooted but locked bootloader and I need to Flash zip file without custom recovery can I ?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

drago10029

Nov 19, 2008
Phazon Mines
Hi xda community
I have at&t motox 4.4.2 rooted but locked bootloader and I need to Flash zip file without custom recovery can I ?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

If you're rooted you can use ADB instead. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to do it, and I know it may be a little hard to use install recovery on a locked BL.

You can ask for help here but that's not our forum, it's the S4 Active. Hope that helps.

D

Darth

If you're on rooted 4.4.2...that means write protection is enabled. So won't whatever you flash get undone on a reboot or power off?

Just curious....never had a locked boot loader....building my knowledge. ;)

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Hi xda community
If you have a locked bootloader, and are on 4.4.2, as @kj2112 brings up, write protection would have been re-enabled when you took the 4.4.2 OTA, so any "system" changes you make will be lost at power off/on.

Next, having a locked bootloader, you'll kind of stuck. You can't flash/install anything that isn't digitally signed by Moto. You can side load APK's, but that is about it.

Reactions: MoMoGAX

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi xda community
    If you have a locked bootloader, and are on 4.4.2, as @kj2112 brings up, write protection would have been re-enabled when you took the 4.4.2 OTA, so any "system" changes you make will be lost at power off/on.

Next, having a locked bootloader, you'll kind of stuck. You can't flash/install anything that isn't digitally signed by Moto. You can side load APK's, but that is about it.