[Q] Sm-n900a/ucubmj5 root?

Search This thread

Ciberious42

Mar 16, 2013
So to start off with I'm a huge supporter of all the developer's apps, I have pro everything. I'm not a complete "rookie" to XDA , I read instead of posting and asking a million questions that has been repeated over and over.

I've had my note 3 for days now and under careful consideration I'm finally going to root. Choice of poison to set my phone free is Kingo.

but... from my understanding...

●AT&T
○BASEBAND: N900AUCUBMJ5
○BUILD: JSS15J:

■MAKE SURE?
□Kies 3 is temporarily uninstalled?
□Lookout is temporarily disabled?
□PTP Camera is selected?
□USB Debugging is selected?

I can still root while still using this version but will be denied OTAs or any updating. So assuming that Kingo will have a root for future updates is it safe to go ahead and root?

I would like to update before I root but I'm not entirely sure what the next update holds over the advantages of being rooted.

I'm just trying to clarify before I move forward...

Be patient and do it right the first time... I guess...

Thanks.

Last edited:

lildoggs

Jul 16, 2009
New York
I've rooted my note 3 twice using kingo the only thing I did was enable USB debugging. I have Kies installed on by PC and both times I rooted without any issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

Solarenemy68

Jul 28, 2009
Dallas
So to start off with I'm a huge supporter of all the developer's apps, I have pro everything. I'm not a complete "rookie" to XDA , I read instead of posting and asking a million questions that has been repeated over and over.

I've had my note 3 for days now and under careful consideration I'm finally going to root. Choice of poison to set my phone free is Kingo.

but... from my understanding...

●AT&T
○BASEBAND: N900AUCUBMJ5
○BUILD: JSS15J:

■MAKE SURE?
□Kies 3 is temporarily uninstalled?
□Lookout is temporarily disabled?
□PTP Camera is selected?
□USB Debugging is selected?

I can still root while still using this version but will be denied OTAs or any updating. So assuming that Kingo will have a root for future updates is it safe to go ahead and root?

I would like to update before I root but I'm not entirely sure what the next update holds over the advantages of being rooted.

I'm just trying to clarify before I move forward...

Be patient and do it right the first time... I guess...

Thanks.

Exactly what do you hope to gain by rooting? The phone as it is stock does nearly everything you could want.