64G micro SD card for Galaxy Player?

Search This thread

WT Ho

Jul 4, 2011
Looks like there is a 64G micro SD by Sandisk. Will be good for my collections of lossless music.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Mobile-MicroSDXC-Memory-Adapter/dp/B005V7WIA2

Many claim that it works even on old Android devices. Just wonder if any Galaxy Player owners tried this yet?

Update:

Finally got one. Similar to the experience of other users, the player will think that the SD card is corrupted when mounted for the first time. Once you format it as instructed, it will work fine.

I have attached a couple of screenshots below for those who are interested. Two of the screenshots are benchmark of 64G Sandisk (Class 6) vs 32G Lexar (Class 10).

Attachments

• Setting.jpg
    Setting.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 1,930
Last edited:
Reactions: NullUser

cvcduty

Feb 24, 2011
Holly
Looks like there is a 64G micro SD by Sandisk. Will be good for my collections of lossless music.

Many claim that it works even on old Android devices. Just wonder if any Galaxy Player owners tried this yet?

I think I read somewhere that the SDXC I cards are somewhat compatible with older devices but not fully. That "I" degignation is new and not supported by older SDHC devices. In older devices, the "I" cards would work at a slower speeds, I believe. In this case, Class 6... I think I have seen SDXC I cards being advertised as 50Mb/sec read speeds... at class 6, that would drop do avg. 6Mb/sec... so you loose the speed the "I" standard brings but the larger capacity always sounds good. In saying so, I have not tried these. I am however, very tempted...

ZaIINN

Dec 28, 2011

I'd imagine it will work just fine. You just won't be able to take advantage of the "advanced speed" aspect.

If your interested in it, just purchase it with Paypal and return it if it doesn't work. I'd give it a try, but I'm fine with my 32GB + 16GB cards at this time.

If you do end up ordering it, please let us know what your results are...

Read times
Write times
Overall stability
And most important... if it works and can read the card!

klin1344

Nov 11, 2011

WT Ho

Jul 4, 2011
If I recall correctly someone over at anythingbutipod.com bought a 64 gb micro sd card and it worked perfectly with his 5.0 player.

Sent using Tapatalk

That's a good news. I will probably take the plunge and report back. As for speed, class 6 should be sufficient for music storage. I used to use class 4 for that purpose, it was a bit pain to load the music onto it for the first time but playing music from it is not an issue.

G

GuestK00466

Does work for me...how did you get it to work?

I am using a 64GB in my 4.0 formatted to fat32.

Hi Ryzir.

I'd be interested if you could explain exactly what you did to make a 64GB microSD card work on a stock 4.0...?

I've tried formatting a 64GB Sandisk microSD card to FAT32 and my 4.0 doesn't recognise the card at all...:confused:

Ryzir

Mar 31, 2011
When I first inserted the card into the 4.0 it came up with some error (corruption?) and I selected format. Been working perfectly ever since.

I should note that I'm in the US. I believe there are slight differences between US and INT version.

Last edited:
G

GuestK00466

Frustrating

When I first inserted the card into the 4.0 it came up with some error (corruption?) and I selected format. Been working perfectly ever since.

I should note that I'm in the US. I believe there are slight differences between US and INT version.

I'm using what I think is the US version or at least with US language...still no joy. The card isn't recognised at all.

Unless you can offer more information looks like I'll have to continue without...or perhaps see if I can buy a UK based one....:(

Ryzir

Mar 31, 2011
The only other thing I can think of to suggest is to try and format with SD Formatter (Google it I can't post link yet)

FWIW I'm using SanDisk - Mobile Ultra 64GB microSDXC Class 6 Memory Card (Model: SDSDQY-064G-A11A)

bluntsworth

May 16, 2011
32 class 10?

Hi, I have question that is slightly off topic but will a 32 gig. class 10 work in YP-G70 Us version?

G

GuestK00466

No joy

The only other thing I can think of to suggest is to try and format with SD Formatter (Google it I can't post link yet)

FWIW I'm using SanDisk - Mobile Ultra 64GB microSDXC Class 6 Memory Card (Model: SDSDQY-064G-A11A)

:-( Unfortunately doesn't look like any kind of reformatting is going to make my Galaxy S Wifi 4.0 compatible with a 64GB microSD card...

Oh well I guess I'll have to way until they (or someone else) provides an alternative device with appropriate support.

daniel644

Feb 29, 2012
:-( Unfortunately doesn't look like any kind of reformatting is going to make my Galaxy S Wifi 4.0 compatible with a 64GB microSD card...

Oh well I guess I'll have to way until they (or someone else) provides an alternative device with appropriate support.

Did you get the sandisk one mentioned above? And have you considered the possibility of a "bad out of box" situation? they can happen especially with electronics this small, I had a Kingston DDR laptop memory (best in the business IMHO) that was "bad out of box" so it is possible.

G

GuestK00466

Sandisk card works fine elsewhere...

Did you get the sandisk one mentioned above? And have you considered the possibility of a "bad out of box" situation? they can happen especially with electronics this small, I had a Kingston DDR laptop memory (best in the business IMHO) that was "bad out of box" so it is possible.

I did use a Sandisk card and I've managed to use it in another device (an Android tablet) without a problem.

I'm really very confused..I can only assume that I'd need to root my device perhaps...or...well I don't know. It's really very annoying and frustrating.:confused:

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

daniel644

Feb 29, 2012
I did use a Sandisk card and I've managed to use it in another device (an Android tablet) without a problem.

I'm really very confused..I can only assume that I'd need to root my device perhaps...or...well I don't know. It's really very annoying and frustrating.:confused:

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

I doubt rooting would make a difference,but at the same time there's no reason not to. (i had mine rooted within 6 hours of getting it out of the mailbox, and I had NEVER touched android before that moment) Maybe try rooting and flashing a popular custom ROM, Like Klins R5 and the Terrasilent kernel, at the very least doing the terrasillent (or any kernel available) along with rooting will give you the ability to use voodoo sound, and that alone is worth doing it for.

thats just weird, it reading in the other android means it should be good to go in the player.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Update:

Finally got one. Similar to the experience of other users, the player will think that the SD card is corrupted when mounted for the first time. Once you format it as instructed, it will work fine.

I have attached a couple of screenshots below for those who are interested. Two of the screenshots are benchmark of 64G Sandisk (Class 6) vs 32G Lexar (Class 10).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv_56mwG0w4 his video proof that the 64 gb sandisk card works. This guy is using his 4.0