[Q] Slow Nexus 7

Search This thread

msfox99

May 24, 2014
My 2012 16 GB Nexus 7 gets vey slow over time and then I have to wipe it and do a factory restore. It has stock 4.4.2. I understand that the TRIM command was implemented in 4.3, which what was supposed to be causing the slowness. Are others still experience slow Nexus 7's even after Google supposedly fixed this? I would rather not install other ROM's

Thanks.

Reactions: Sheldor1967

LCTN

Jan 14, 2010
I have the exact same issue on my 2012 N7. It's slow, very slow, for instance if I'm listening music on it, I can't do anything else or the music becomes choppy. Mine is rooted with stock rom.

beltet

Sep 23, 2011
I have the exact same issue on my 2012 N7. It's slow, very slow, for instance if I'm listening music on it, I can't do anything else or the music becomes choppy. Mine is rooted with stock rom.

Same here. But mine is non rooted stock. Was rooted before but after a few factory resets and reflash stock firmware im now not rooted. There is some problem with trim what I have understand from my little reading on the net.
Thinking of flashing cyanogenmod and see if they have made a solution to this.
If anyone have a tip your welcome to share.

LCTN

Jan 14, 2010
Same here. But mine is non rooted stock. Was rooted before but after a few factory resets and reflash stock firmware im now not rooted. There is some problem with trim what I have understand from my little reading on the net.
Thinking of flashing cyanogenmod and see if they have made a solution to this.
If anyone have a tip your welcome to share.

Yeah, but that TRIM problem was addressed with Android 4.3 I guess, but the issue still exists on my N7. I simply cannot multitask on mine or it will freeze everything, it's frustrating.

beltet

Sep 23, 2011
Yeah, but that TRIM problem was addressed with Android 4.3 I guess, but the issue still exists on my N7. I simply cannot multitask on mine or it will freeze everything, it's frustrating.

It was supposed to be addressed in 4.3 but to my experience it wasn't...
Mine freeze aswell and are really sluggish. Checking the "best ROM" thread ATM to see if I get a good tip on ROM with kernel.

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

Sheldor1967

Jul 23, 2011
Akron, Oh
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4

Same issue here. I read once that it had something to do with how it wrote to SD card. That a brand new grouper wouldn't have the same issues because it would be running this from the the starr. Someone suggested formatting the card and re flashing from adb, but I was never clear about how they would do that, nor were they clear about whether it truly fixed the problem.
I find that switching to Nova launcher helps, but then it starts bogging down too... Very frustrating ? .

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

davids1991

Jan 11, 2012
I was just posting about this issue. I have 6Gbs free.. Any solution? Mine is 16Gb wifi :) Thanks!

adrman

Jul 17, 2012
NYC
Both my wife's and my 2012 16GB N7 suffer from this on occasion. I was running rooted stock, but decided to give Rastakat a go. It's AOSP with a couple of extras, but it has made an improvement with the slowdowns. I also gave SD Maid from the app store a go. That freed up a considerable amount of space for me and helped as well. Since I just converted my N5 to F2FS, I'm considering doing the same with my grouper to see if it makes a difference.

davids1991

Jan 11, 2012
I have the same issue. Mine seems to be more responsive when less than half of the total storage is used. Ridiculous, I know, but that's the only thing that seems to work for me.

Well, to be honest, I cannot even update apps from Google Play due to slowness. I'm trying with SD Maid... it doesn't seem to work either!

My 2012 16 GB Nexus 7 gets vey slow over time and then I have to wipe it and do a factory restore. It has stock 4.4.2. I understand that the TRIM command was implemented in 4.3, which what was supposed to be causing the slowness. Are others still experience slow Nexus 7's even after Google supposedly fixed this? I would rather not install other ROM's

Thanks.

The auto TRIM command seems to be broken for the Nexus 7 (2012) in Kit Kat. I've experienced the same slowdown on 3 different 4.4.2 ROMs so today after loading SlimKat I decided to download the Lag Free Fix we used to have to run with 4.2 and sure enough it took a few minutes to run which indicates the TRIM was needed. Even with a fresh install the speed difference and less laggy interface was quite noticable

Try the Lag Free Fix on Google Play, it won't hurt anything and I bet you'll see a difference

BTW this is not a problem with my Galaxy SIII and Nexus 10 running Kit Kat, just the N7 2012

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks.