[App] Album app new UI update is rolling out

Search This thread

negrobembon

Jul 17, 2011
panamá
we both have z1, i just want to know why he is getting the update and i'm not.

actually, before i updated to kitkat, i had the movie app update as well. when i updated thru sus to .757, not a album/walkman/movie app update ever since.

its not that i'm eager for this app or anything, but it feels like something wrong with my .757 thats preventing me from getting native sony app updates. i didn't flash a downloaded rom using flashtool either, i just updated using sus when i plugged into pc companion and i want to sus to update instead.

Exactly the same here, my movies app was updated before i update to the latest 757 , after the update i haven't received updates to any of the other apps

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Same here...
You all have superuser mod?

I'm using stock 757 - by NUT - rooted, deodexed with superuser mod and no software update over the air as well.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

FahmyAbou

Dec 30, 2013
Vienna
Same here...
You all have superuser mod?

I'm using stock 757 - by NUT - rooted, deodexed with superuser mod and no software update over the air as well.

I'm also running stock 757 without root nor unlocked bootloader and I dont get any updates. Seems like it is related to the 757 firmware

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
I'm also running stock 757 without root nor unlocked bootloader and I dont get any updates. Seems like it is related to the 757 firmware

So...we have completely stock ROM (yours) and stock but rooted, deodexed and patched (mine) and neither can sew OTA apps updating...

Maybe it's region problem, not every region gets uodate in same time, some region don't even receive all updates...

But as long as we have XDA...it's OK..

FahmyAbou

Dec 30, 2013
Vienna
So...we have completely stock ROM (yours) and stock but rooted, deodexed and patched (mine) and neither can sew OTA apps updating...

Maybe it's region problem, not every region gets uodate in same time, some region don't even receive all updates...

But as long as we have XDA...it's OK..

We'll have to wait and see if any of us recieves the updates and if not I'll use the apks posted here

negrobembon

Jul 17, 2011
panamá
I stopped waiting and downloaded the Album and Walkman apks, the update center must have a bug or something

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

XperiaS_Lt26i

Jun 6, 2012
Tangerang
I replace the album app with this version, but somehow always force close when I open it, even after I clear data + cache, what's the solution?

Why are you waiting after all? Just download the apk in this thread and enjoy the update. It won't do any harm.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

its not about why i'm waiting, its about why i'm not getting the update notification and appears to be a lot of other ppl as well. i just want to know does anyone with .757 got the updates or is my rom keeping me from receiving update, if i can't receive this does that mean i can't receive ota updates in the future. that is the part i'm curious about, i don't actually care about the app.

blikie

Jan 24, 2014
getyruju.jpg

I installed it as apk at the end it says failed to install then i check the album and got the new ui.
Everything seems to work fine except this media server setting is out of place. I can access it no problem but the overlapping looks horrible. Any one else have this issue?

cingolat

Dec 18, 2010
Firenze
Received this morning the update......really cool the new album app.......z1 completely stock 757 no root no unlocked bootloader and always updated firmware trough sus......

Wiltron

Had the option to update it today (post date). I did, then uninstalled it right after. Here's why

• Open App, shows me some random assortment of all the photos on my device in no order
  • Doesn't let me set which view I want to use by default (I want to use folder/list view!)
  • Slow to load animated GIFs, if they load at all
  • Even with "Extensions" uninstalled by TiBu, still shows "shortcuts" to Flickr, Facebook, etc.
  • Shows me "Play Memories" and other bloat that I can't turn off/disable/uninstall
  • One accidental click to the above and it wants me to download additional bloat

Back to quickpic I go.. simple, fast, no useless **** and bloat.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts