LG FLEX lockscreen?

Search This thread

Abu Nazir

Apr 3, 2013
I happen to still have some on my computer... I honestly don't know if it will work or not and would ask the dev if I were you but as long as you back up you should be pretty safe...
Here is a recovery zip with the lockscreen and lockscreen settings.-LINK-
Make a copy of the zip and rename it to backup or something. Then open the backup zip with winrar or 7zip. It will open like a folder. Drag the lockscreen and lockscreen settings from your rom into system/app in the backup zip, then close the zip. Now you have a backup. Also back up your rom in recovery just in case.

1. Put both zips on your internal storage.
  2. Boot into recovery.
  3. Make a nandroid backup of your rom.
  4. Go back to main recovery menu and choose install update zip.
  5. Choose the flexlock.zip I uploaded and flash/install it.
  6. Clear cache and Dalvik just to be safe.
  7. Reboot.

Then check to see if your rom works:fingers-crossed::eek:and if you have the option in lockscreen settings.
If you have issues booting into the rom then just boot into recovery and flash the backup zip or restore your rom backup.

Bro i love u!!! (No homo) lol. This worked my friend! At first boot all i had was the older looking Optimus G or Pro flower lock screen. Had to change theme to basic theme. Then went into lockscreen settings and changed wallpaper in wallpaper gallery. Rebooted phone. After reboot changed theme to flex, then voila´, flex lockscreen. Not sure if swing works yet but i have a feeling it will. Thanks dude! You're the best!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

Abu Nazir

Apr 3, 2013
Not seeing any animations as of yet tho.

AyDee

Sep 30, 2010
Mobile

Abu Nazir

Apr 3, 2013

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1397670007013.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1397670007013.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 382

AyDee

Sep 30, 2010
Mobile

Is there an option in Settings>Lockscreen to enable Swing Lock screen?

Edit- I just noticed the 'lock circle' on the screenshot.... I think the zip I gave you did not work. When stock LG lockscreen can't be accessed it rolls back to AOSP-style, which you are seeing there... :/
Flex theme will change wallpaper regardless.

Last edited:

Abu Nazir

Apr 3, 2013
Is there an option in Settings>Lockscreen to enable Swing Lock screen?

Edit- I just noticed the 'lock circle' on the screenshot.... I think the zip I gave you did not work. When stock LG lockscreen can't be accessed it rolls back to AOSP-style, which you are seeing there... :/
Flex theme will change wallpaper regardless.

Ahhh. I see. Well poo.

AyDee

Sep 30, 2010
Mobile
What rom do u suggest. Starting to lean mote that way at this point

Do you want to stay on 4.2 for any reason? Or move up to 4.4? Aeonflex (link in my sig) is an exceptional Rom. It is still on 4.2 now but the dev has been hinting at an upgrade soon. If you want 4.4 right away, there is Cloudy Flex, and actually CloudyStock has Swing lock but is a 4.4 stock based. All great choices. Also take a look in your device specific dev forum at the stablest/ most used roms.

Reactions: Abu Nazir

Abu Nazir

Apr 3, 2013
Do you want to stay on 4.2 for any reason? Or move up to 4.4? Aeonflex (link in my sig) is an exceptional Rom. It is still on 4.2 now but the dev has been hinting at an upgrade soon. If you want 4.4 right away, there is Cloudy Flex, and actually CloudyStock has Swing lock but is a 4.4 stock based. All great choices. Also take a look in your device specific dev forum at the stablest/ most used roms.

Ok thanks for all of yur help

Reactions: AyDee

rastigo

Apr 28, 2013
Pune
From what u are saying this is for KitKat only. Im on d3rp m1 so this prob doesnt apply for me not to mention im using a flextheme.apk correct? Thank u guys so much for the great info though.

there isn't lockscreen.......where i can find it????

So does anyone have or know where to find the Flex lockscreensettings.apk? Would love to try and mess around with it.

Hey guys, if you guys are on kk then you are looking for this...Its flex lockscreen+ touch & hold lock + all effects enabled. Made it sometime back....

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2777502
If you are on JB let me know, I can try making it for jb as well...... Thought I'd help :angel:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the lg flex theme on my g2 and i really love it. The lock screen that comes with it is pretty sweet, the only thing is, is its a really light blue daytime theme. I noticed on the Flex that its lockscreen was dark and looked like night time with all of the stars. Ive looked everywhere, but is it possible to get the Flex lockscreen? Would really love to find this if its possible. Thanks

If you are talking about the "swing" lockscreen that tilts with the phone you have to angle the phone up in the evening/night to see the stars.
    Ok so i guess i should ask this then. Is there a way to make the lockscreen look like night time instead of day time? Or by changing the swing setting that changes the day and night settings? So sorry if i have not understood what u guys are telling me. Thanks alot

You can't force the animated swing lockscreen to stay in night 'mode'. But there are nice animations for day too when it is enabled. The pic you posted is a placeholder for people without swing enabled.
    U know what i need to probly tell u guys what rom im on and so forth. Im on d3rp M1 4.2.2. Also im using a Flex theme .apk. could either of those be why i dont have the swing lockscreen?

The Flex theme is not the issue. Ask your rom Dev to look into it. It may be as simple as adding the lines but we don't know what all is removed or changed so he will know best.

Edit- I am on a 4.4 rom, not sure if 4.2 has it built-in either... sorry for the confusion
    The Flex theme is not the issue. Ask your rom Dev to look into it. It may be as simple as adding the lines but we don't know what all is removed or changed so he will know best.

Edit- I am on a 4.4 rom, not sure if 4.2 has it built-in either... sorry for the confusion

Hey no problem man. U have been so helpful. I very much appreciate it. U also helped me learn some cool new stuff that was fun doing. Thanks for that

What rom do u suggest. Starting to lean mote that way at this point