[Q] stock user - to upgrade or not to upgrade

Search This thread

tmak67

Dec 9, 2010
Hello,

can anyone give me a simple answer (i am a stock user - i don't want to root or flash just to keep things simple and stock) should i go a head and accept the upgrades from Tmobile (usa) or not. When 4.3 came out there was a lot of stuff on the internet that this upgrade was messing up people's phones - is still the case? most of what i read here deals with people having problems with the upgrades and rooting or flashing rom but what if you are just a stock user - what is the latest feeling on these upgrades?

thanks

MIUIAustralia

Mar 22, 2014
T9 keyboard option lost

Hello,

can anyone give me a simple answer (i am a stock user - i don't want to root or flash just to keep things simple and stock) should i go a head and accept the upgrades from Tmobile (usa) or not. When 4.3 came out there was a lot of stuff on the internet that this upgrade was messing up people's phones - is still the case? most of what i read here deals with people having problems with the upgrades and rooting or flashing rom but what if you are just a stock user - what is the latest feeling on these upgrades?

thanks

I have done a Google search and found out that the T9 keyboard option no longer exists after the update, if this is the case, you can always use a T9 keyboard in Google Play called Google Pinyin Input which includes a T9 option.

Last edited:

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
I would not update for any reason. There isn't something special with the last 4.3 update and this one. People did experience signal issues with both updates though. If it aien't broke don't fix it.

Sure there are discussions about certain vulnerabilities. Nothing that can be fixed by installing a couple of apps from the store.

jmberumenb

Dec 31, 2007
El Paso
I would not update for any reason. There isn't something special with the last 4.3 update and this one. People did experience signal issues with both updates though. If it aien't broke don't fix it.

Sure there are discussions about certain vulnerabilities. Nothing that can be fixed by installing a couple of apps from the store.

Not only that

We loose the benefit of custom ROM installation by the update of the baseband :crying: