[Q] Play Store Error Retrieving Information From Server [RH--01]

Search This thread

sahil687

Feb 23, 2013
Hey all,

I have been flashing roms for a while now but never had this problem. Recently I started receiving this error message every time I open play store after signing in.

First message:
"Unfortunately google account manager has stopped"

Second message (after i try to open playstore from my app drawer):
"Error Retrieving Information From Server [RH--01]" This happens right after I flash Jedi XX.

When I flash the Stock firmware for my T-Mobile Note II it works. However, when I try to a New Rom ( Currently JediXX) it stops working. I dk what else to do. I have tried everything from clearing the cache and installing a fresh version of Stock... but still nothing!

Help me! I dk what is going on. Should I format the SD card using CWM? and then flash stock ROM? and then flash JEdi XX?

Last edited:

PhxDroid86

Jan 14, 2013
Phoenix
Have you had the same results after flashing back to unrooted stock and rerooting

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

If you've installed any roms that requires Gapps, I'd look into making sure those files were adequately flashed

sahil687

Feb 23, 2013
Have you had the same results after flashing back to unrooted stock and rerooting

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

If you've installed any roms that requires Gapps, I'd look into making sure those files were adequately flashed

Yes, same results after flashing stock and rerooting.
I am using gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip with JediXX rom. Is that compatible or am flashing the wrong gapps?

PhxDroid86

Jan 14, 2013
Phoenix
Jedi xx doesn't need Gapps... unless I'm the one missing something... only flash Jedi xx and no Gapps... hopes this helps

PhxDroid86

Jan 14, 2013
Phoenix
Jedi XX does not come with gapps.. you have to flash it separately to get play store and all the other google apps

JEDI XX (like every other Touchwiz rom) doesn't need a separate gapps file when flashing... just flash Jedi X, Jedi Master, stock rooted, or any other non AOSP/AOKP/etc rom (without any Gapps) and your Play store will work fine -- unless the custom rom "calls" for a Gapps install (and please don't confuse goody bag with gapps) then you shouldn't have to flash a gapps file

Last edited: